Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th August 2015, 23:59   #46

Default Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!

Hi again! Just to update the thread. Blue Maruti is just under 3000km. Still a joy to drive as ever. Went for the 2000 km service , basically a quick check up, no oil change yet (until 5K).

No complaints about the car at all. Upon reflecting I guess the only wish I would have is for it to be a little lower. Are lowering kits available in India or are the illegal? I guess comfort would suffer. I just get bothered somewhat by those huge wheel wells which are not present in the japanese Swift (due to 16 in wheels and lower stance).

I have been also looking at navigation units, for which I see 4-5 options in Amazon (gps, bluetooth, reversing camera, etc) for arpund 350-500 USD. They all state that they are for Swift 2011-2014. So I wonder if 2014 JP Swift dimensions are compatible with 2015 Maruti Swift dimensions.

We completed our first trip outside the metro area with Blue Maruti, a 2 hour drive to Poas volcano and sorroundings , up the hills we went and the car response was fantastic! No shame here, those high revs work wonders and we were leaving behind all kinds of cars.

I am starting work on my first travelogue regarding this trip. I leave you some preview pictures, also showing how I fitted my mother in law's wheelchair and of one of our other volcanoes: the Arenal.

Wheel chair fits

Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!-20150808_135622.jpg

On the way to Poas Volcano
Name:  chalettirol.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  59.4 KB

Up the foot of Poas Volcano
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!-20150724_085832.jpg

Arenal Volcano
Name:  FB_IMG_1439251939881.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  35.0 KB
Attached Images

GarotoCR is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 14:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarotoCR View Post
Hi again! Just to update the thread. Blue Maruti is just under 3000km...
The thread has remained dormant for long. How has your driving and service experience been with the Swift so far? Yours is a unique ownership report, please keep it alive .
dailydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 01:55   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The thread has remained dormant for long. How has your driving and service experience been with the Swift so far? Yours is a unique ownership report, please keep it alive .
Hi! Yes, thread has been dormant for a while.

I am happy to report that our Garuti is doing great, going strong now with 25,000+ km and getting ready for his 2nd b day. I will prepare a post soon as I see I opened this thread in June 2015 so its almost 2 years!

Car is doing awesome, no rattles at all, feels as good as new, service has been predictable and no parts have failed. I still enjoy driving him as if it was the first day.

No complaints here so far. Car has only a couple of dings and a scratch caused by a parking attendant , he was moving a barrier and didn't notice the car was close. The bank owner of the parking space reimbursed us 400 USD for the repair.
GarotoCR is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote