Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 19:49   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gujarat
Posts: 77
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Naveen.raju, thanks for the detailed review and photographs. Especially liked the comparison with Ecosport . AT versions of Creta and Ecosport are in my short list too.

When I compare the AT versions, the positives for Ecosport are:

- more safety features
- better build quality
- cheaper by approx 4 lacs
- availability within 3 weeks
- attitude of the sales staff at Hyundai was not good. Will this attitude be carried over by their service staff?

My running is around 1000 kms a month so diesel in Creta vs. petrol in Ecosport does not matter much. Creta is certainly a tad bigger and has many things going for it. The main question I am grappling with is trying to figure out whether it is worth 4 lacs more than Ecosport? Had AT been available in the top SX(O) model then it would have been an easy decision. Lets see how the dice rolls!

Any way, wishing you many happy memories with your new car.
sohu9 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 02:07   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 358
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Congratulations Naveen on your Creta! I must say it's a great looker on roads. Specially the white! I love White personally. My Zen ->Swift and now Zest Revotron were/are all whites

You mentioned your report as a short one, but, it is very detailed and exhaustive. Thanks for those pictures and the brilliant 'unbiased' report.

On my way back home tonight, saw two Creta on the Sarjapur ORR. It was my first spotting of car on the roads.
At the first sight I was mightily impressed at its road stance! Followed one of them to the Shell fuel pump. Was surprised to see the fuel attendant opened the bonnet and his responses to owner's signs to top up! He picked up a can with 'blue liquid' and started to fill up. My guess it's the windscreen cleaning liquid.

The front grille with chrome slats and those alloys look stunning! By the way, I like the rear lamps of my Zest better than Creta!

Regarding video playback, even on the Zest, the Harman Kardan infotainment system plays back video only when the car is not moving.

Wish you lots of happy and safe miles!
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 05:22   #48
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,498
Thanked: 5,206 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Superb review Naveen and hearty congratulations! Lovely photographs.

The Creta makes immense sense for your requirements. I checked the car out yesterday and was impressed. The most important of which is the size. Perfect for an urban dweller. Have fun!

PS: And the best bit is that our group' beloved EcoSport has not left the building.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 06:58   #49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Congrats Naveen. Thanks for an AWESOME review. Creta boy looks handsome in White. The grey cladding beneath the rear bumper just enhances feel of SUV.

Planning for a TD this weekend. But saw a couple of Cretas on road and sure it is a head turner.

Wishing you miles and miles of happy and safe memories with the new boy!!!
RomeoAlpha22 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 07:04   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,543
Thanked: 2,533 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil_KP View Post
Congratulations on your new drive. Nicely written with excellent pictures. This is what i call Tailgating Ravenavi
Yet when i look at the onroad price, I still am
Thanks a lot. Yes, the onroad price is a bit hard to digest but you totally forget about it once you get the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
One more review.

Congratulations Naveen! SX(O) variant is simply stunning in white. Those alloys i tell you! You can cover the gloss black pillar in Carbon fiber. The chrome grills both front and back and the pillar all covered in carbon fiber would make the car look meaner. ( just my opinion )

Wishing you miles of safe and niggle free ownership.
Thanks a lot Amar and for those tips. The rear chrome will be first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Many congratulations Naveen, that was a nice and detailed review. I think the Creta looks absolutely smashing in white! And i absolutely love those 17" Diamond Cut Alloys, that would be the sole reason to push my budget to get the SX(O) over the SX+!!!
Thanks a lot Abhi. That's what my wife got to say. When the price was out and I almost went for the SX+, she wanted those 17" alloys. Asked me whether we can buy them for the SX+. Then I pushed for the SX(O). After all, I want her to be happy (she's not going to read this. So it's not to please her )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Two super comprehensive and beautifully written reviews of the Creta in a span of 3 days. Really, what a treat for us bhpians!
Congrats on your latest piece of machinery sir! Hope you will have a smile every time you take her out of the garage.
Do update this thread regularly. I'll be religiously following it. Rated 5 stars, subscribed!
PS: The first picture of the italicised 'h'is beautiful!
Thanks a lot. Humbled by those words. I shall definitely keep the thread updated with all my findings and more importantly - pictures. Waiting for some spare time and a good location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats. Nice, crisp review and excellent pictures. The vehicle meets your requirements very well. Looks good in white.

Hope to get frequent updates, especially modifications as you had done with your Ecosport. Rating 5 stars.
Thanks a lot. Yes, I shall be updating the thread. Too early to think about modifications and dont think anything major is required. For starters, I am upgrading to HIDs in couple of days, waiting for those cup holders pads (ordered from aliexpress) and planning on roof bars (Thule - they have shop here. Will go on sat to check them out. But really expensive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Congratulations naveen.raju, Wish you safe and happy miles ahead with your Creta. I wish it had come to the marked a year back,, would defnitely have gone for it, at-least a mid variant, the top spec would have been out off my budget.
Hyundai has priced it high, but guess there is a good number of buyers willing to pay premium for this SUV,
Thanks a lot Hemant. Yes, it expensive for a compact SUV but totally worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Congrats Naveen on the Creta.
I've became a huge fan of new generation Hyundai's looks and finish. Top class review - five star rated. It was actually a shocker that you sold your fairly new EcoSport and bought Creta. Anyways, I love both .
Drive safe and happy miles.
Sreehari

PS - You've changed cars twice after I joined TeamBHP. My Ritz is still chugging happily.
Thanks a lot Sree. Yes, it was a quick decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saranhere View Post
Congrats naveen.raju, that is indeed a beautiful car. I am in the market for one as well. Did you consider the Automatic as a choice at all? Since, you happen to have got the SX(O), I would assume that price was not a factor for not considering the Automatic. In case you did, please spell out your thoughts and pros and cons, if you can. Thanks and congrats once again on a brilliant ride.
Thanks a lot saran. Nope, I didnt consider the AT. I never liked AT's and have driven only couple of autoboxes. I test drove the Fortuner AT last month and it felt so boring when your left foot is sitting idle. Anyways, it's just my personal thoughts and all my friends loved the AT and they recommends the AT box. So I see nothing wrong in going for the AT. The only thing people complain is that AT is not available in SX(O) variant. So people feel ecosport AT is worth considering the features and safety equipment available but a petrol motor. I would totally recommend AT if you enjoy driving autobox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I have to say that I admire the way you purchased the Creta.

You didn't bother about losing value on resale of the Ecospsort, you didn't bother Hyundai being not so favorite among the enthusiasts, and you were pretty sure on what you wanted to have.

That's a great way to lead life, caring of nobody's opinion and not caring about materialistic calculations all the time, to influence the choices we make in life.

Wish you a good ownership experience and a lot of happy miles!
LOL. You read my mind dude. That goes with my previous purchases as well. Since am not single anymore, my 'partner in crime' should like it. That's my major requirement. If she approves, then that's it. I always follow my heart and also, I need to check my bank account as well which is secondary .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Naveen.raju, thanks for the detailed review and photographs. Especially liked the comparison with Ecosport . AT versions of Creta and Ecosport are in my short list too.

When I compare the AT versions, the positives for Ecosport are:

- more safety features
- better build quality
- cheaper by approx 4 lacs
- availability within 3 weeks
- attitude of the sales staff at Hyundai was not good. Will this attitude be carried over by their service staff?

My running is around 1000 kms a month so diesel in Creta vs. petrol in Ecosport does not matter much. Creta is certainly a tad bigger and has many things going for it. The main question I am grappling with is trying to figure out whether it is worth 4 lacs more than Ecosport? Had AT been available in the top SX(O) model then it would have been an easy decision. Lets see how the dice rolls!

Any way, wishing you many happy memories with your new car.
Thanks a lot. Since it's less than 1k a month, you can check out the ecosport AT. Sad that hyundai missed the AT SX(O) when they should have known that there's no diesel AT compact suv and people would run behind them. Yes, it would take the price to another level but it would have been worth. Also, check the ecosport thread. A facelift is on the cards although not very soon. They are busy with Figo Aspire, Figo hatch and the all new endeavour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Congratulations Naveen on your Creta! I must say it's a great looker on roads. Specially the white! I love White personally. My Zen ->Swift and now Zest Revotron were/are all whites

You mentioned your report as a short one, but, it is very detailed and exhaustive. Thanks for those pictures and the brilliant 'unbiased' report.

On my way back home tonight, saw two Creta on the Sarjapur ORR. It was my first spotting of car on the roads.
At the first sight I was mightily impressed at its road stance! Followed one of them to the Shell fuel pump. Was surprised to see the fuel attendant opened the bonnet and his responses to owner's signs to top up! He picked up a can with 'blue liquid' and started to fill up. My guess it's the windscreen cleaning liquid.

The front grille with chrome slats and those alloys look stunning! By the way, I like the rear lamps of my Zest better than Creta!

Regarding video playback, even on the Zest, the Harman Kardan infotainment system plays back video only when the car is not moving.

Wish you lots of happy and safe miles!
Thanks a lot Bala. Yes, white is preferred by us or should I say by almost all people here in Kerala. It does grab the attention but should be a common sight in the coming months. Yes, that will be the windscreen liquid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Superb review Naveen and hearty congratulations! Lovely photographs.

The Creta makes immense sense for your requirements. I checked the car out yesterday and was impressed. The most important of which is the size. Perfect for an urban dweller. Have fun!

PS: And the best bit is that our group' beloved EcoSport has not left the building.
Thanks a lot Deeps. Yes, it does meet all our requirements and happy with the vehicle. Yes, ecosport is in the 'building', literally.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 11:29   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 93
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Thanks for this awesome report naveen. Congratulations for your latest possession and may you enjoy it to the fullest. I particularly liked the comparison with ecosport. Going through the comparison from testers is one thing. Since you own both of them it brings a very clear picture between two.
Superlike for the pictures.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 11:31   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gurgaon, Alwar
Posts: 447
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Congratulations, Naveen on the Creta.

Superb and precise review. I also had test driven the creta yesterday. Mighty impressed. Hyundai have indeed matured. Amply proven by the creta.

Congratulations again.

BTW what happened to the Ecosport?
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 11:38   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Outstanding review Naveen! I was in 2 minds if I need to move away from my XUV in the next 6 months and go for a smaller SUV. Your review nailed it for me. White looks really neat on the Creta. SX(O) it is
hallik9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 13:00   #54
BHPian
 
JASMEET MATTOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 270
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Heartiest congratulations on your new buy. The car looks great and you have been able to give a detailed comprehensive report. Thanks !
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 13:20   #55
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 585
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Many congrats . That was a good review with lots of pictures. Pictures itself described the car in detail.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 20:34   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,543
Thanked: 2,533 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Thanks for this awesome report naveen. Congratulations for your latest possession and may you enjoy it to the fullest. I particularly liked the comparison with ecosport. Going through the comparison from testers is one thing. Since you own both of them it brings a very clear picture between two.
Superlike for the pictures.
Thanks a lot Saurabh. Yes, I try and cover a comparison in all my reviews. I think that helps me to come out with a proper review of the car and helps other potential buyers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congratulations, Naveen on the Creta.

Superb and precise review. I also had test driven the creta yesterday. Mighty impressed. Hyundai have indeed matured. Amply proven by the creta.

Congratulations again.

BTW what happened to the Ecosport?
Thanks a lot. I sold the ecosport to my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Outstanding review Naveen! I was in 2 minds if I need to move away from my XUV in the next 6 months and go for a smaller SUV. Your review nailed it for me. White looks really neat on the Creta. SX(O) it is
Thanks a lot. I too had this confusion when the price was announced. But all my points mentioned in the report made me take this decision and I am happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Heartiest congratulations on your new buy. The car looks great and you have been able to give a detailed comprehensive report. Thanks !
Thanks a lot. Will continue to update this thread with more findings and pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Many congrats . That was a good review with lots of pictures. Pictures itself described the car in detail.
Thanks a lot. Yes, I am better off taking pictures than writing. Expect more pictures in the coming weeks.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:44   #57
BHPian
 
Shanksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madras
Posts: 289
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Congrats Naveen.raju!! wishing you loads of (s)miles in the Creta. Just a few days since launch and we already have an ownership review on both the petrol and diesel Creta . The mods have a lot of work cut out.

Last edited by Shanksta : 6th August 2015 at 23:46.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 06:47   #58
BHPian
 
sandygordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 457
Thanked: 865 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Thank you Naveen for the excellent review
Heart-broken after the S cross 1.6 pricing I have booked the SX silver. Might change it to SX+ (upper limit).

1.2 lacs seemed pretty steep for 7 inch AVN, keyless and reverse parking. Thats why I decided to settle for the SX. It wont have a reverse camera and I will have to go for one on the rear view mirror, I think as I wont be able to integrate it with the 5 inch display. Any way I have been slotted for delivery somewhere in end September or October. Have to decide on sx vs sx+ today.

I was planning on buying the S Cross 1.6 Zeta, but spending 15.5 L on that seemed not worth. Anyway I will have a good look at the S cross 1.3 alpha and then decide on the SX.
Your inputs requested.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 06:18   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,543
Thanked: 2,533 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoAlpha22 View Post
Congrats Naveen. Thanks for an AWESOME review. Creta boy looks handsome in White. The grey cladding beneath the rear bumper just enhances feel of SUV.

Planning for a TD this weekend. But saw a couple of Cretas on road and sure it is a head turner.

Wishing you miles and miles of happy and safe memories with the new boy!!!
Thanks a lot. Yes, white brings out the size of the car and goes along well with those alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Congrats Naveen.raju!! wishing you loads of (s)miles in the Creta. Just a few days since launch and we already have an ownership review on both the petrol and diesel Creta . The mods have a lot of work cut out.
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Thank you Naveen for the excellent review
Heart-broken after the S cross 1.6 pricing I have booked the SX silver. Might change it to SX+ (upper limit).

1.2 lacs seemed pretty steep for 7 inch AVN, keyless and reverse parking. Thats why I decided to settle for the SX. It wont have a reverse camera and I will have to go for one on the rear view mirror, I think as I wont be able to integrate it with the 5 inch display. Any way I have been slotted for delivery somewhere in end September or October. Have to decide on sx vs sx+ today.

I was planning on buying the S Cross 1.6 Zeta, but spending 15.5 L on that seemed not worth. Anyway I will have a good look at the S cross 1.3 alpha and then decide on the SX.
Your inputs requested.
Thanks a lot. Why dont you check out the SX+? Personally speaking, I didnt like S Cross at all. Cant call it an SUV. Also, Maruti service isnt cheap anymore - the main reason why I sold the swift. Although that 1.6 engine on the S cross it tempting, I would say Creta feels more VFM. This is my personal take on this.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 15:47   #60
BHPian
 
landcruiser123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: BLR, KA, IND
Posts: 650
Thanked: 745 Times
Default Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Terrific review with great pictures. Wishing you many kilometers of happy ownership.

Any reason for not considering the S-cross? It's got the engine with more torque and got an impressive feature list.

Eagerly waiting for more pictures.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call RavenAvi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 271 10th October 2016 11:24
Preview: Hyundai Creta .anshuman Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1738 23rd August 2015 14:42
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta _raVan_ The Indian Car Scene 702 30th June 2015 14:24
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI! I read…I went… I saw… I drove… but it conquered!!! JackTheCrack Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 113 22nd May 2010 09:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:31.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks