Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th October 2015, 08:54   #286
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My Pre-Worshipped Beast

GTO Sorry for the side track of the post ,

Leela Hotels Bangalore has 15 530D, white color, all black board for sale, Ka Life tax paid, 2011 model cars all done approx 1lakh. Any BHPIANs to pool?

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2015 at 08:34. Reason: Language
Rovergen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2015, 08:38   #287
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualdanger View Post
Yes, pricing is largely similar. There are some differences, and some models are comparatively cheaper, but mostly its the same.
Interesting, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Leela Hotels Bangalore has 15 530D, white color, all black board for sale, Ka Life tax paid, 2011 model cars all done approx 1 lakh. Any BHPIANs to pool?
What's the pricing like? You sure they are 530ds? Asking because the cheaper 520d makes so much more sense for hotels.

Either ways, wouldn't recommend any BHPian to check these out unless they are at a throwaway price.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 08:51   #288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What's the pricing like? You sure they are 530ds? Asking because the cheaper 520d makes so much more sense for hotels.

Either ways, wouldn't recommend any BHPian to check these out unless they are at a throwaway price.
They are 520d's. To be fair, they are well driven but stop-start traffic + high miles means they should be at a priced so that the owner can write it off when the transmission or some major component fails
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 09:28   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Curious to know your thoughts behind this. Is it because they have clocked 1L km or because they are Hotel cars?

Generally I have observed that the Leela Hotel cars are driven very sedately Being a 7 * hotel, I assume more often than not the cars will be carrying high profile folks, which could be the reason for the careful driving.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 11:13   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Leela Hotels Bangalore has 15 530D, white color, all black board for sale, Ka Life tax paid, 2011 model cars all done approx 1lakh. Any BHPIANs to pool?
Going by the Leela Mumbai, they will be 520d's. And not normally specced, but stripped down. They don't have xenon lights, or a sunroof. IMO its not worth it.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 12:24   #291
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Curious to know your thoughts behind this. Is it because they have clocked 1L km or because they are Hotel cars?
Both.

I don't mind owning a car up to 2 lakh kms, but that's if the high miles are of my own driving. If I'm buying a used car, my personal limit is 40,000 kms on the odo (50,000 if I really like it).

Just not comfortable buying a used car with 100,000 kms on the odo. Sure, if you put a gun to my head, I'll pick an Innova with 1 lakh kms, but no way am I buying a used European with such high mileage.

Even if the car was driven by a slow & safe grandmother, the car itself is too complex and all parts have a definite life. Give me an E60 525d / 530d with 50,000 kms for the same / lesser money instead of an F10 with twice that reading.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 08:30   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan View Post
Actually this is one of my favorite feature. BMW's voice recognition is IMHO better than Siri/Cortana or Google.
It's been more than a month and I really never found it obey my words. It's either my accent which the system doesn't recognise or my old school habits which still makes me use the ICE and other controls. I don't find it useful.

Don't get me wrong, Google, IMO, holds the trump card in voice recognition.
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 09:43   #293
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
my old school habits
Likewise! I'm not a fan of voice commands or touchscreens.

I don't like voice commands because it would interrupt the music (which is always on). And touchscreens? This thread says it all - link.
Old 20th October 2015, 19:29   #294
Senior - BHPian

How could I miss such a wonderful thread about such a wonderful automobile.

To be honest, this can't be called an ownership thread, its one of a kind Encyclopedia about 530d M-Sport. Am sure not a single executive in BMW would be knowing much about the car.

BMW should actually be paying you for being such a nice brand ambassador of their car at least on this forum.

I was kinda sure that you won't be choosing Merc again with your previous experience from which you still haven't recovered IMHO.

Heartfelt Congrats.

Last edited by carwatcher : 20th October 2015 at 19:31.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 11:23   #295
BHPian

These are pics of my F10....I noticed the Indian version doesn't get the extra 12v power sockets. So here are the pics of the extra 12v sockets you get in the Singapore version of the F10 in addition to the normal 2 sockets in the cupholder area and rear passenger compartment

Some more pics of my F10 showing the controls for the split fold seats, comfort access and other random pictures
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image10.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image14.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image15.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image11.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image12.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image13.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image16.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image17.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image18.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image19.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image20.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image21.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image3.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th October 2015 at 11:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
KARR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 08:53   #296
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARR View Post
Some more pics of my F10 showing the controls for the split fold seats, comfort access and other random pictures
Thanks! First time I'm seeing detailed pics of all these.

From the list, what I really miss is pure keyless entry. Everything else is 'nice to have'. But pure keyless entry is a must-have. No clue what the dimwits were thinking when they gave us the regular door handles instead.
Old 27th October 2015, 08:59   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

From the list, what I really miss is pure keyless entry. Everything else is 'nice to have'. But pure keyless entry is a must-have. No clue what the dimwits were thinking when they gave us the regular door handles instead.
This is also the case in the S. You gotta unlock/lock the car physically by pressing the button on the remote. Once inside you can start the car by pushing the button. The users Manual says you just need to touch the door handles to unlock it when key is in your pocket, but this doesn't work.
It sure is annoying!
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 13:16   #298
BHPian

Quote:

I was told that a car thief can decode the frequency of the key (kept in the house) using some kind of decoder and use the same code to drive off the car without the real key.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 18:45   #299
BHPian

Yes the Keyless entry option makes a lot of sense when you couple it with the keyless start, you just don't have to touch the key at all. Just keep it in your pocket or purse and forget about it.

Made a video on how the keyless entry works and the auto truck lid mechanism. With comfort access you also get the ability to just wave the foot under the rear bumper and the trunk opens. Its extremely handy when ur hands are full and you want to open the trunk! You can see this in the video as well. Got the car coded so that the mirror closes every time the car is locked. Also got the BMW puddle lights installed from the BMW dealer. Looks sweet!!

Have also put in the video of our last F10 meet up for your viewing. We do island drives quite often here.

Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image22.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image23.jpeg  

KARR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 11:02   #300
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The users Manual says you just need to touch the door handles to unlock it when key is in your pocket, but this doesn't work.
In the S-Class . The user's manual is merely pointing out a feature that Mercedes has also deleted for India. Sucks that a Grand i10 has this awesome feature, but we don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
I was told that a car thief can decode the frequency of the key (kept in the house) using some kind of decoder and use the same code to drive off the car without the real key.
If that was the reason, they wouldn't offer it anywhere in the world, and not exclude it only for India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARR View Post
Made a video on how the keyless entry works and the auto truck lid mechanism.
Nice! Works on all doors.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote