Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th October 2016, 15:10   #121
BHPian

Default Re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 30,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
..Could you clarify bouncy? Do you mean it is too soft or so stiff that it bounces about on not so good roads. If that is the case then couldn't it be stiffened a bit? I've been quite interested in the power to weight ratio it has but haven't driven it.
Hi Swarit19, Thanks. By bouncy I mean stiff. With only one or two people on board, even the slightest road bump/undulation is felt clearly while driving and it unsettles the ride. The ride gets better with 4 people on board. This stiff ride can be attributed to the Alto K10's low kerb weight, narrow tires and suspension setup. But when the road is completely flat there is nothing to complain. I think switching to wider tires is the easiest way to improve the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust89 View Post
...But you can give a shocker to the bigger cars on the road with its acceleration.
Rightly said. This power to weight is aided by the K10 engine's liner power delivery and free revving nature. This combination allows the engine to hit the redline in each gear without breaking a sweat and it helps in brisk acceleration and to attain impressive top speed which is appreciated by many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust89 View Post
Hi Torino. Thanks for your insight on the ARB. By the way, the bounciness is one annoying thing for me right from the time of test driving.
Thanks Wanderlust89, Even I wish the car had better ride and handling and I have not excessively driven any other car in this segment to compare and comment. I thoroughly enjoyed driving my K10 in in the ghats section in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote