Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th May 2016, 19:54   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Thanks a lot guys for posting such valuable informations, Helped me and will surely help a lot others reading it, My insurance is expiring on 10th June and as per Future generali there are some taxes revision from 1st june which would increase the price by 1000 to 2000 rs, I am not sure how try it is, But have decided to start taking quotes from 1st june onwards only, Will post the final quote that ill purchase.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 07:59   #257

Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Hi Tanveer and other XUV owners,
My XUV W10 AWD is nearing 1500 kms. Past few days, I'm getting some squeaking sounds while moving from stationary until about 10kmph. The occurrence is intermittent and sometimes very audible during stop & go traffic. Have you observed this? Any reasons you could attribute this to?
arenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 12:33   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenair View Post
Hi Tanveer and other XUV owners,
My XUV W10 AWD is nearing 1500 kms. Past few days, I'm getting some squeaking sounds while moving from stationary until about 10kmph. The occurrence is intermittent and sometimes very audible during stop & go traffic. Have you observed this? Any reasons you could attribute this to?
Squeaking sounds from the brakes ? Where exactly is the sound coming from?
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 12:58   #259

Yes. It's from the rear and sounds like it's from the brakes. Ive been observing this while driving and could never confirm whether it's from the brakes.
Old 29th May 2016, 14:35   #260
BHPian

Probably some small stone caught between the disc and calipers.

It's happened to me many times.
pillainp is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 15:25   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It's from the rear and sounds like it's from the brakes. Ive been observing this while driving and could never confirm whether it's from the brakes.
Try to pay attention if the sound comes if you are on a incline or decline while applying brakes lightly, If so its normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

Yeah might be, Happens with me too.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 08:56   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

Ok. Really appreciate. Hope a DIY will clear it off or would you suggest a visit to the workshop?
Old 30th May 2016, 12:42   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Really appreciate. Hope a DIY will clear it off or would you suggest a visit to the workshop?
If your experiencing the same everyday, I suggest you to drop down to the service centre and just get it checked, They will probably clean the brakes and see if you can hear the squeaking sounds again, It doesn't happen with me while moving on a straight road, Happens if i apply brakes very lightly on incline or decline which is normal.
Old 26th June 2016, 23:12   #264
Senior - BHPian

A Small Bhpian meet that happened today, A sunday morning, And boy it was great!

Following people were there,

1. SDP - Red XUV 500
2. Madhu - White XUV 500
3. vinitbhavi - Silver XUV 500
4. tanveer_2558 - Sunset orange XUV 500.

The weather specially during the meet was amazing to say the least which just added a special feel to the meet, Not for a second i think none of us felt we were meeting for the first time, The veteran SDP gave an All okay as well to all our rides after driving them.

Some pictures, Anyone planning to buy a XUV 500 soon can checkout the different colours and decide according to their taste.
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_3345.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_3403.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_3409.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_3381.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_3371.jpg

Name:  IMG_3522.JPG
Views: 2008
Size:  111.7 KB

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_3372.jpg

That bull..bar...Haha, Was fun teasing madhu.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_3390.jpg
Starting from the left - Madhu - SDP - Vinitbhavi - Tanveer_2558

We Mumbaikars are planning more such meet's and drives together.

And again was great meeting you guys, The drive with you guys + Tarmac from Reclamation - Sea link - Marine lines + The weather = Epicness.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th June 2016 at 08:17. Reason: Make / model specific meets are not permitted on Team-BHP.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 09:19   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
A Small Bhpian meet that happened today, A sunday morning, And boy it was great!
Hey Tanveer, that's amazing! I would definitely like to join the next time around! Please let me know when and where.
krishnamarathe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 11:08   #266
BHPian

Hey Tanveer your post perfectly sums up the experience of our meeting. It was my first ever TeamBHP meet and I couldn't be happier that it was with you guys. Sharing thoughts, experiences and faults of all the cheetahs was a wonderful experience and driving around Mumbai in a convoy of four cheetahs was fun!
For the prospective buyers, to view the xuv's in so many colors will give them a good idea about choice of color as rightly put forth by you. All fellow mumbai/ pune xuv owners are welcome to join in! Waiting to catch up again soon!
Cheers!
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 12:43   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If your interested in the meet's too, Drop in a mail at torcmumbai@outlook.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnamarathe View Post
Hey Tanveer, that's amazing! I would definitely like to join the next time around! Please let me know when and where.
Please drop in your details with cell phone number at torcmumbai@outlook.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hey Tanveer your post perfectly sums up the experience of our meeting.

Quote:
Sharing thoughts, experiences and faults of all the cheetahs was a wonderful experience and driving around Mumbai in a convoy of four cheetahs was fun!
Indeed driving in a convoy is fun!
Old 9th July 2016, 19:34   #268
Senior - BHPian

Its monsoon, Had a a few hours in hand to go explore some places, Eagerly wanted to try the AWD system, And well i did get to try a bit of it, Found several places with really slippery surface, Grass and mud specially, Felt the AWD system working, I cannot actually describe how it felt when power was sent to rear wheels too but yes i can say the difference was very much there, You need to "feel" it. I din't intend to go all guns blazing since i was alone + a special one next to me (who did most of the photography) Thanks to her! Probably a convoy of car's gives an added sense of security that we have backup incase anything goes wrong. Just wanted to tinkle around a bit to see how the car behaves. In how much ever slush and grass i drove the car, I didn't feel the need to switch off the ESP or the engage the AWD lock, The car did all of it very effortlessly! I agree all of what i did wasn't really anywhere close to proper off-roading, But i believe to walk first before running. Loved every bit driving the XUV today, Amazing weather + Empty roads + Places explored = Worth the time spent, Also kept the sunroof open all the time today, It still operates smoothly!

Some pictures,

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160709-7.31.23-pm.png

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_4067-1.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_4075.jpg

Swapped from LTD sticker to these.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_4083.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_4116.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_4132.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_4126.jpg

24 year old child spotted.

Tried to capture the rear wheels in action, Not a very good video but still posting it anyways, Will do a better one next time at a better place.

Hopefully next update with some proper off-roading, Till then keep revving.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2016, 11:39   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

24 year old child spotted.
Dear Tanveer_2558,

Nice pictures. I am jealous. Since they have launched this model with the AT it is in my list.
I liked the video too.
Just a suggestion: maybe you can add some indicator/text at the location where you saw the 'slip'. I had to see it two times before (I think) I spotted it! Alternate suggestion: for the next trial you could drive slower. Ha Ha Ha Ha.....

Off topic: you definitely don't look 'senior' even though you are a senior BHPian!
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2016, 21:57   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Tanveer_2558,

Nice pictures. I am jealous. Since they have launched this model with the AT it is in my list.

I liked the video too.

Just a suggestion: maybe you can add some indicator/text at the location where you saw the 'slip'. I had to see it two times before (I think) I spotted it! Alternate suggestion: for the next trial you could drive slower. Ha Ha Ha Ha.....

Off topic: you definitely don't look 'senior' even though you are a senior BHPian!

Dear GM Mahajan, Thank you for the kind words and suggestions, Will surely try and capture a better video next time around by surely driving a bit slow infact starting from the mud directly!!