Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th January 2016, 12:44   #166
BHPian

Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

I would second the handling part on bad roads...have a one month old W10 which is standing at 2600 kms across some really nasty roads. Happy to note no squeaking, rattles, loose nuts or bolts till now...really a pleasant surprise as after the last trip to aurangabad and our adventures on some bypass road near Nasik i expected a visit to the service center, but the Mahindra is fast earning my respect.
nairanupg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 23:58   #167
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Hopefully you do not have to make use of the spare at an inconvenient time, and realize it's low on air pressure. I would suggest you check it atleast once in 6 months or so, and keep it overinflated in comparison to the other tyres.
Yes, I have filled the spare tyre with nitrogen at 36 PSI this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi Tanveer_2558,
Do you not rotate all 5 tyres? This way you will use all 5 tyres evenly and they will wear more or less evenly. Afterall, we pay for all 5 tyres and we must use them all.

Even if the spare tyre is not used much, we have to replace it after 5-6 years anyway. So better to use it.
Exactly what abirnale said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
I would second the handling part on bad roads...have a one month old W10 which is standing at 2600 kms across some really nasty roads. Happy to note no squeaking, rattles, loose nuts or bolts till now...really a pleasant surprise as after the last trip to aurangabad and our adventures on some bypass road near Nasik i expected a visit to the service center, but the Mahindra is fast earning my respect.
Seriously, Specially coming from the old XUV, The suspension difference is great! Only issue cameup today is a slow puncture in one of the rear tyre, Apart from that the beast took the jungle very well.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2016, 09:43   #168
BHPian

I know what you are talking about Tanveer...i had let go of my Fiesta petrol and got the XUV with some trepidation. But the buying experience to the actual delivery as well as the trucks handling and performance has been satisfactory. Its my daily drive to work from Navi Mumbai to Andheri and it eats away traffic easy. The only complain is about the so called relationship manager who has not even called me once even to introduce himself, but maybe i am expecting too much.
Old 8th January 2016, 22:48   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know what you are talking about Tanveer...i had let go of my Fiesta petrol and got the XUV with some trepidation. But the buying experience to the actual delivery as well as the trucks handling and performance has been satisfactory. Its my daily drive to work from Navi Mumbai to Andheri and it eats away traffic easy. The only complain is about the so called relationship manager who has not even called me once even to introduce himself, but maybe i am expecting too much.
Indeed driving the XUV is very car like in the city.
I had even got a call infact from my relationship manager, He assured me for the best service and asked me to save his number at any point if any problem arises! Pretty good actually, Surely gives the customer a much needed peace of mind.
Old 9th January 2016, 11:38   #170
BHPian

Had my first brush with maintenance for the XUV500. last night a truck driver decided to cut lanes suddenly in bumper to bumper traffic and ripped my Passenger side rear view mirror clean off.
The thing cost Rs. 8000/- apparently and they would take 4-5 days to order and fit
Old 9th January 2016, 23:24   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had my first brush with maintenance for the XUV500. last night a truck driver decided to cut lanes suddenly in bumper to bumper traffic and ripped my Passenger side rear view mirror clean off.

The thing cost Rs. 8000/- apparently and they would take 4-5 days to order and fit

Damm, Thats bad. Yes the cost is 8000 rs, I had to also replace the total mirror even though only the mirror cap was damaged in my earlier xuv, But since only the mirror cover doesn't come separately i had to purchase the total mirror.
Old 10th January 2016, 06:29   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any cost difference between W10 ORVM vs W8/W6? W10 also has this logo projection lamp integrated on ORVM, so is it costlier than other models?
Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 10:30   #173
Senior - BHPian

For broken ORVM covers the alternate solution would be to fit the chrome covers on top of the existing broken ones. Obviously you should not mind overdose of chrome but it sure saves 8K+ on the unnecessary repair. You can club all such running repairs around third year and claim through insurance
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 10:47   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Is there any cost difference between W10 ORVM vs W8/W6? W10 also has this logo projection lamp integrated on ORVM, so is it costlier than other models?

