Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd September 2015, 07:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black)

Excellent Review. Congrats on the new car. Wish you a Happy and Safe Ownership.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Need your inputs on the below listed points as per your experience with Aspire Titanium +:
  • Whether remote lock-unlock-Boot opener option is available on both the keys?
  • Titanium + was also missing Vanity mirrors for Passenger & Driver
  • Did you checked on feasibility to get another Ford supplied Flip Key and configure with Aspire?
  • Did you inquired about Reverse Camera with IRVM LCD Display from available list of Ford Accessories?
  • Do you require Reverse camera in your Aspire as per your current experience?
- The second key is a plain jane key with not electronics. It is not even a flip key.
- There are vanity mirrors in both the sun visors. Please check pictures I shared in the review.
- My old Ford Figo's spare key with remote lock feature costed Rs. 3500. I have not checked what will be the cost of an extra Ford MyKey as I do not need one at this time.
- Reverse Camera in IVRM LCD display costs Rs. 11,000. Reverse camera + Navigation in IVRM display costs Rs. 29,000
- I do not need a reverse camera or sensors and so far the need has not arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
loved everything except that key hole in its boot which looks very cheap
What does Economy mode ON/OFF do?
- The key hole might be a safety feature I think just like the boot release string in the inside of the boot. Most western countries have it as mandatory according to some members here.
- The Economy mode when switched on, a large green arrow lights up just under the tachometer every time the car software wants to suggest you to up-shift or down-shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunjanArora View Post
...disappointed by the 1.2L petrol, feel the engine isn't as frugal as I would have liked... Ecosport ecoboost have driven it before, the sheer contrast is making my heart now trying to convince my mind to spend those extra 2 lakhs!!
The petrol Ecoboost is a solid engine and worth the extra money. If I may suggest, just wait a little longer and you might see some more Ecoboost variants coming to Indian shores in other Fords. Currently, they are more focused on Diesels here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Mathur View Post
Did you check out the automatic when took a test drive? Any reasons you didn't go for it?
About your car, it is noisy during normal city driving or only when revved hard?
I have written a detailed report on the TD of both variants here (Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire).
The car is not noisy in city driving and the NVH levels are great. It is a pleasure to listen to the music system (SYNC in my case), in the city.
witwiky is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 17:07   #78
BHPian

Default Re: The Not So Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
The sides of the rear seats have fabric, not leather. I donít know the logic
I guess the leather would make a squeaky noise while rubbing against the plastic parts. But yeah, haven't seen this in other cars.
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 18:51   #79
BHPian

That was the most detailed review I have seen of the Figo Aspire on the internet. Great job !
My Wife and I are planning to get ourselves a new car and with this review, the Figo Aspire makes it to the top three, the other two being Polo GT twins.

We started off considering the Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz, Nissan Micra until we heard news of the Figo Aspire launch "by accident" (no thanks to Ford Marketing here). When the prices were announced we were all of a sudden looking at this compact sedan as our next getaway car.
Kings_Wit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 19:16   #80
BHPian

Congrats on a fantastic car and will be looking to feed off you when I deal with them for my purchase of the Figo (plausible!)

Had a noob question, have you figured out a way to have the auto folding mirrors retract and open with the ignition? I drove my father's Camry and it looks rather swanky.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 09:35   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Congrats on your new car. They say Honda Amaze has the best proportions among all compact sedans, but now this Ford has the best proportions among all compact sedans in the market.

Yes. Beige interiors look clean even with a layer of dust, no so with black. Even the tiniest spec of dust will look like an eye sore on black upholstery. Same goes for exterior, light color exterior like white and silver covers up slight dust and scratches than dark colors.
I have a Moon "Dust" Silver Figo with Black and red art vinly leather covers, and it's been about 5.5 years. The silver as you rightly said covers up exterior dirt/dust very well and was the most easiest to maintain. Especially after a detailing it looked like i just took delivery of a new car
On the other hand the dark interiors somehow never showed any layer of dust in all these years !
Well i have now booked a Smoke Grey 1.5 D Tit + Aspire ( which is the complete opposite of the color combination i have now - Dark exterior and Beige interiors ) Let me see how the maintenance is.
John Jacob13128 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 16:52   #82
BHPian

Congrats and Happy Mile Munching

I really appreciate the details in an ownership review and again another ownership review before Official review, dampening the expecations and eagerness for official review
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2015, 08:56   #83
BHPian

witwiky..Could you please post a picture similar to the 1st picture that you posted under the section "Some exterior pictures:". That particular picture was in black and white mode.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2015, 15:29   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Had a noob question, have you figured out a way to have the auto folding mirrors retract and open with the ignition? I drove my father's Camry and it looks rather swanky.
There is no way to change the settings of foldable mirrors. They open and close by flicking the mirror adjustment joystick down.
There is a bug I noticed though, when the mirrors are folded with hand, manually, as was the case with one stupid parking guy, when I try to open the mirror with the switch, it does not know that the mirrors are already closed and hence they try to close again making a clicking sound till the motors stop trying to further close them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
witwiky..Could you please post a picture similar to the 1st picture that you posted under the section "Some exterior pictures:". That particular picture was in black and white mode.
Sorry sir, the original picture I had, I modified to black and white.

Update: Have driven 2600 kms so far. 600 kms of them on the highway. The tank full - to tank full method of measuring FE, gave me the following figures: 14.9 to 16.3 kmpl in city driving B2B traffic. 17.1 kmpl on highway driving.

The engine feels restrained at 120 kmph / 2.5k rpm, which was the normal driving range in my Figo. Please note: these readings are on upsized tires of 15" alloys so the variance/ error in readings could be as high as 3%.

The first servicing at 2500 km is also done, the cost of the servicing was 0 Rs. and except for washing and checking all the moving parts and lubricants, nothing much was done at this time.

The cabin continues to be silent as it was before and apart from a mild clatter of empty plastic bottles from the door cubby holes, car is silent even when going over harsh potholes.

Here is a picture of car covered in dirt next to the Udaipur lake:
My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black)-dsc03463.jpg

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th September 2015 at 16:19. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
witwiky is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2015, 15:40   #85
BHPian

Already Logged 2600 !!! That was quick...The car looks quite elegant with the lake in the background.

BTW how does aspire handle bad patches on the highway!!!
Old 18th September 2015, 15:59   #86
BHPian

Quote:

Update: Have driven 2600 kms so far. 600 kms of them on the highway. The tank full - to tank full method of measuring FE, gave me the following figures: 14.9 to 16.3 kmpl in city driving B2B traffic. 17.1 kmpl on highway driving.

The engine feels restrained at 120 kmph / 2.5k rpm, which was the normal driving range in my Figo. Please note: these readings are on upsized tires of 15" alloys so the variance/ error in readings could be as high as 3%.

The first servicing at 2500 km is also done, the cost of the servicing was 0 Rs. and except for washing and checking all the moving parts and lubricants, nothing much was done at this time.

The cabin continues to be silent as it was before and apart from a mild clatter of empty plastic bottles from the door cubby holes, car is silent even when going over harsh potholes.

Here is a picture of car covered in dirt next to the Udaipur lake:
Attachment 1416515

@ Witwiky
Really good to know that you are enjoying the drives with Aspire. Silent cabin during highway drive is one of the feature required to enjoy the drive.
  • How about the Highway capability in terms of driving & stability when compared with your earlier Figo?
  • How is the comfort factor of seats on highway drives?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th September 2015 at 16:20. Reason: Quoted post edited.
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2015, 16:17   #87
BHPian

Great choice if alloys I must say. The car looks really good with them along with the 15 inchers.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th September 2015 at 16:20. Reason: Removed the part concerning speeding.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 09:32   #88
BHPian

Post Re: My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black)

The ford figo official review mentions 195/55 R15 as the appropriate size for Aspire. Did you consider this option? Any reason for opting for 185/60?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th September 2015 at 09:39. Reason: u > you.
Old 28th September 2015, 13:23   #89
BHPian

Quote:
how does aspire handle bad patches on the highway!!!
The Aspire is well grounded and breezes over moderate potholes quite well. For speed bumps and large pot holes, you will need to bring the car to dead slow speeds. However, once or twice i missed seeing those illegal speed bumps in the dark and the car went over it at speeds more than I wanted. The braking has improved a lot since I have clocked Kms, but the bumps are harsh not to mention the heartburn to see the car take the beating. :(
Also, please note that the Michelin XM2's (which this car has) make a lot of difference to the absorbing bad patches vs. the OEM supplied tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
  • How about the Highway capability in terms of driving & stability when compared with your earlier Figo?
  • How is the comfort factor of seats on highway drives?
Compared to Figo, Aspire feels a little less stable above very high speeds. The main reason being the ground clearance between the two cars.
I have only driven the car sitting in driver seat and the seats are more comfortable than the Figo's, especially the lower back support. The rear seats have less under thigh support and might be an irritant for long drives.
There is some fabric color that has transferred onto the leatherette from my denims after driving 5 - 7 hours at a stretch. More on that later.

Quote:
The ford figo official review mentions 195/55 R15 as the appropriate size for Aspire. Did you consider this option? Any reason for opting for 185/60?
I did consider that option but my intention was to also cover the wheel arches adequately to make the car look proportionate, hence the upgrade.
witwiky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 13:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I did consider that option but my intention was to also cover the wheel arches adequately to make the car look proportionate, hence the upgrade.
Did the Dealer convey to you that the warranty will become void on doing so?
dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote