Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 23:12   #31
BHPian
 
abhii176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 133
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Introducing Chameleon - My Renault Duster AWD

Congratulations on bringing home your Chameleon. You couldn't have chosen a name more apt though, you can add me to the list of guys who wouldn't believe your beauty is green and not brown! Loved the write up as well, you're inspiring newbies like me to muster up the courage to start a thread sometime.
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 22:17   #32
BHPian
 
GhostRider28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 53
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Introducing Chameleon - My Renault Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I am on Wanderes now at 52K. But I dont need a high performance, all terrain tyre. I need some thing which will hold for long and one with low noise levels. Michelin seems to be on the soft side but with fantastic performance on noise levels.
Thanks ampere! On the tyres, I used Michelin XM1 Plus and then XM2 on my Swift for quite long. For on road touring, they are my favourites. You can check out MICHELIN Latitude Tour HP. Sidewall strength has improved nowadays. Latitude series is quite well regarded as I have heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Congrats on the Chameleon. This shade of Duster really makes the vehicle stand out in a crowd as do its capabilities. I think this is a great addition to the TeamBHP Kolkata family and wish you many brilliant journeys in this vehicle. Looking forward to the next meet to see the car in person...
Thanks a lot Premjit! It's been a while since a proper TeamBHP meet in Kolkata. Let's plan one soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
I really loved your unbiased opinion of the positives and the negatives of you car. I know how hard it is to accept the negatives of your loved baby. Great job there
Thanks Partha!
GhostRider28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:50   #33
BHPian
 
adi_sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 96
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Introducing Chameleon - My Renault Duster AWD

Hi, glad to read the ownership review and your travelog to Leh. I have been thinking of buying a duster AWD for a while now, how would you rate the ownership experience from getting the car serviced , cost and availability of parts etc. This is the only thing that keeps me worried, having burnt my figures with a skoda and extremely happy with the service aspect of SX4 I am in split minds.
adi_sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 20:01   #34
BHPian
 
DieselLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 358
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Introducing Chameleon - My Renault Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
It most definitely will! But I probably would not mind it much, I have already sacrificed a bit of the handling and high speed manoeuvrability with the Continental AT tyres. I guess now it is rather much more fun being able to go anywhere!

The suspension might be stiffer though, as Ironman website says body roll is well controlled; and I am more worried about sacrificing that super comfortable ride over bad roads!
How is the Continental AT performance in tarmac? I would like to know about road noise and breaking in wet conditions.
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 14:22   #35
BHPian
 
GhostRider28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 53
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Introducing Chameleon - My Renault Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
Hi, glad to read the ownership review and your travelog to Leh. I have been thinking of buying a duster AWD for a while now, how would you rate the ownership experience from getting the car serviced , cost and availability of parts etc.
I had owned a Swift VDI before, so I can probably give you a perspective: Price of the spares is not as low as Maruti, it is somewhere closer to Hyundai prices. (I had actially enquired about prices of common parts like air filter, oil filter, shock absorbers, lower arm, clutch plate assembly before I booked). Availability can definitely be an issue and it will never match the quick turn around times that Maruti or Hyundai can deliver. Also, note that many parts of the AWD are different from the 2WD 110 PS Duster, so it does not always help on that front either. Having said that, I have not yet faced availability issues for regular maintenance spare parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
How is the Continental AT performance in tarmac? I would like to know about road noise and breaking in wet conditions.
Wet grip on turmac is extremly average, borderlining on quite bad! In fact I often drive in AUTO mode on in slippery conditions to get better traction thanks to the ESP. And yes they do make a huge racket on the road if you are driving fast!
I do not regret fitting them given the excellent grip and the peace of mind they offer off the road. Sidewalls are really tough, and even after 15K kms I do not see any significant wear of the treads (even after Manali-Leh trip).

Last edited by GhostRider28 : 16th November 2015 at 14:24.
GhostRider28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 16:17   #36
BHPian
 
DieselLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 358
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Introducing Chameleon - My Renault Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
Wet grip on turmac is extremly average, borderlining on quite bad! In fact I often drive in AUTO mode on in slippery conditions to get better traction thanks to the ESP. And yes they do make a huge racket on the road if you are driving fast!
I do not regret fitting them given the excellent grip and the peace of mind they offer off the road. Sidewalls are really tough, and even after 15K kms I do not see any significant wear of the treads (even after Manali-Leh trip).
Thanks. I own a 85ps duster which is on stock MRF Wanderers. My usage pattern is 60% on good roads,35% on broken/potholed roads and some 5% through unpaved roads. The car will see lot of wet roads for around 6-7 months of the year. Wondering if AT tyres makes sense for the this type of usage.
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 16:22   #37
BHPian
 
GhostRider28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 53
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Introducing Chameleon - My Renault Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Thanks. I own a 85ps duster which is on stock MRF Wanderers. My usage pattern is 60% on good roads,35% on broken/potholed roads and some 5% through unpaved roads. The car will see lot of wet roads for around 6-7 months of the year. Wondering if AT tyres makes sense for the this type of usage.
I would have kept the stock Wanderers had I been in your position
GhostRider28 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 773 11th December 2017 07:43
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15) sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 307 15th October 2014 13:52
Renault Duster AWD - Quick test report nikhilmadgavkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 13th October 2014 10:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks