Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th August 2016, 15:12   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hi Newtonmeter, nicely compiled review of your car. I too own an 2012 Laura L&k and iam thoroughly enjoying it. I believe to up-grade to a better car, we have to look north of 40 lacs in the new car market. You will definitely not like any car below that price bracket.
Iam planning to swap the steering wheel to the latest one with paddles just like yours. Are the paddle shifters really useful? How much will it cost me ? Please share the details regarding it. Thanks
Yes the paddle shifters are worth every penny. In India they are pretty costly. Upwards of around 65k. Me and Rohan .. another tbhp had imported them from Czech Republic. We had got a good deal of 36k per steering and we were lucky to skip duty

Rohan had got red stitch and I got a white stich one.

Btw Rohan is now selling his steering as he is passing his car to his dad. Contact him , you might get a good deal.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th August 2016 at 16:36. Reason: Chezkoslovakia > Czech Republic (Czechoslovakia split in 1993) + several typos (please proof read before submission). Thanks!
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 16:34   #32

Hello There, As have seen the Paddle Shifter equipped Steering wheels from Abroad. So, I have a suggestion to all my dear members to please do take a note that you can get the best parts of VAG cars from Scrap Markets. As I have sourced the Paddle Shift Steering of Skoda Superb for just 5000/- as it works with all Skoda DSG equipped cars.

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20151103_154019.jpg

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20151103_154027.jpg

My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K-img_20151103_154029.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2016 at 08:56. Reason: Typo
patel8585 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 16:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel8585 View Post
Hello There, As have seen the Paddle Shifter equipped Steering wheels from Abroad. So, I have a suggestion to all my dear members to please do take a note that you can get the best parts of VAG cars from Scrap Markets. As I have sourced the Paddle Shift Steering of Skoda Superb for just 5000/- as it works with all Skoda DSG equipped cars.
I beg to differ here. Though paddle shifts are a cool addition to the car, I would not get the steering wheel from scrap market because of the uncertainty of the airbags from a scrapped steering wheel. We should not compromise safety for paddle shifts or for saving money. Just my two cents!
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 07:25   #34
BHPian

Default My pre-worshipped Czech Tank - Skoda Laura TDI DSG L&K

Agree with graaja here. Apart from the safety aspect, It's that part of the car that defines the interiors and the part that you touch the most with your hands. I'm sure you would pay extra for a nice smelling clean vrs steering with perforated leather. 😀 vrs steering is also smaller in size to make it more sporty
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 13:09   #35

Hello Garja. As the you can source only the steering from the scraparket and use the original airbag from your existing steering in your car. As, what I did is got the steering wheel without the airbag and replace it with my original airbag which was present in the car itself. As it fits in well, only unless you buy the steering of Octavia 3 as it has different steering and airbag design. Take care.
patel8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 15:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel8585 View Post
Hello Garja. As the you can source only the steering from the scraparket and use the original airbag from your existing steering in your car. As, what I did is got the steering wheel without the airbag and replace it with my original airbag which was present in the car itself. As it fits in well, only unless you buy the steering of Octavia 3 as it has different steering and airbag design. Take care.
Where do have scrap market for skoda ?
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2016, 14:07   #37
BHPian

yet another blissfull VAG ownership coming to an end. I will miss you L&K. some key highlights of my ownership

1. absolutely nulear blast proof built. She is made solid from inside out.
2. Simply clever touches like easy removal of headlights, fog lamps.
3. Supreme ride quality both slow and high speed. (Michellin P3ST are the best tyres with right balance between comfort, mileage, noise and grip)
4. Super chiller AC in any weather. Believe it or not, i have felt chills @ 40 degrees in Delhi summer. I am not joking. (only catch - the car was parked in the basement parking to start of with and was exposed to 40 degress as soon as drove it out of the basement. Things take a bit longer, just longer not very long, when i tested with the car parked in direct sunlight). Obviously, you cannot beat the green house effect when parked in direct sunlight.

Some things i missed in L&K which drove me to upgrade
1. Rear bench was too upright (though the space was ok, the angle was too straight)
2. The 1Z family (Octavia 2, Octavia 2 Facelift) were showing age in design, especially with new skoda design language)

Some things which i will never get back in any other skoda I buy
1. 12 speaker "Skoda Sound" system was hell of a system. Being a moderate audiophile, I will miss this a lot but not more than the next point
2. Missile like acceleration with the ToT tune of 177 bhp and earth moving 420 NM ot torque. Though i can get this in any other 2.0 litre VAG engine but the Power to weight ratio of this car was just perfect. Not too light like MQB and not too heavy like 3T.
3. Flat bottom paddle shifter VRS steering was a dream to hold in hand.
4. Heated seats.

Some things which my next love has
1. Sunroof!
2. new design language, timeless design
3. Ooodles of space and supreme back seat
4. bi-Xenons!
5. Elegant and Rich interior with classy touches all around
6. Privacy screen for side windows (L&K had only rear screen)
7. Electric seats for both front passengers (L&K had just for the driver)
8. 2 extra airbags (6 in L&K vs 8 now)
9. LED drooling DRLs
10. Full LED Tail Lights
11. Twindoor rear Hatch with soft closing
12. Umbrella
13. Ambient lighting
14. KESSY - Keyless entry and Push Button start.

Last edited by newtonMeter : 30th October 2016 at 14:09.
newtonMeter is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote