Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 22:02   #226
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,555
Thanked: 10,390 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I suspect that may be because the reverse camera is not installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hey guys, pillainp is absolutely right.
The pictures are from the PDI tanveer and me did for the W8 refresh AWD cheetah I booked last week.
Apologies for not being clear, I didn't know it was the pictures from the PDI done by Tanveer_2558. I was in a mind set that it is his XUV 5OO which is W10 has got this software update. And the W10 does have reverse cam in it hence I posted.

Had I known it was a W8 variant that pictured here, would have understood. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st May 2016 at 22:18.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 22:38   #227
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BAngalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
It will integrate into the system, but you will not get the dynamic assist lines, and I am also unsure whether you will get the parallel and diagonal park assists.

All the above are in my opinion not really necessary. The dynamic guide though works pretty well. I have not tested the other two assists yet.
Hi,

Could this camera be fixed into the slot in the bezel as in W10 or would it have to be fixed in the bumper making a small hole ?? If it could be fixed in the slot as in W10, could you get the photos please ??
mjkaushal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 22:47   #228
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 303
Thanked: 131 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

I have no idea regarding the fitment on the W8, since I have a W10 which came with the camera. I am sorry I cannot help you with this.

One of the ownership threads has a discussion on the subject of fitting a camera to a W8, though.
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 22:55   #229
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi,

Could this camera be fixed into the slot in the bezel as in W10 or would it have to be fixed in the bumper making a small hole ?? If it could be fixed in the slot as in W10, could you get the photos please ??
You may get some idea from this old post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/109469-mahindra-xuv500-test-drive-review-137.html

Looks like camera will have to be drilled into the bumper as per the post there's no other way. It has been chosen as part of accessories prior delivery of my silver cheetah.
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:09   #230
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Apologies for not being clear, I didn't know it was the pictures from the PDI done by Tanveer_2558. I was in a mind set that it is his XUV 5OO which is W10 has got this software update. And the W10 does have reverse cam in it hence I posted.

Had I known it was a W8 variant that pictured here, would have understood. Thanks guys.
And my apologies for not being clear with my post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi,

Could this camera be fixed into the slot in the bezel as in W10 or would it have to be fixed in the bumper making a small hole ?? If it could be fixed in the slot as in W10, could you get the photos please ??
Fixed in the bumper.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:34   #231
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Since someone messaged me regarding PDI niggles pasting the reply here as well The niggles were quite minor depending on the way you look at it.
Here's a list of them
Issues in xuv w8 refresh awd at yard inspection -
Spare wheel no place for spanner to access
Boot door uneven from both sides at the rear
Beige glove box inside is loose/ hanging
Front left wiper side cladding
Under car insulation loose /hanging
Front bonnet fitting uneven from both sides
Both front seats slightly dirty
Note: ODO reading = 15 kms
Have conveyed same to the SA let's hope same is resolved prior delivery
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:01   #232
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Boot door uneven from both sides at the rear
Beige glove box inside is loose/ hanging
Front left wiper side cladding
Both front seats slightly dirty
Note: ODO reading = 15 kms
Have conveyed same to the SA let's hope same is resolved prior delivery
I too had these issues when i took the delivery of mine, It was all fixed promptly during the 5000 kms service though so no complains, Also not to forget my ODO reading at the time of delivery was 250 kms!!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:34   #233
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I too had these issues when i took the delivery of mine, It was all fixed promptly during the 5000 kms service though so no complains, Also not to forget my ODO reading at the time of delivery was 250 kms!!

Hii tanveer what were the problems with your cheetah. Hopefully I will not have to wait till the first service to get it rectified. Keeping that in mind visited the dealership Nbs and explained same to the delivery co-ordinator. Yeah I remember you telling me about the ODO.
How many kms recommended for running in the cheetah. What precautions / limits during this period basis speed / rpm.
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 00:11   #234
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii tanveer what were the problems with your cheetah. Hopefully I will not have to wait till the first service to get it rectified. Keeping that in mind visited the dealership Nbs and explained same to the delivery co-ordinator. Yeah I remember you telling me about the ODO.
How many kms recommended for running in the cheetah. What precautions / limits during this period basis speed / rpm.
Owning the previous XUV i was ready for the niggles so when i was faced with a few i was in no hurry to get them rectified, Specially the gap in the boot.

I had drove the car really carefully till the first service thats at 5000 kms, But i feel the first 1000 - 2000 kms are really crucial so be sure not to rev the car to hard or press the accelerator completely, Take it easy, Shift at the earliest (Without lugging the engine) Keep increasing the speed as your ODO is ticking, A short burst once a while is okay too.

And remember, Its not just a run in period for your car, Its for everything, Tyres, Brake's, Suspension etc.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 22:22   #235
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Owning the previous XUV i was ready for the niggles so when i was faced with a few i was in no hurry to get them rectified, Specially the gap in the boot.

I had drove the car really carefully till the first service thats at 5000 kms, But i feel the first 1000 - 2000 kms are really crucial so be sure not to rev the car to hard or press the accelerator completely, Take it easy, Shift at the earliest (Without lugging the engine) Keep increasing the speed as your ODO is ticking, A short burst once a while is okay too.

And remember, Its not just a run in period for your car, Its for everything, Tyres, Brake's, Suspension etc.
That makes total sense. Just wondering how anyone would be able to control all that power of the beast for so long. Does it mean that long / highway drives are ruled out till the 5K mark and what about any plans to go off road with the AWD.
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 23:47   #236
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
That makes total sense. Just wondering how anyone would be able to control all that power of the beast for so long. Does it mean that long / highway drives are ruled out till the 5K mark and what about any plans to go off road with the AWD.
Yeah its very difficult to control! The toughest time i had was while running in the jetta, But its well worth it, Long/ highway drives are fine, Just keeping the speed under check, Rest our highway situations make sure we are not constantly cruising at a set speed.

AWD fun is definitely on the cards, Soon...
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 00:10   #237
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yeah its very difficult to control! The toughest time i had was while running in the jetta, But its well worth it, Long/ highway drives are fine, Just keeping the speed under check, Rest our highway situations make sure we are not constantly cruising at a set speed.



AWD fun is definitely on the cards, Soon...

Yup you bet it will be all worth it in the end. What are the speed limit / rpm restrictions that should be followed for the first 5k kms.
Looking forward to that awd fun!
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 13:11   #238
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Yup you bet it will be all worth it in the end. What are the speed limit / rpm restrictions that should be followed for the first 5k kms.
Looking forward to that awd fun!
Personally i had kept it under 2.5k rpm mark, And speed under 100 kph, With a few short bursts occasionally.

With the monsoon coming up, I can imagine some mud and slush splashing.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 14:41   #239
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Personally i had kept it under 2.5k rpm mark, And speed under 100 kph, With a few short bursts occasionally.

With the monsoon coming up, I can imagine some mud and slush splashing.
OK cool well understood and will endeavor to keep similar limits on initial driving during running in.
Waiting to get going in our respective awd cheetah's and enjoy some of that mud and slush splashing.
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 19:16   #240
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 303
Thanked: 131 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

In my case the horrendous local traffic ensures that I am more concerned with somehow getting above 40kph than staying below the magical figure of 100kph before my 5K.

I am up to nearly 3200KM in just over one month of onwnership and I must say I am having a great time of it so far.

The local traffic situation means I am always accelerating and decelerating, so that the engine gets a good workout through most of the rev band during my 40km daily commute (one way).
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ownership Tales - The Orange Cheetah! 2015 Mahindra XUV500 W10 FWD abirnale Long-Term Ownership Reviews 423 16th January 2017 08:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks