Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 13:34   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 1,941 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
Congratulations Tanveer. Great review and great comparison.

Having owned a Jetta 2013, I can easily relate to what you are stating. It's a Tank!

Sorry if I missed reading it; what's the cost of heads up display and where did you get it from?

Happy motoring

Cheers,
Hello, Thank you. The cost of HUD was around 3500 Inr, And its available at the Mahindra service centre itself, I had bought it while selecting accessories for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Hi Tanveer, thanks for the update.

Ya, I am sure the SA would not be having any answer to this but at least he acknowledged the fact of feeling the same

Meanwhile, I went to the workshop for some issue and when I was returning from the workshop , one mechanic was asked to take my car out of the workshop and I was sitting with him and asked about this jerk, he told me that it happens in AWD and by changing gear oil it will be fine and nothing to worry

However , I did not buy his point but will analyse this in my first service by getting AWD oil change.

The point which is strange is that it is not discussed in any forum.
That's weird, If oil change should have made that "Feel" disappear, Then i shouldn't have been facing it now after the first service, Will probably shoot a mail regarding this to Mahindra.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 22:01   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 1,941 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Pre 10000 Kms service update.

Did several highway trips, longest one being 2100 kms in 4 days. Have to say i am impressed with the New XUV! Will list some positive and negatives of the car till now.

Positives
1. Suspension is holding on very well, Still behaves the same way it did on day one.
2. Engine has become even more smoother now.
3. 6th gear is a boon on the highway, after you cross 60Kph its like your driving an automatic car.
4. Brakes still have the same bite as it did on day one.
5. Highway manners have improved over the last gen XUV.
6. Sunroof's operation is still smooth, Just like it was day one.


Negatives
1. Recently when i crossed 9000 Kms, A kind of a knocking/ Clicking sound has started from the engine bay, Which is very audible from the outside, Its obvious there is something wrong.
2. Infotainment system has a few bugs which are very annoying, For instance touch screen won't work at times unless you restart the car, Or Volume of the music increases or decreases on its own etc.
3. Rattling noises from both the front door's have started.
4. Lounge lighting flashes randomly, Can be very distracting during late night highway drives.

Mechanically the car is going strong, Apart from the knocking sound that has started recently, The car even after taking good amount of abuse still behaves the same way it did on day one!

Attaching a picture of the beast while gulping up fuel, She has a big tummy for sure, And well a good thing.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-thumb_img_4256_1024.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 12:44   #123
KAN
BHPian
 
KAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 29
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Did several highway trips, longest one being 2100 kms in 4 days.

Attachment 1431800
Thanks for sharing the update!!

I have not yet done so many miles but hope to do that during winter holidays. Any tips on things to carry for long trips (if one is planning for mountain drive)?

My XUV just completed around 2K! Overall doing great, really happy! Excellent handling, control and driving pleasure!

Just a minor issue with sunroof! When I open the sun roof it open with a loud thug!! This is comparatively louder than other vehicles. This was even there on day one!
I checked with ASC guys, initially they thought it was a greasing issue but then they said it looks like a motor issue. They said they have recorded the issue and sent to Mahindra but need to open the entire system and investigate.
Since it is not a show stopper I did not go for any further investigation at this time. The sunroof is working fine just a loud thud and do not want the ASC train on my car.

Other minor occasional issue is the foul smell from outside but I figured if you open and then close the vents this problem gets solved. So no problems here as well.
KAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2015, 11:46   #124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 337 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Attaching a picture of the beast while gulping up fuel, She has a big tummy for sure, And well a good thing.

Attachment 1431800
Whats the mileage you are getting now tanveer ? in city and highway ?
mentalmaxout is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2015, 23:49   #125
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 1,941 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
Thanks for sharing the update!!

I have not yet done so many miles but hope to do that during winter holidays. Any tips on things to carry for long trips (if one is planning for mountain drive)?

My XUV just completed around 2K! Overall doing great, really happy! Excellent handling, control and driving pleasure!

Just a minor issue with sunroof! When I open the sun roof it open with a loud thug!! This is comparatively louder than other vehicles. This was even there on day one!
I checked with ASC guys, initially they thought it was a greasing issue but then they said it looks like a motor issue. They said they have recorded the issue and sent to Mahindra but need to open the entire system and investigate.
Since it is not a show stopper I did not go for any further investigation at this time. The sunroof is working fine just a loud thud and do not want the ASC train on my car.

Other minor occasional issue is the foul smell from outside but I figured if you open and then close the vents this problem gets solved. So no problems here as well.
Hello, I would always prefer to carry the following things if i was planning for a long mountain drive or even a long road trip.

1. Some extra diesal
2. A few extra bottle of water
3. High quality rope
4. A Powerful torch
5. fire extinguisher
6. Some refreshments (Soft drinks etc)

These are the few things i can remember as for now, You can always add or minus the things also according to the space available in the car.
Do get the sunroof issue checked soon, Doesn't seem to be a big problem as faar as its operating how it should, About the foul air i too face it everytime i am crossing an industrial area, the AC seems to suck in the air for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Whats the mileage you are getting now tanveer ? in city and highway ?
Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention about the mileage, Have been getting a pretty okay 13-14 Kpl on the highways and not more than 9 - 10 in the city, Though i have only tested these figures a few times. Will check it properly after the 10k Servicing.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:13   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 1,941 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

A small yet significant update, The knocking/ Clicking sound has suddenly disappeared, Started the car yesterday morning and the car was sounding really silent, thought the sound would come back once the car is driven a bit, But its been almost 150 kms after that, There is absolutely no sound!

And just a couple of days back the sound was very loud, I am curious to know how is this possible, Have decided to wait till 10000 Kms exactly just to see if the sound comes back again, And will then give the car for the 2nd service.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:46   #127
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,337
Thanked: 4,543 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
Any tips on things to carry for long trips (if one is planning for mountain drive)?
Here you go...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...road-trip.html (ARTICLE: Preparation for an Indian Road Trip)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ong-drive.html (A Guide on Essentials of a Long Drive)
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:12   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 1,991 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
A small yet significant update, The knocking/ Clicking sound has suddenly disappeared!
Great to hear. Seems like you have a self-healing car, just like humans
Someone said this - you take care of your car, it will take care of yours and now of it's own too!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 21:41   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 1,941 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Great to hear. Seems like you have a self-healing car, just like humans
Someone said this - you take care of your car, it will take care of yours and now of it's own too!
Yea, Its good to know the sound is gone, But i am curious what might be the reason the sound, It was very loud for quite sometime, And now when its not there i cant even describe to the Mahindra after sales to what exactly the sound was

I hope it doesn't come back.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 18:44   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 1,941 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

10000 Kms Service update,

Service bill 1050rs !

Here's a picture of the bill.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-thumb_img_4822_1024.jpg

The car had to be delivered within a day, Since after that the 2-3 days were off due to diwali and i have to leave for an outstation trip in a while.

Had given the car mainly for the 10k Servicing apart from that had mentioned the following things,
1. Knocking sound from the engine bay (Solved)
2. Rattling noise from the cabin (Partly solved)
3. Lounge light flickering (Still present)
4. Gear knob vibrations in 4th and 6th gear (Yet to check if rectified)
5. Infotainment system hangs ( Did not happen since i have got the car back)

Work done on the car,
1. 10k Servicing
2. Car cleaning
3. ECU software update

I had asked them to change the engine oil but well the SA was not interested to do so, The car was again sent to the reay road workshop only since only they had a free slot for a pickup and drop

Will rate the service experience a 7 on 10, Was happy to get the car back in a day but have to live with a few niggles till the 3rd servicing.

All in all the car is shinning and driving like as good as new, Just after writing this, The New age cheetah will be en route to cover 2500 to 3000 kms of distance.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 10:08   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 1,991 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
10000 Kms Service update,
...
I had asked them to change the engine oil but well the SA was not interested to do so.
Great to hear your car doing so well.

It is little absurd to see SA not following your instructions. Asking them to do an oil change every 10K Kms is my plan too but the way these guys push for all rubbish things like engine coat and what not, I did not expect NO for engine oil change. Maybe they just wanted to do more cars per day to get that free service coupon redeemed from M&M!

Once you miss the 10K periodicity of changing the engine oil, it becomes little difficult to track again when the next oil change should happen or you have to simply resort to their default schedule. If you can get the oil changed even now, i think you should do it and simply resume that 10K periodicity at 20K onwards.

Last edited by abirnale : 12th November 2015 at 10:10.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 15:31   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 1,941 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Great to hear your car doing so well.

It is little absurd to see SA not following your instructions. Asking them to do an oil change every 10K Kms is my plan too but the way these guys push for all rubbish things like engine coat and what not, I did not expect NO for engine oil change. Maybe they just wanted to do more cars per day to get that free service coupon redeemed from M&M!

Once you miss the 10K periodicity of changing the engine oil, it becomes little difficult to track again when the next oil change should happen or you have to simply resort to their default schedule. If you can get the oil changed even now, i think you should do it and simply resume that 10K periodicity at 20K onwards.
Unfortunately the knocking sound came back during the journey and we decided to cut down the journey and return since the sound was louder than it was before!
Even though car was running perfectly fine, But a sound would be there for a reason right? Wrong reason.
SA just wanted to return the car in a day since it was 2-3 days off after that, So he might not want the extra work or what??

Planning to take it to the service center myself tomorrow and get all the niggles rectified, Will be reporting the following niggles,

1. Knocking sound while the car is stationery, Which comes only after driving about more than 40-50kms

2. Lounge lighting flashes

3. Rattling noises from front both door panels

4. Touchscreen hangs randomly

5. Gear knob vibrations in 4th and 6th gear while accelerating

Lets see how it goes.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 17:07   #133
BHPian
 
achyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 348 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Unfortunately the knocking sound came back during the journey and we decided to cut down the journey and return since the sound was louder than it was before!
Planning to take it to the service center myself tomorrow and get all the niggles rectified, Will be reporting the following niggles,

1. Knocking sound while the car is stationery, Which comes only after driving about more than 40-50kms

2. Lounge lighting flashes

3. Rattling noises from front both door panels

4. Touchscreen hangs randomly

5. Gear knob vibrations in 4th and 6th gear while accelerating

Lets see how it goes.
This is sad to hear, Tanveer. Good that you are taking it yourself to get the issues fixed. Just curious - did you face any of these issues in your erstwhile XUV?

With regard to the rattling noise from the door panels, the new TUV owners have reported the same and they seem to be able to get rid of the noise by lowering the window by a millimeter. Wonder if that will work here as well. Will help you zero down on what needs to be fixed by the SA.

I have faced a couple of instances when the infortainment system has not responded. But when I change the screen by pressing one of buttons on the center console, lets say the system is showing the FM screen and I change it to 'Phone' by pressing the button below it, the system comes back to life. Is the issue that you are facing different where nothing works whatsoever?
achyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 01:01   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 1,941 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
This is sad to hear, Tanveer. Good that you are taking it yourself to get the issues fixed. Just curious - did you face any of these issues in your erstwhile XUV?

With regard to the rattling noise from the door panels, the new TUV owners have reported the same and they seem to be able to get rid of the noise by lowering the window by a millimeter. Wonder if that will work here as well. Will help you zero down on what needs to be fixed by the SA.

I have faced a couple of instances when the infortainment system has not responded. But when I change the screen by pressing one of buttons on the center console, lets say the system is showing the FM screen and I change it to 'Phone' by pressing the button below it, the system comes back to life. Is the issue that you are facing different where nothing works whatsoever?
Never faced any mechanical issue with my previous XUV and that was the biggest reason i got another XUV, But yes this issue is a little sad, Though i don't think it should be something major, But still we had to cut down the trip just because of the sound, And also people stopping by to tell you about the sound coming from the engine bay is not something anyone would like!

Rattling noises from the door panels are coming from below the the window switches for me, And its the same in both the front door.

Exactly what you mentioned about the infotainment system, I too face these bugs every now and then, And sometimes only restarting the car helps.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 15:00   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 1,991 Times
Default re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Unfortunately the knocking sound came back during the journey and we decided to cut down the journey and return since the sound was louder than it was before!
...
...
5. Gear knob vibrations in 4th and 6th gear while accelerating.
Thats sad to hear. Hope this is resolved soon.

About gear knob, I sometimes felt this vibration but figured out I was having higher gear and lower RPM. But even then, it is not as much vibration as to cause a nuisance or irritation. Not sure if this is the same case with your XUV but could be something to do with AWD thing?

Hope these niggles disappear soon.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ownership tales of the Orange Cheetah - 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD, 60000 km up abirnale Long-Term Ownership Reviews 481 5th October 2017 09:27
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true simonkayar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 18th September 2017 10:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks