Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2016, 18:33   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,852 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
But why wait till 07/03/2016. You could drop in the car at G3 motors - Malad.
A little out of the way for you, agreed !- but the problem is sure to be solved much earlier. Any specific reason? any bad experience with them?

A little worrisome to hear about suspension issue so early into the ownership , but i hope it wont be anything major.
I can, But the thing is the service advisor at the Reay road workshop is a good friend of mine now who takes care of the car well and listens to every single complain i give, Plus since my previous XUV my car has been going there, (They have all the service details of my previous car too) I usually get a very good response.

Should be related to rubber bushing i think, lets see.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 19:27   #197
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,190
Thanked: 12,732 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

I can, But the thing is the service advisor at the Reay road workshop is a good friend of mine now who takes care of the car well and listens to every single complain i give
Hey Tanveer,

After reading this post of yours, all I felt is wish all SA irrespective of the manufacturer and irrespective of the car the customers owns, this is how they should be performing. Ownership experience with such SA's in the ASC will be wonderful and pleasant.

All I wish is, my SA too should to be like this when I jump to Mahindra soon.

So for all the problems that you are facing, this is the SA that you should be contacting rather than going elsewhere. May be off your way but that small extra distance would nullify.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 22:28   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,852 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey Tanveer,

After reading this post of yours, all I felt is wish all SA irrespective of the manufacturer and irrespective of the car the customers owns, this is how they should be performing. Ownership experience with such SA's in the ASC will be wonderful and pleasant.

All I wish is, my SA too should to be like this when I jump to Mahindra soon.

So for all the problems that you are facing, this is the SA that you should be contacting rather than going elsewhere. May be off your way but that small extra distance would nullify.
Hello, Sorry for a delayed reply.

Seriously, But unfortunately most of the SA i have dealt with had only one thing in mind, To get the work done ASAP and send the car back, Well the ASAP part is good, But while, "ASAP' Some of the work is always left out. And hence its been a couple of years i have kept one SA at the Mahindra service center and one SA at VW service center, All i do is give an envelop later, And trust me that small envelop is worth it!

Just Got my second service done for my Jetta and it was an amazing experience.

But i do wish, Such enveloped experience should be there by default, But well it least's gets the job done properly.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 15:50   #199
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,852 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Finally the 20k Servicing was done today, It took them an hour and half day for it, Most of the time was consumed in fixing the rattling noises and getting the alignment of the car right, Total bill came to be at just 6100 Rs, Out of which again AC disinfection was 650 Rs

Never mind, My bad i forgot to ask them not to do that, But my SA also did not tell me about it before charging for it.

The car drives and smells like new, It was cleaned very well and i am pleased with the work done.

Couple of pictures which i took when the car was dropped.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_9401.jpg
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_9399.jpg
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160308-3.46.43-pm.png

The suspension issue mentioned above was directly related to high tyre pressure! For some reason my trusted petrol pump has got something wrong going with their air pressure machine, The tyre pressure was at 36- 37 PSI when the car reached the service centre, They asked me to maintain 30 PSI at rear and 32 PSI at the front for the best ride.

All in all, Car is driving like new, Happy with the beast.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 11:14   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,169
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The suspension issue mentioned above was directly related to high tyre pressure!
Great updates Tanveer. My car is still far away from 20K service (2.5K Kms away)! I too have observed this suspension behaviour. Every time the air pressure goes little off chart, you notice the change in ride comfort. Confused as to why they have TPMS fitted when the suspension can give such a good feedback on tyre pressure changes

As a owner we are happy with the cars and at least I have not faced any trouble but things like this is what M&M still need to put their act together and work. The declining numbers on sales chart of M&M XUV numbers shoud not be taken lightly by them!

Many more (s)miles on yourXUV Tanveer.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 00:31   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,852 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Great updates Tanveer. My car is still far away from 20K service (2.5K Kms away)! I too have observed this suspension behaviour. Every time the air pressure goes little off chart, you notice the change in ride comfort. Confused as to why they have TPMS fitted when the suspension can give such a good feedback on tyre pressure changes

As a owner we are happy with the cars and at least I have not faced any trouble but things like this is what M&M still need to put their act together and work. The declining numbers on sales chart of M&M XUV numbers shoud not be taken lightly by them!

Many more (s)miles on yourXUV Tanveer.

Thanks bro! I wasn't literally using the car for like 2 weeks since i did not want to cross 20k kms and my servicing date wasn't nearby. Seriously, A little air pressure here and there and you can feel the difference instantly, Though the ride currently at 30 PSI rear and 32 PSI at the front is very well, Indeed a bit better than 32PSI all round which i was using since day one.

I am glad M&M listened to their customers complains regarding the first generation XUV and rectified most of it
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 13:16   #202
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Hello Guys

Firstly many congratulations to you Tanveer for such a fantastic and detailed review.

We are planning to buy the New Xuv500 W10 FWD and for the purpose I have gone through your review number of times. Your insight & experience with W10 have been of great help to make a decision. If we do go ahead with the booking it will be in a day or two. I will keep you guys updated about the purchase.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th March 2016 at 15:05. Reason: gr8 > great. Please avoid SMS lingo while posting on the forum. Thanks!
Master Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 13:42   #203
BHPian
 
Zahoor23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 113
Thanked: 330 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Hello Tanveer,
Hope you and your beast are doing great. I have completed 23500 Kms in my new age XUV that included a trip to Ladakh. Could you please throw some light on the "role" of AC Disinfectant treatment that you got it in your 20K service? Since couple of weeks, As soon as i start the AC i can smell some weird odour for like 5 seconds and then it disappears.
Zahoor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 15:50   #204
BHPian
 
madhu33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 335
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Hello Tanveer,
As soon as i start the AC i can smell some weird odour for like 5 seconds and then it disappears.
Ditto for me too, in my 4 month Xuv.
madhu33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 16:28   #205
BHPian
 
Zahoor23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 113
Thanked: 330 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Ditto for me too, in my 4 month Xuv.
Hi Madhu, Interestingly i came across these threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...infectant.html (Scam alert : A/C Disinfectant)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-hvac-13.html (Foul Smell from Blower / Fan / HVAC)
Zahoor23 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 17:28   #206
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,852 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
Hello Guys

Firstly many congratulations to you Tanveer for such a fantastic and detailed review.

We are planning to buy the New Xuv500 W10 FWD and for the purpose I have gone through your review number of times. Your insight & experience with W10 have been of great help to make a decision. If we do go ahead with the booking it will be in a day or two. I will keep you guys updated about the purchase.
Hello, Thanks, I am glad you found my review helpful in making a decision for yourself. Do keep us posted and some pictures too when you get your beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Hello Tanveer,
Hope you and your beast are doing great. I have completed 23500 Kms in my new age XUV that included a trip to Ladakh. Could you please throw some light on the "role" of AC Disinfectant treatment that you got it in your 20K service? Since couple of weeks, As soon as i start the AC i can smell some weird odour for like 5 seconds and then it disappears.
Hello! Thats some good running there also a trip to Ladakh is on my hit list since a couple of months, Anyways, AC disinfectant treatment i feel is just a scam, I was charged for it since i did not ask them to not do it, And they did not ask me before charging for it, It happens with me too, Occasionally though, Also while crossing factory areas, The AC sucks in bad smell to which i have to sometimes open the windows and fasten the blower speed to let the air just go away! I have not been successful in finding a proper solution for this, I keep my car in Recirculation mode always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Ditto for me too, in my 4 month Xuv.
Time for you to change your DP perhaps?
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 17:39   #207
BHPian
 
madhu33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 335
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Time for you to change your DP perhaps?
:
For that we need to meet.
I am very bad at taking pictures. I need to have some nice pic of my cheetah which can be used for the DP. Currently the only pics i have of the cheetah are the pics taken by Showroom guys at the time of the delivery.
So basically the plan is - using your photography skills to get a nice click of cheetah and then use it as my profile pic.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 17:44   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,852 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
:
For that we need to meet.
I am very bad at taking pictures. I need to have some nice pic of my cheetah which can be used for the DP. Currently the only pics i have of the cheetah are the pics taken by Showroom guys at the time of the delivery.
So basically the plan is - using your photography skills to get a nice click of cheetah and then use it as my profile pic.
Yes indeed, Lets do it by the first week of april! I have a couple of very good locations where we can click some very good pictures! Will do it soon then. Also my photography skill is mostly taken care of the iphone camera
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2016, 19:27   #209
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,852 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

ODO Around 23000 kms, And the car is around 9 months old now, No issues with the car except from the usual rattling noises from the cabin, Planning a 3000 kms trip soon, Still love the amount of stuff the car offers at this price point.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2016, 10:03   #210
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 330
Thanked: 210 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Hii Tanveer good to see the cheetah looking fab after the 20K service.
Will be going to the showroom today for the XUV test drive to renew the fading driving experience and will book in a day or two after consultation with experts like yourself.
The AWD part is confirmed need to choose between W8 AWD A/T or
W10 AWD Manual.
The other dilemma is between the sunset orange and opulent purple. Any comments ?
Have posted on similar lines on abirnale's thread because I need some quick feedback from you experts and its your threads I've been keenly following.
Since you have owned two cheetah's back to back thought you were the best person to ask about please suggesting best dealer services between G3, Infinity and NBS. Looking forward to hearing from you and others following the thread.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ownership tales of the Orange Cheetah - 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD, 60000 km up abirnale Long-Term Ownership Reviews 478 8th August 2017 00:50
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true simonkayar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 14th May 2017 02:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks