Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2015, 17:29   #166
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nagpur/Mumbai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

One view, as also stated earlier, would be that they don't want to cannibalize the Elantra's product positioning. If you think about it, frankly apart from brand/model image, a full spec SX(O) AT Creta at (I'm guessing here) Rs 13L ex-showroom would most certainly be more appealing from a features/space perspective than the Elantra.

Conversely, getting into that price range will bring upon competition from that segment of cars. Would I rather prefer a base VW Jetta over a top spec Jetta. probably! If their market research confirmed the same, then it would explain their apprehensions of making such an expensive variant.

Or it could just be that they're content to use the new product euphoria to push cars now, and once it dies down in a year or two come out with more top spec variants to boost enthusiasm and drive sales.

In any case it is what it is. Judging from the existence of this thread itself, Hyundai will have no problem getting a strong sales start for the Creta!
sangtani is offline  
Old 4th July 2015, 17:52   #167
BNM
BHPian
 
BNM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: KA 04/53
Posts: 224
Thanked: 490 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Sorry to be a spoilsport - I enquired about the variant details shared on this forum yesterday with the sales guy with whom I booked the car. He says that it is not the official Hyundai communication and he wouldn't commit to any of it. To add further, he said a similar variant list was floating around before the new facelift Verna was launched and customers were quite angry when they compared that list to what Hyundai finally released.

It is going to be a painful wait until the official brochures are released
BTW can one of you experts please answer these

1. If I were to get 17" alloys outside of Hyundai, what PCD and ET do I have to consider (114 ?)
2. Is it advisable to get a 225/55 or 235/55 width tyres or stick to 215/60 R17 ?
3. Will I have to re-calibrate the Odometer? If so will Hyundai do it ?
4. What price should I expect when I trade the OEM alloys and tyres ?
BNM is offline  
Old 4th July 2015, 18:09   #168
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 854
Thanked: 1,239 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
That said, its herd mentality. Once upon a time, somebody thought, a sub 4 meter sedan is a great idea, and voila you have dime a dozen hatchbacks dressed up as sedans.

The next craze is raise a car by 1 nanometer and make it a SUV, voila you have "SUVs,CUV,BUVs,TUVs".

Hopefully, the next craze would be "lifestyle trucks", and we would get some good options for 10-12L in the market.
Cant agree more with you. I am in a hunt for a Lifestyle truck and disappointed to see lack of options. The D Max has the potential to become one, but inability to do private registration, no 4x4, no Dual cab are a big downer.
The main reason I feel is lack of market. Only wealthy farmers, very few off-road enthu's in city would buy one. If you see, this is too small market for a manufacturer to sell a lifestyle truck. The reason why compact SUV and Sedan sells is because India is country obsessed with Sedan and SUV, not the case with a truck.
PrideRed is offline  
Old 4th July 2015, 21:06   #169
BHPian
 
Ferruccio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 109
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
There just aren't enough variants to cater to everybody. Why is that? Why would a person in lets say UK get a choice of 30 variants against us getting barely 5 in India on a given car? How does having the provision of more variants hamper too badly a company's business only in India? What's so special about other countries?
Haldar, let me explain MTOC - Model, Transmission, Option, Colour. Since we are talking about one Model, we'll talk only TOC. Assume to make you happy Hyundai has Manual and Auto transmission on all options, let us assume 5 variants or options and 7 colours. So for one model we are talking 2 x 5 x 7 TOC i.e. 70 differing SKUs or stock keeping units.

As a manufacturer I need to have separate Bill of materials for each of the thousands of parts that go into making one car x 70 SKU. I need to raise 70 separate orders to the thousands of suppliers, get it inwarded, properly fitted, quality checked, 70 different costing sheets maintained, checked and corrected. Then I have to have the parts all available in my warehouse and with the dealer. After the car is discontinued, I need to still make and retain the parts for 70 SKUs in warehouses for 20 years because there are customers who are using my cars and can need the part. Phew . . . all this costs money. The more the SKUs, the more money in the initial phase as well as lying idle in warehouses.

So, if instead of 2 x 5 x 7 TOC manufacturer offers 2 x 3 x 5 TOC i.e. 30 SKUs, it works out so much cheaper. Who do you think enjoys the benefits of the savings? You as the customer.

So next time you want choice like UK, check out the prices that the Brits are paying for the cars you drive here in India. Yes, they get more safety, more choice, better everything. That's because they pay more.

I can get all the choice you want in the Mercedes showroom at the AMG corner. But the question is a) Can I afford what it costs? b) Even if I can, is it worth the extra expense?

My kids last month on our Europe vacation saw that a packet of Oreo cookies at the equivalent of Rs. 126. We had a packet carried from India costing Rs. 10. The packet looked the same. But the Rs. 116 difference in price could not entirely be massive profits or taxes. Some content difference exists, wouldn't you say? Does that mean I want the Rs. 126 Oreo in India? No way - our Rs. 10 packet is a happy compromise. . . theek na ki Dada?
Ferruccio is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 21:51   #170
BHPian
 
haldar_siliguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Siliguri, Pune
Posts: 125
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta



Thanks for elaborating on my query. Much appreciated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
So next time you want choice like UK, check out the prices that the Brits are paying for the cars you drive here in India. Yes, they get more safety, more choice, better everything. That's because they pay more.
While the less expensive cars sold in India hold true with this, my crude knowledge however is certain that most cars above a roughly Rs 15-20lakh bracket however, cost way more in India than Europe. I know in India they are almost all either CKD or CBU but as prices increase the difference is most staggering. As a customer, (CBU or CKD or otherwise) I actually am paying way more for a car in India, esp a luxury car. Isn't it? (for e.g. approx Rs 60lakhs for a 730Ld in UK vs Rs1 crore in India)

And if you take into account Purchasing Power Parity, we Indians are actually paying so much more for our cars.
haldar_siliguri is offline  
Old 5th July 2015, 07:28   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 351
Thanked: 341 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

A look at Hyundai's fluidic sculpture across its SUV range - Santa Fe, Tucson (UK 2016 model) and Creta

Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundai-suv-family-front.png

So much similarity in side and rear profile

Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundai-suv-family-back.png

Source: Hyundai India and Hyundai UK site
Simhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 07:57   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Just to give you an idea about cost difference, my brother in law just got an elite i20 for almost 13 lakhs rs on road in UK and its not the AT variant.
akshatmangal is offline  
Old 5th July 2015, 08:16   #173
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Although this preview was put up a little bit late, the wait was completely worth it. Classic Team Bhp quality, this.

As for the car itself, it looks stunning. After making terrible looking cars for years like the Verna transform etc., they've come back strongly. Starting from the Eon and all the way upto the Santa Fe, their cars are beginning to look like a work of art.

And from what is written, the interior is pretty good too. When you see lines like 'won't look out of place even in the Santa Fe', you know the quality is top notch.

And like James May might say, Good news! It comes with a 6 speed auto box.' Lot of people were worried that the Creta might get the 4 speed box for the Verna, but Hyundai delivered.

One thing though, this being a preview, why is it placed in the review section of the homepage?

So to summarize, stunning design, excellent interiors, an acceptable ride, an auto box, and this being a Hyundai, a whole list of features and it'll also have a competitive price too! If was looking to buy a 12 lakh car now, this would defitely be it.
SS8939 is offline  
Old 5th July 2015, 09:37   #174
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 168
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks22402 View Post
What i think is that only the base variant would be priced below 10 considering 8L EX show room of Delhi rest everywhere there is a increase of 20-45k.
As long as a diesel varient kept under 10L Ex showroom chennai , with basic safety features 2 air bags + abs, it would be a great choice. > 10L makes huge difference in OTR and loses VFM. Hoping 1.6 Ltr middle varient falls here (Too much of expectation?? )
sathya_g_m is offline  
Old 5th July 2015, 11:20   #175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Called up hyundai showroom again today.
Came to know 2 things for sure.
1) They don't have any official document on any variant details as of now.
2) People who have made payments in mid june should get cars alloted in first lot.
The dealer also confirmed to me that i don't need to pay any more amount upfront other than booking amount and with the booking amount they have already processed booking with hyundai.
The day car gets launched, i will have 3 -5 days to pay down payment and secure early delivery.

I am not sure if i am missing anything in this. ?

I hope above is true and i can indeed get my hands on car in first lot of vehicles.
akshatmangal is offline  
Old 5th July 2015, 16:32   #176
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nagpur/Mumbai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Sorry to be a spoilsport - I enquired about the variant details shared on this forum yesterday with the sales guy with whom I booked the car. He says that it is not the official Hyundai communication and he wouldn't commit to any of it. To add further, he said a similar variant list was floating around before the new facelift Verna was launched and customers were quite angry when they compared that list to what Hyundai finally released.
It is going to be a painful wait until the official brochures are released

The variants list is official, I have a copy of the communication to the dealers from the company. Not posting it here though as I'm guessing that's not supposed to be open to public viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Called up hyundai showroom again today.
Came to know 2 things for sure.
1) They don't have any official document on any variant details as of now.
2) People who have made payments in mid june should get cars alloted in first lot.
The dealer also confirmed to me that i don't need to pay any more amount upfront other than booking amount and with the booking amount they have already processed booking with hyundai.
The day car gets launched, i will have 3 -5 days to pay down payment and secure early delivery.

I am not sure if i am missing anything in this. ?

I hope above is true and i can indeed get my hands on car in first lot of vehicles.
There most definitely is official communication from Hyundai to the dealers in the form of a PowerPoint slide with the features, along with the spec sheet. Posting images of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creat-features.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-specs.jpg  


Last edited by ampere : 6th July 2015 at 12:59. Reason: Merged back to back posts
sangtani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 18:19   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,886
Thanked: 334 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Fantastic Preview. Got lots of information.

I think this question was raised earlier also, what is the driver seat height? Is it like verna where your knees are above your hip Or its like scorpio where knees are little lower than hips.

I am not able to get any idea on this from the pics shared.

People who have seen the car in person, can they throw some light on this?
tanwaramit is offline  
Old 5th July 2015, 19:23   #178
BHPian
 
ddriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 63
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

As per the spec sheet details mentioned by sangtani it is really a shocker if you see the min ground clearance which is 165mm suggested!
ddriver is offline  
Old 5th July 2015, 20:09   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ---
Posts: 74
Thanked: 72 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
As per the spec sheet details mentioned by sangtani it is really a shocker if you see the min ground clearance which is 165mm suggested!
Maybe an artificially lowered specification with some useless/removable plastic bits(like the Scorpio has 165mm) as lower GC leads to some lower taxes IIRC. The real ground clearance would be more than the 183mm of IX25 as as been stated by many reviewers in the preview.
Whichcarnow is offline  
Old 5th July 2015, 20:46   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

A lot has already been said and speculated upon about Creta and its variants. Some of it is based on facts and some based on assumed facts. But it's fun to imagine and reimagine all the possibilities based on what we believe should be in the yet to be released Creta Nevertheless, the Creta seems to be an interesting package. It has already created a lot of buzz like a Friday movie release. All credit to the marketing team of Creta for keeping the interest alive and driving conversations across various platforms. The Preview or the Premiere was eagerly followed by millions across India. On July 21st, we will all know whether it was worth the wait. Picture abhi baaki hai. By the looks of it, the debutant Creta will have a great opening. Hopefully it will be a great hit leading to many more sequels. The Producers will recover all their monies for sure.

Last edited by ampere : 5th July 2015 at 21:18. Reason: Edited one smilie. keep it to max 2 please
Sam Panch is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O) naveen.raju Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 211 12th December 2017 12:00
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold! RavenAvi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 297 11th December 2017 22:18
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta _raVan_ The Indian Car Scene 702 30th June 2015 14:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks