Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st September 2016, 21:03   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Wipers were charged Rs 464.90 (Rs 259.70 + Rs 205.20).

Labour charges was Rs 130/-.
I quoted the prices from the MRP that was visible in the pictures of wipers posted by you. They have charged the MRP, in bill it is broken down to price + tax.
Dont you think charging Rs. 147 (130 + tax) for changing wipers is a bit steep?
PraNeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 11:24   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call

It finally happened.

After a blissful, no-fuss run of 8,335 kms and 14 months, the dreaded Head Unit display freezing problem popped up in Lazarus.

On Friday, under grey, overcast conditions and a heavy drizzle, I was headed to pick up my daughter from her school. I had the LED positioning lamps on because of the semi-dark conditions and limited visibility all around. Halfway through my short journey (it's about 10 minutes from my home to her school), the HU screen went dimmer and got stuck at the map it was showing (in dark mode, since the LEDs were on).

I think it happened during a screen refresh/transition process, where the display map inches forward from one updated screen to another.

Subsequently, none of the buttons worked. Even long-pressing the Power button to shut down the HU didn't work. I put Lazarus in reverse gear to see if the rear view from the reversing camera came up, but even that didn't show on the HU's display.

Came back home with the frozen screen, asked my wife for a safety pin, and used it to click on the small Master Reset pin-sized button on the bottom right corner of the HU. The display immediately went blank, and upon cranking up Lazarus again, the HU became normal.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call-img_7205.jpg

This is definitely a software glitch. A proper updation of the HU's software should fix this issue.

Since the local guys still don't have any clue on the customary navigation update, I am thinking of getting it done during my trip to the state capital early next month.

Except for this, everything else is sailing smoothly.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 06:00   #273
BHPian

Quote:
It finally happened.

After a blissful, no-fuss run of 8,335 kms and 14 months, the dreaded Head Unit display freezing problem popped up in Lazarus.
The HU freezing issue popped up on my Creta SX+ Petrol too, just after 2 weeks of ownership . I was playing music from USB on orange position of Start/Stop button (HU On mode) and when I turned on the engine, the HU froze on the 'Agree' screen. The steering controls worked normally, vol +/-, track change, mode, etc. But the screen wouldn't change from the 'Agree'. Tried to shut down the HU by long-pressing the Power button, but nothing happened. Suddenly thought about your post (thank you so much for that) and pulled out the stylus from my Galaxy Note4 and pressed the reset switch for about 3 seconds. The screen went blank. Pressed the HU power button again. Voila! the screen was back to normal. Thank you for the very useful post, otherwise I would have driven all the way to the service center to solve this issue.

Quote:
This is definitely a software glitch. A proper updation of the HU's software should fix this issue.

Since the local guys still don't have any clue on the customary navigation update, I am thinking of getting it done during my trip to the state capital early next month.
Have you already got the software update done? Please let us know if this solved the issue. Thank you.

Other than this small glitch, the Creta has been an absolute joy to drive.
Cruzerman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 07:26   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerman View Post
The HU freezing issue popped up on my Creta SX+ Petrol too, just after 2 weeks of ownership .
This is a very common problem. Used to happen to me on two occasions. "Agree" screen and soon after I drop a call. On both scenarios, only the volume button used to work. I mentioned this when I had taken for my second service and asked them to reset the HU to the factory setting. No problems for the past 9 months.
naveen.raju is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 10:31   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the very useful post, otherwise I would have driven all the way to the service center to solve this issue.
You are most welcome. Glad my observations were of some help.

Quote:
Have you already got the software update done? Please let us know if this solved the issue. Thank you.
Nope. The local Shivnath Hyundai dealership continues to be clueless in this regard.

Have to make a trip to the capital city for getting this done. Hopefully soon.

Quote:
Other than this small glitch, the Creta has been an absolute joy to drive.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I mentioned this when I had taken for my second service and asked them to reset the HU to the factory setting. No problems for the past 9 months.
Reset from the update, Naveen? Curious because Lazarus's HU is still running on the factory-set software/setup.

A small update - crossed the 9,000-kms mark yesterday.

This came in 1 year, 4 months and 12 days since Lazarus drove into my life.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call-img_1410.jpg

It's been all running around the city and petrol fill-ups, nothing else. Not even a puncture from the last one I reported.

Trust me when I say this (not exaggerating) - the Creta is pretty much a "fill it, shut it, forget it" car. The perfect urban runabout with it's rather compact footprint (slightly less than 4.3m in length), and a wonderful highway cruiser. For a family man, there's no better option in the market in it's segment.
Old 10th December 2016, 16:04   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reset from the update, Naveen? Curious because Lazarus's HU is still running on the factory-set software/setup.
I had asked to update the software when I went for the 10k service. But no idea whether they updated or did a reset. My main priority was to get rid of the bug. Since then, all is well.

Anyways, I have a list of things to be done during my 20k service which am planning to do in couple of weeks. BTW, congrats on the milestone. Taking it slow these days uh? And might get even slower once the "Big Brother" joins the garage.
naveen.raju is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 19:34   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Lazarus rolled past the first big milestone of his on-road career yesterday afternoon, when I was on my way home from work.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call-image2.jpg

It's been a near-perfect, near-no fuss ownership experience so far.

Bar a couple of punctures, a couple of mishaps (one of which was due to my negligence, come to think of it), and one Head Unit freeze-up, everything else in the past 600 days of ownership has been like the old Hero Honda CD100 commercial - "fill it, shut it, forget it."

Thankfully, I have been spared from any/all initial niggles of new Creta cars as reported by a few other owners - rear door handles getting stuck, windshield problems, Head Unit freezing up again and again, etc. After the troublesome ownership of my Empress (2014 Honda City), my Lazarus experience has been complete bliss.

To commemorate the occasion, let me list down a few joys and pains of owning the Hyundai Creta over the past 10,000 kms:

JOYS:

- A jack-of-all-trades, master of none package.
- I find the size just perfect for daily driving inside the city. Turning around from one end of the road to the other is a breeze.
- In-cabin ergonomics and ease of use of cabin features is spot on.
- Gearing is quite smooth. All gears fall into their slots with short, sure moves.
- Tall stance and raised ground clearance is a boon during heavy rains, when the roads are flooded.
- Head space, leg space and shoulder room is aplenty all around (for a family of 4 adults and 1 small girl).
- Extremely loud and premium-sounding horn! Wife has specially requested that I don't honk it when I reach home, because it makes her jump!
- Storage space between the two cup holders (behind the gear lever) takes in both my mobile handsets - iPhone 7 Plus & OnePlus 3 - easily (longitudinally). First thing I do when I enter my Lazarus.
- Smooth takeoff from standstill. No jerks or sudden bursts at all, unlike our Swift.
- Visibility from the driver's seat is fantastic.
- Huge dead pedal is a boon, specially on long drives.
- Steering-mounted controls are fantastic to use and precise.
- Engine noise is absent inside the cabin. Even the pedals don't transmit any vibrations to your feet. You will be hard-pressed to hear it running, except in confined spaces or during cranking up.
- The 3rd gear is best suited for in-city drives. For the highways, the 5th gear is the place to be.
- Superb lighting all around. The projectors are quite effective, as are the high beam bulbs and the cornering lamps.
- On cloudy, greyish dull days, the positioning LED lamp strips double up as DRLs. Very visible from a distance.
- Haven't sat even once on my Lazarus's rear seat. This feedback comes from my mom and wife, who have experienced the rear seats of 2 generations of the Honda City, and the current-gen Swift - the Creta's rear seat comfort is at level with the City, or maybe slightly more. My little feisty and naughty 5-year old falls asleep on the rear seat during trips - a testament to it's comfort levels!
- My mom calls it a raja ki gaadi (King's car). Needless to say, she finds the Creta's front and side profile extremely handsome!
- Plastics and fit and finish exude premiumness. Build quality overall gives you a feel of "built to last."
- Paint quality is excellent. The shine of the Polar White shade hasn't dulled much till now.
- Not even a single panel gap anywhere on the car whatsoever!
- The Goodyear Assurances which came with the car are doing their job well. Apart from some road noise at highway speeds, they have been quite robust and silent till now.
- Superbly tuned suspension soaks up most of the roads' undulations.
- Huge boot is very helpful in carting around a ton of equipment/luggage when needed.
- Overall FE numbers - 12.51 kmpl (Best = 14.41 kmpl, Worst = 10.83 kmpl) according to the FuelLog app.
- Head Unit is quick and responsive, and a joy to use.
- Sound output from the 8-speaker system is quite good, with the correct balance/fader adjustments. Quite adequate for a casual listener like me.
- You know you love your car when you park it anywhere and turn back at least once to gaze at it admiringly, even after 10,000 kms!

PAINS:

- The "Agree" click on the Head Unit.
- Re-circulation button for the Fully Automatic Climate Control (FATC) unit.
- Browsing back to the parent folder from a currently playing song.
- Missing backlit buttons on the driver door panel.
- Driver/passenger door plastic handle is flimsy. Squeeze it and you will know.
- Gear lever sometimes getting stuck when shifting to Reverse (from Neutral).
- Light steering at takeoff.
- Not much feedback from the tyres/steering at highway speeds.
- Lack of grunt/power is evident on steep ghat sections. Not as powerful as it's diesel counterparts.
- Cheap looking gear lever. One of the things I hate in the Creta.
- Head Unit resets to a default song on the USB drive sometimes.
- Sharp, jolt-like feedback from the steering when the car goes over a sudden, big, unseen pothole/speed breaker at highway speeds.
- The missing convenience of an Electro-Chromic rearview mirror. A toggle-enabled Day/Night rearview mirror doesn't suit this car's premiumness.
- Seat fabrics could have been better, for the price demanded.
- Fixed & naked central armrest. Too far from the gear lever to be of any real help, plus the hard plastic cover on top.
- No separate DRLs, automatic this-and-that, or auto-folding ORVMs. It pinches your heart sometimes.

On the radar once March Closing is done with:

1) Wheel rotation.
2) Maps update.
3) A few new stuff waiting to be added. (details when I post them)
4) New tyres. (depending on budget)

Ciao! Until the next update!

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call-image1.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th March 2017 at 19:44.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 20:18   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You know you love your car when you park it anywhere and turn back at least once to gaze at it admiringly, even after 10,000 kms!
I can understand how you feel.

It is a natural reaction that comes when we lock the car, walk a few steps away and then turn back to see it. If required stop for a second or two and stare at the car. It is just wonderful feeling actually.

I still have it on My Swift even after 1.1 lakh kms.

It's never been one that I haven't looked back.

Congratulations on reaching the milestone.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 20:56   #279
BHPian

I feel 10000kms is too less to judge a car as built to last
Plus , see the amount of care that goes after your car
If it had given you any trouble, I'd be surprised anyway
And new tyres would be a clear waste after such a meagre mileage having read good about them on this thread itself.if they ain't broke, why replace

Last edited by dhruvritzed : 18th March 2017 at 21:00.
dhruvritzed is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 01:21   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It's never been one that I haven't looked back.

Congratulations on reaching the milestone.
You know exactly how we feel about our steeds, my friend.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
It's the duration of the car which has stayed with you which imparts that feeling, not the kms done. I am sure you checked the time in my above post - which is 600 days. Adequate period to correctly judge how your steed actually is (inside and out), specially when you are living with it each and every day of that 600-day duration.

Quote:
On the contrary, Lazarus sees much lesser care than my previous 2 Honda City steeds. Washing/dusting is much lesser, as is cleaning the interiors.

I even forget to cover him sometimes!

Maybe I am a bit desensitized after losing 2 Citys, which is actually my childhood dream car.

The only care I take is park Lazarus in my shaded garage dutifully each and every day, and not expose him to the elements - sun, rain and dust. Even then, it stands exposed outside when I am at office, at the mercy of Mother Nature.

Quote:
And new tyres would be a clear waste after such a meagre mileage having read good about them on this thread itself.if they ain't broke, why replace
Correct. Hence the clause inside brackets "depending on budget".

But going solely by the period done by them and by the conditions of the roads around these parts, it's something I have been debating on.

I might change them if I intend to keep Lazarus for a long time, and I might not if I am going to swap him for something else in the next 2-3 years, when the B-NCAP crash test norms and the BS-VI emission norms kick in.

It's something I am yet to decide. Nothing definite on that front, yet.
Old 19th March 2017, 18:55   #281

I have completed more than 50k km on my 17 month old Creta 1.6 SX and i can safely vouch for the fact that indeed the car is build to last. Comparing it to my 2 year, 13k km Honda City, the rattles and squeaks are very less and the suspension is still doing wonders despite the pathetic road conditions in my city. Plus, I am not as careful as RavenAvi when it comes to maintaining my car.

The tyres have now started showing signs of age and are due for replacement next month.

Quote:
replace
sids1811 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 15:07   #282
BHPian

I feel any mileage below 35k is a waste of money for replacing tyres, you should rather invest in other mods till that mileage figure as cretas usually do not have a poor reputation for OE tyres, atleast you have a closed space to park your car, Delhi NCR people cannot even take that much care in most cases
dhruvritzed is offline   Reply With Quote