Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2017, 18:23   #181
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 160
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Hey tanveer, saw your car just below the parle bridge on Friday, was coming to you when you sped away, do you live anywhere nearby?
dhruvritzed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 00:04   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,983 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Tanveer sir, in your opinion, which so called customary checks by the service centre should I oblige to and which ones should I reject for the car.
Hi, Honestly its just a once a year service, Even the 7000 kms checkup is removed now, I don't mind them doing the AC disinfection etc too, But yeah its not really needed, I am happy as the car smells like new everytime its back from the service.

Quote:
I agree that a/c disinfectant is not worth the price paid and i have also noticed that many owners have ended up with broken a/c vents post this. Is there anything else I should ask them not to do for the car? The only check I think is worth it is the suspension greasing and wheel alignment.
Yes A/C Disinfectant is of no use, Opt out of it, Best thing to do is to ask your SA before hand about the things he is going to carry out on your car, Suspension greasing at 45k is a must, Even after that my car is making a very little bit of "chur chur" sound while going over speed breakers, Ill have to get that checked, Usual fluids, Balancing, Alignment, Tyre rotation ( Depending on the tyres) Suspension greasing and check is the major things that has to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Tanveer. Just wanted a clarity on the remap. Did the remap not get erased after the service?
Process of updating the car with the new software and the routine scan is different, Hence there is not a chance it can be wiped if you send it for usual service, Also a friendly SA is helpful, My SA knows all the mods i have done including the remap, He too confirmed the it wont be updated again, It has to be done just once for it to be updated in their system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I recently downloaded and tested an Android App called PerfExpert that performs dyno using the accelerometer in the cell phone and car data keyed in by the user. Below is the result I got for my stock Jetta.
Damm, Only if we would have done this during our comparo, We would have got a pretty good idea about the power loss after the update from VW, Great work though.

Quote:
When time comes for my Jetta to be taken for the 3rd year service and when VW would definitely do the software update, I will do several dyno runs before and after software update and post the results.
Please do so, I am very curious to see the power change, Since i hated the post update drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Fair enough. Not that I found any negative difference in my car post update but was considering a remap just for kicks. But then was wondering what would happen during service. But fair enough if the software is not scanned during service. However, in the event VW comes up with another software update for the Jetta; then what happens? They would probably wipe off the remap and update the software, right?
If they come up with another software update, The Remap would be wiped, But i really don't think so they will, Recalling lakhs of cars for an update again and again is not feasible, Also Have you driven the car on the highways post VW update? In the city almost no difference could be felt, Only on the highways from mid range to top end where the power konked off.


Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I guess most if not all the tuners do this free of cost.
Some will charge you full amount again, Most will charge atleast a nominal fee, Very very few were willing to do it for free, When i had enquired about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Hey tanveer, saw your car just below the parle bridge on Friday, was coming to you when you sped away, do you live anywhere nearby?
Hey! Indeed it would have been me, Was there to drop a few friends. Missed meeting you man, I don't live nearby, Though visit that side often.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 13:22   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,246
Thanked: 333 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Process of updating the car with the new software and the routine scan is different, Hence there is not a chance it can be wiped if you send it for usual service, Also a friendly SA is helpful, My SA knows all the mods i have done including the remap, He too confirmed the it wont be updated again, It has to be done just once for it to be updated in their system.
Well this is good to hear but with VW you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
If they come up with another software update, The Remap would be wiped, But i really don't think so they will, Recalling lakhs of cars for an update again and again is not feasible.
Well with the number of people (including us on TBHP) complaining about performance drops and that too looking to confirm the same through a dyno, it is possible that VW might come up with a software upgrade again to rectify this and this may not necessarily be a recall. But this is just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Also Have you driven the car on the highways post VW update? In the city almost no difference could be felt, Only on the highways from mid range to top end where the power konked off.
I had driven the car to Nasik post the update and frankly did not find any negative difference in performance. As a matter of fact I found the pickup to be smoother and more linear which I liked.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 16:03   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,983 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Well with the number of people (including us on TBHP) complaining about performance drops and that too looking to confirm the same through a dyno, it is possible that VW might come up with a software upgrade again to rectify this and this may not necessarily be a recall. But this is just a thought.
They could either rectify the emission problem or keep the power as it is, They installed the cheat device in the first place only because they would have not been able to clear the emission test along with the same power, Solution to rectify the emission issue now? Detune, They have already given their customers a few bottles of liquids as a compensation to the lower power.

Quote:
I had driven the car to Nasik post the update and frankly did not find any negative difference in performance. As a matter of fact I found the pickup to be smoother and more linear which I liked.
Only if you drive it in an enthusiast way, You'll find the difference, If you don't rev, You up shift as soon as possible, Keep the car under lower RPM's, You can never make out any difference.

Parting Ways with the Jetta: Yes, I am parting ways with her very soon, Probably in a couple of weeks tops, Once i pay the down payment for my next car, Ill let her go, It will be a sad sad day for me, But unfortunately only 2 safe parking that i have is making me do this... Next car?? A hint.. RWD
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 16:21   #185
Senior - BHPian
 
graaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,301
Thanked: 2,569 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Parting Ways with the Jetta: Yes, I am parting ways with her very soon, Probably in a couple of weeks tops, Once i pay the down payment for my next car, Ill let her go, It will be a sad sad day for me, But unfortunately only 2 safe parking that i have is making me do this... Next car?? A hint.. RWD
Wow! Going for a BMW 530d eh? Eagerly awaiting your update (and another ownership thread) on this. Congratulations and good luck with the new RWD
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 16:22   #186
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 160
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Hey tanveer, yeah hope to see you next time when in parle
Was contemplating on a Pete's box in my A4 with the same 140bhp output as your jetta, do you think the gains are justified as the Audi was not part of the recall and my car stands at 84k Kms
Also I need to consider that if something goes wrong with the Audi, I'll run into a lot of trouble
dhruvritzed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 16:33   #187
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,246
Thanked: 333 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
They could either rectify the emission problem or keep the power as it is, They installed the cheat device in the first place only because they would have not been able to clear the emission test along with the same power, Solution to rectify the emission issue now? Detune, They have already given their customers a few bottles of liquids as a compensation to the lower power.
Ok so lets say that the power has dropped post recall, how much do you think it has reduced? How much has it increased post remap and are you happy with the power post remap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Only if you drive it in an enthusiast way, You'll find the difference, If you don't rev, You up shift as soon as possible, Keep the car under lower RPM's, You can never make out any difference.
Frankly, I've driven as enthusiastically as possible but still did not find the difference. But then maybe its me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Parting Ways with the Jetta: Yes, I am parting ways with her very soon, Probably in a couple of weeks tops, Once i pay the down payment for my next car, Ill let her go, It will be a sad sad day for me, But unfortunately only 2 safe parking that i have is making me do this... Next car?? A hint.. RWD
Your car will definitely be a good buy for someone wanting a Jetta.

Last edited by Epic : 28th February 2017 at 16:47.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 00:05   #188
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,983 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Wow! Going for a BMW 530d eh? Eagerly awaiting your update (and another ownership thread) on this. Congratulations and good luck with the new RWD
I don't want to confirm till i have actually made the downpayment for it, Till now yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Hey tanveer, yeah hope to see you next time when in parle
Surely man!

Quote:
Was contemplating on a Pete's box in my A4 with the same 140bhp output as your jetta, do you think the gains are justified as the Audi was not part of the recall and my car stands at 84k Kms
Also I need to consider that if something goes wrong with the Audi, I'll run into a lot of trouble
Go in for the Pete's remap blindly, It will cost you 20k and you will have a brand new car trust me, After the remap jetta gave me such kicks that i had to upgrade to a 6 cylinder for more kicks that what jetta was giving me! Remap's specially the petes is very tried and tested, Go for it blindly! Specially on the 2 TDI engine which is very robust.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Ok so lets say that the power has dropped post recall, how much do you think it has reduced? How much has it increased post remap and are you happy with the power post remap?
My power was increased over the stock figures of the car i.e 140 bhp and 320 NM torque to 190 BHP to 400 NM torque (Approx) As far after the update from VW is concerned, I felt around 10-15 HP less, And this was the exact amount of power quoted in several international websites where they carried out the test, There was also a link in this thread.

Quote:
Frankly, I've driven as enthusiastically as possible but still did not find the difference. But then maybe its me.
I am really surprised, Since everyone i spoke to after the update was unhappy.

Quote:
Your car will definitely be a good buy for someone wanting a Jetta.
Indeed, One of the reasons where i did not even have to put up the car for sale online, A family friend and 2 guys who saw my car at the VW service centre got in touch with me if i wanted to sell it.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 00:11   #189
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 700
Thanked: 680 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I don't want to confirm till i have actually made the downpayment for it, Till now yes!!
Wow!! Congratulations!!
Do you have a buyer ready for the Jetta or have you placed ads anywhere?

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 00:20   #190
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,983 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Wow!! Congratulations!!
Do you have a buyer ready for the Jetta or have you placed ads anywhere?

Rachit
Thank you! I have a couple of buyers, But i feel like giving it a shot here, Post should be live on the Team-BHP classifieds soon & EXCLUSIVELY for Team-bhpian's, The way i have loved the car, I would be very very happy to pass it on to a fellow Bhpian who i know would share the same love towards her.

Mods : I don't intend to advertise my car through this post, Still if found to be agains't rules, Kindly Edit/Delete, Sorry for the trouble.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 23:40   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,983 Times
Default re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Journey with the Jetta has come to an end, And my it had been such a blissful 2.5 years and 34772 kms with the car, Specially the last 2-3k kms were amazing after the remap, But then the itch to upgrade had already bitten me, A Family friend who had driven my jetta after remap, As soon as he came to know i was selling mine he promptly said,"Its mine", I could not be more happier, I was looking for a Bhpian/Enthusiast who would take care of her like i did, And indeed the person i have sold the car to takes care of his car just like i do, I happily agreed and he took the delivery of the car, Attaching some of the pictures i took before waving the final goodbye to the car, Thankfully i can take her for a spin whenever i want, I had enjoyed every bit of driving her and i feel post remap, The fun was the limit of what you can have from a diesel FWD car, Honestly this is the best time to get a used or a 2016 jetta for anyone looking for a D segment sedan, Expect heavy discounts, Such a gem of a car i doubt would be made again or even make its way to India.
My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_4435.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_4440.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_4442.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_4453.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_4455.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_4433.jpg

I did not want to remove the sticker, But then i know the driver would be stumped when he would get the occasional waves out on the road.

See you guys in my next ownership thread, Which should be coming soon...
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (14) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 11:50   #192
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,508
Thanked: 87,557 Times
Default Re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I could not be more happier, I was looking for a Bhpian/Enthusiast who would take care of her like i did, And indeed the person i have sold the car to takes care of his car just like i do, I happily agreed and he took the delivery of the car
Oh man - lucky him! Someone in my circle is looking for a pre-worshipped Jetta. If I'd have know yours is on sale, I would have jumped at the opportunity to lap her up .

The way you buy & sell cars, please stick to pre-owned only . You'll save a lot of money in depreciation losses.

I smell a 6-cylinder beast coming up!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 12:27   #193
Senior - BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 1,009 Times
Default

Congrats mano! I'm happy that you've gone in a direction that we can all safely say is the best one. The Jetta is no slouch, but there really is no replacement for displacement.

Many congrats once again, let's burn some rubber and make a beeline for Nashik later, with me at the wheel of the car and you in the backseat, of course.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 15:43   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,983 Times
Default Re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Oh man - lucky him! Someone in my circle is looking for a pre-worshipped Jetta. If I'd have know yours is on sale, I would have jumped at the opportunity to lap her up .
The moment he came to know he booked my car and waited for a month for me to find my upgrade, Finally he took the car yesterday.

Quote:
The way you buy & sell cars, please stick to pre-owned only . You'll save a lot of money in depreciation losses.
Haha, Yes, Now that the price bracket has changed, Getting a hardly used car makes a lot of sense, Anything over the D segment will face lot of depreciation loss, Very true.

Quote:
I smell a 6-cylinder beast coming up!
Once confirmed 100% you will know it, You might be little surprised to know what i finally went for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Congrats mano! I'm happy that you've gone in a direction that we can all safely say is the best one. The Jetta is no slouch, but there really is no replacement for displacement.
No replacement for displacement, Really! Along with that the amount of luxury and features is simply outstanding!

Quote:
with me at the wheel of the car and you in the backseat, of course.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 09:52   #195
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 160
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

If it's not a 530d, I'd be really surprised
All of your posts indicate only that car
Rest I just wanted to suggest an A6 3.0tdi in case you find one
Found it a lot more balanced than the 530d
dhruvritzed is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived! Amarendranath Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 290 3rd September 2017 05:07
VW Polo TDI Highline : Multiple Breakdowns & Replacements. EDIT : Now Sold! shashank.nk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 15th September 2015 16:11
Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold! newtonMeter Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 85 13th August 2015 01:13
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold! Chethan B G Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1220 24th November 2013 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks