Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th November 2016, 17:22   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now with Self parking & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Well, you can go for the current gen A6, 5 or E if you don't mind as you will get huge discounts. But then shaman and the likes have some brilliant stocks, try pushing for a year old and you'll be amazed at the depreciation.
I simply love the Jetta, just that a new one is too expensive for me, and will look for one in the used car market 6-8 months down the line to replace my Captiva.
I have narrowed down to a RWD only! Unfortunately the quattro of Audi is simply superb but then also takes away a bit of fun, Now the choices in BMW are 3 series or the 5,

Between 320d and 520d, I feel a remapped 320d might be more fun to drive, Although i am keenly looking around for a 530d

Lets see how it goes.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 17:32   #62
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now with Self parking & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I have narrowed down to a RWD only! Unfortunately the quattro of Audi is simply superb but then also takes away a bit of fun, Now the choices in BMW are 3 series or the 5,

Between 320d and 520d, I feel a remapped 320d might be more fun to drive, Although i am keenly looking around for a 530d

Lets see how it goes.
A remapped 3 will be much more fun to drive than a 5. But if not going to be driven all out, then the 5 is a good buy. And now even the 520d is so loaded in terms of features!

There is a 530d on sale, one at a dealer at marine drive and another at a bandra dealer.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2016, 00:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
A remapped 3 will be much more fun to drive than a 5. But if not going to be driven all out, then the 5 is a good buy. And now even the 520d is so loaded in terms of features!

There is a 530d on sale, one at a dealer at marine drive and another at a bandra dealer.
Indeed! Its a secondary car for me which i only want for the driving pleasure, Hence i can even compromise on features if it drives well! & yes i have my eyes on both the 530d's already, Unfortunately i am leaving for uae in a couple of days, Hope its still there when i come back

Will pounce on one with warranty only though!
Old 16th November 2016, 01:32   #64
BHPian

Hi Tanveer, I wanted to know if its possible to activate auto-fold/un-fold for the door mirrors based remote locking/ un-locking?
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 01:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Hi Tanveer, I wanted to know if its possible to activate auto-fold/un-fold for the door mirrors based remote locking/ un-locking?
Hi, Its not possible, Simply don't waste your time over it, I have tried everything possible but nothing works, We would require an additional door module for it to get it working which basically is not worth the money and time.
Old 26th November 2016, 22:43   #66
BHPian

Hi Tanveer sir.
I have been following this thread for long now. I must say that i envy you for the sheer number of modifications you have made to your jetta. If I were on the lookout for a second hand executive saloon in the market, it would surely be this one. The car truly has mod potential.
A few questions.

My model is a 2014 Jetta Comfortline. Can I activate the fatigue detection in this model?

I am finding it difficult to open the fuse box cover? Any specific instructions for this?

Where did you buy the aluminium inserts for the steering wheel?

Regards,
Vishy76
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 10:11   #67
BHPian

Unfortunately the installer in Gurgaon Autopsyche refused to install the automatic parking. I have it lying with me. Installed the TPMS but haven't seen it lit up yet. I guess either it works in very low pressures or doesn't . Have to deflate I think to check it.
Metallicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 17:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Hi Tanveer sir.
I have been following this thread for long now. I must say that i envy you for the sheer number of modifications you have made to your jetta. If I were on the lookout for a second hand executive saloon in the market, it would surely be this one. The car truly has mod potential.
Hello, Thanks! The mod potential was one of the biggest influence for me to narrow it down to the jetta, Even after 2 years with this car, I still love every bit of it every time i drive it.

Quote:
My model is a 2014 Jetta Comfortline. Can I activate the fatigue detection in this model?
You would probably need a highline AN version of the can gateway, Pretty cheap on aliexpress actually hardly 2-3k, Installing it is a simply DIY too.

Quote:
I am finding it difficult to open the fuse box cover? Any specific instructions for this?
I haven't had a chance to open the fuse box, So i am unaware on this, Check online for some videos for it, I am sure you will find some.

Quote:
Where did you buy the aluminium inserts for the steering wheel?
Those aren't pure aluminium, Mostly plastic but it fits and feels really good, Bought it off aliexpress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Unfortunately the installer in Gurgaon Autopsyche refused to install the automatic parking. I have it lying with me. Installed the TPMS but haven't seen it lit up yet. I guess either it works in very low pressures or doesn't . Have to deflate I think to check it.
I thought Autopsyche would have done it, You will need to think twice before jumping in, Once you open up the car, You probably won't be able to fix it back till you have installed it properly, Find someone who is willing to do it, Instead of forcing someone too, Also how did you install TPMS ? Did you see the TPMS light when you switch on the car for a couple of seconds?