I am unsure about the cost difference, But since W10 comes with the logo projection it might be a tad more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
For broken ORVM covers the alternate solution would be to fit the chrome covers on top of the existing broken ones. Obviously you should not mind overdose of chrome but it sure saves 8K+ on the unnecessary repair. You can club all such running repairs around third year and claim through insurance

Unfortunately even if the mirror cover is damaged a little the chrome won't stick over it properly, The chrome cover needs the ovrm cover to be 100% fine to be fixed on, Had tried everything before i replaced the Ovrm in my previous Xuv.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 11:47   #175
BHPian

Checked out all permutations and combinations mentioned...Apparently the only solution is to refit the entire assembly due to the projection light thing which is a nonsensical addition me thinks.
Its distressing for the cleaner nevertheless who every morning unfailingly stands near the car and begs me to replace the thing. Saab nayi gadi me hume acha nahi lag raha tuta aina, marammad karva lo aaj

but apparently it aint readily available at infinity motors, any help on that front would be appreciated.
Old 13th January 2016, 00:53   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked out all permutations and combinations mentioned...Apparently the only solution is to refit the entire assembly due to the projection light thing which is a nonsensical addition me thinks.
Its distressing for the cleaner nevertheless who every morning unfailingly stands near the car and begs me to replace the thing. Saab nayi gadi me hume acha nahi lag raha tuta aina, marammad karva lo aaj

but apparently it aint readily available at infinity motors, any help on that front would be appreciated.
Yes you would have to replace the whole mirror, There Isn't a way around, I can understand your cleaners feeling, I had gone through the same when my almost new xuv's ovrm was hit by a reckless Tata sumo driver when my car was stationery! But then it was just about paying the 8k and forgetting about it, And getting to see a spotless car everytime your about to drive is well worth it.
Old 14th January 2016, 18:58   #177
Senior - BHPian

Default My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 10000 kms update

The car is now 7 months old, ODO Standing at 17100 kms here are some very nifty and useful things i have noticed in the car till now.

1. Auto Zoom In - Out in the navigation is really useful during the highway drives. (Gives an overview of road coming up)
2. Lowering the brightness of the total interior lights + Lounge lighting + Touchscreen system via the switch next to the fuel cap button is very useful during the night highway drives, Helps in reducing strain on the eyes.
3. Sunroof's anti pinch function is not very sensitive, A kid can easily get hurt by the time the sunroof pulls itself back.
4. There is no need to reset the TPMS error manually (There is no button as well), Just fill in the air and the error goes away automatically.
5. Video Quality of the infotainment system is very good.
6. Switching on the lounge lighting when there is complete darkness, Just gives you the WOW factor.
7. Adjustable Seat belt height is very convenient.
8. While the navigation is on, It will also show the nearest fuel pump always with distance in kms at the top right side of the screen, Very useful.
9. Navigation also shows a speed warning on the screen with the MAX speed allowed on the current road after you have crossed the legal speed, For instance if the speed limit is 60 kph and i have crossed it, A red symbol with 60KPH will appear on the top left side of the infotainment screen.

10. "Please wear your seat belt for a safe drive", Everytime the car starts moving, Is very annoying!
11. Though i love it when the car reminds the driver when the fuel is low by saying," Your XUV 5 double Oh is running on reserve fuel".
12. Interior buttons when selected lit up in yellowish color, Which is impossible to see during the day! So basically its impossible to see which button is activated during the day (AC, Rear AC, Start stop etc)
13. Blue light on the instrument cluster is again not very visible during the day time under direct sunlight, I had a tough time reading the ODO, Trip, And the fuel guage. (Old Gen XUV with red illumination was great)

Thats about it, Next update before the 20k Servicing, Which should mostly happen by the first week of feb.

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2016 at 07:07. Reason: Formatted spaces
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 17:02   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Just a small little update, ODO stands near 13000 Kms.
Hey Tanveer, can you get hold of a tube of Displex?

I just noticed fine but many scratches on the speedo unit (plastic part). Get this tube and polish for the scratches to go and have a clearer vision.

EDIT: Here's the link to get hold of one:

Displex - Scratch Remover

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th January 2016 at 17:04.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 21:20   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey Tanveer, can you get hold of a tube of Displex?

I just noticed fine but many scratches on the speedo unit (plastic part). Get this tube and polish for the scratches to go and have a clearer vision.

EDIT: Here's the link to get hold of one:

Displex - Scratch Remover

Hello! I have just ordered it, Even though i think my speedo unit is pretty scratch free but still worth a shot, Visibility during the day time specially on the highways is very poor from the speedo unit.

I'll also try and click some closeup pictures on the unit.

Thanks!!
Old 29th January 2016, 00:34   #180
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures i took couple of days back, Sure did enjoy the cheetah.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160129-12.22.11-am.png

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160129-12.23.50-am.png

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160129-12.25.46-am.png

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160129-12.26.54-am.png

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160129-12.27.52-am.png
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote