Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th November 2015, 04:24   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

2 exciting updates:

1. Super ICE (in-car-entertainment) project for nerds coming up
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...oid-twist.html

2. Morimoto FXR 3.0 projector Retrofit with D2S Xenon lights ordered. Will be installed in my headlights next week.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...l#.VkZpzFQ_xg0
Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!-screen-shot-20151113-15.28.15.png

MIND. BLOWN. Can't wait!
frankmehta is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 13:50   #182
Senior - BHPian

Eagerly awaiting the projector installation. Polo's headlights are definitely a weak link. Please share complete installation details, and performance details (video if possible) once you have installed the projectors. Also, any warranty concerns if no wires are cut or spliced?
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 23:08   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
2. Morimoto FXR 3.0 projector Retrofit with D2S Xenon lights ordered. Will be installed in my headlights next week.
Hi Frank,

You were earlier looking at possibility of installing wiring kit to use higher wattage bulb, but bulbs in Vento/Polo (2015) are H7. Were you able to find any wiring kit compatible with H7 or can we modify wiring kit available for H4 bulbs using holders for H7?

Another option is to use standalone wiring and install aux light.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...e-my-figo.html (May the force be with Chameli - Lightforce on my Figo)

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 14th November 2015 at 23:13.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 21:56   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Frank,

You were earlier looking at possibility of installing wiring kit to use higher wattage bulb, but bulbs in Vento/Polo (2015) are H7. Were you able to find any wiring kit compatible with H7 or can we modify wiring kit available for H4 bulbs using holders for H7?

Another option is to use standalone wiring and install aux light.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...e-my-figo.html (May the force be with Chameli - Lightforce on my Figo)

Regards.
Relay was for H4. These xenons are terrific coupled with the halogen high beam it works quite well against the truckers with 100w high beam.

Bi-xenon's with this combo have been tested and perform amazingly well.

You need yellow light in:
1.Rain
2. Against oncoming high beam #!$%
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 13:19   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I have shifted the seat to the Brio, as of now. The Polo is resting for a couple of days
Have left her at the other house. Will take a photo and post soon.
Hey, could you please post a picture of the memory foam fitted in GT? Also some pics of how this affects the under thigh support?

I got my GT TSI 2 weeks back and have been struggling to find the best seating position (so much so that I sometimes ask my wife to drive the car whenever she is along with me...somehow she is comfortable with the seats). Currently I push the driver seat fully back and pull the steering fully forward. This has almost resolved the under thigh support issue. However the lower back support is still inferior.
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 13:41   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Frank, can you share details of the component break up of the system you have ordered - like wiring harness, lens type, shroud type etc? Do you have any technical details on how the wiring harness will fit to the stock harness, and if any custom harnesses have to be made etc?

Was checking with Gannu on his DIY thread and he mentioned that in older head lamp assembly, all the lights had their own individual wiring harnesses. But in the latest polo, there is just one connector and connections to different bulbs seem to be internal. Looks a little complex.

Greatly appreciate any information you could provide on this.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 13:42   #187
Senior - BHPian

So I've come up with a theory. Try driving without resting your foot on the footrest.
Somehow, it looks like the footrest was an afterthought and ergonomics were not really kept in mind.
Our footrest is modular and easily removable.
If you're comfortable this way, the dead pedal can be eliminated. I am very comfortable when I don't have to rest my feet on it.
Try it and post here
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 14:52   #188
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i agree with frank. i have been using th GT for 2 months now. thr best seating position i have figured for me is when i dont have my foot on the foot rest.
ngauravmalhotra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 17:40   #189
BHPian

Quote:
So I've come up with a theory. Try driving without resting your foot on the footrest.
Somehow, it looks like the footrest was an afterthought and ergonomics were not really kept in mind.
Our footrest is modular and easily removable.
If you're comfortable this way, the dead pedal can be eliminated. I am very comfortable when I don't have to rest my feet on it.
Try it and post here
Shorter drives = Dead pedal used
Long drives = Footwear removed, foot rested on carpet, soo comfy.

The best dead pedal I've used was on my really old santro, I think that was 10+ years ago.

EDIT: I mostly use Left-foot braking when driving like a madman and that seems to be the best set up for my needs

Last edited by H_Dogg72 : 20th November 2015 at 17:46.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 22:16   #190
zen
BHPian

Agree with the footrest being more useful for short drives. On longer drives, I've tended to alternate between using the footrest and not to be the most comfortable.
zen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:45   #191
BHPian

Driving without resting the foot on footrest takes away the under thigh support. When I place my left foot on the footrest, I usually tilt the whole of my lower half leg on to the centre dashboard.

Lower back support is poor with or without resting the leg on the footrest. The seats are getting on my nerves now. I think I will have to consult some professional for improving the seats
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:25   #192
BHPian

I am suffering from really bad back pain because of the seats. Has anyone found any solution for the same? I also feel that keeping the foot off the dead pedal is better than keeping foot on the dead pedal. But its just that its slightly better and not the solution. Let me try various positions of seat and steering and try my luck on that.
petrol_power is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 18:45   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Message the seller and ask him to send Bracket number 1.

It is one of the best upgrades. The auto dimming feature and size of the mirror is perfect for night driving.
Is there a DIY thread on this?
cedricsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 18:48   #194
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...are-orvms.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...hlight=dimming

Yes, there are!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 19:27   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Message the seller and ask him to send Bracket number 1.

It is one of the best upgrades. The auto dimming feature and size of the mirror is perfect for night driving.
Thanks Frank, but these are not specific to the Polo. I am not much of a DIY guy. Is there a reliable guy in Mumbai who can get this done?
cedricsg is offline   Reply With Quote