Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st August 2017, 19:54   #796
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Thanks to GTO and this thread after a lot of search and dilemma finally bought a pre worshipped 5GT. Been a month and after various checks and diagnosis the car is in good health with few minor corrections and since I purchased from KUN got a 1 yr warranty as well.

Was on the verge of getting a 2016 525D. Before finalizing went through this thread and thought ill wait for few more weeks for a 530D. God has a plan, I didn't have to wait that long, 2 days later came across a 5GT, within a week finalized the deal and brought the monster home.

The rush of the 4 Cylinder 2L engine is no way near what the 6 cylinder 3L has to offer on a heavier and slightly higher body of GT. Thanks to GTO and others who contributed for this thread. We are enjoying everything of the car (except the rear).
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 20:02   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
God has a plan, I didn't have to wait that long, 2 days later came across a 5GT, within a week finalized the deal and brought the monster home.

The rush of the 4 Cylinder 2L engine is no way near what the 6 cylinder 3L has to offer on a heavier and slightly higher body of GT. Thanks to GTO and others who contributed for this thread. We are enjoying everything of the car (except the rear).
5GT with a 2L engine? what model year is it? The 5 GT was CBU with 3L engines.
Maverick5490 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 20:07   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
5GT with a 2L engine? what model year is it? The 5 GT was CBU with 3L engines.
5GT's were with 3L engines only in India. I was comparing it with a used 2016 525D which has a 2L engine. My bad. Should have made the post elaborate
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:05   #799
Senior - BHPian

I generally tend to own my car for as long as possible unless they've outlived their purpose. I sometimes wonder whether I would own my 3GT within my 5 year warranty (the price for 6th year just seems TOO much particularly since I got BSI till year 5).

If I do own it beyond warranty, where would mumbai owners suggest I carry out major and minor maintenance. At BMW A.S.S. or at aftermarket service stations (and which one if anyone has reccos).

The only reason for me to sell the BMW at end of warranty would be ongoing upkeep costs so if there is a way to reliably enjoy the car without outrageous cash burn I'd be open to the prospect.

Thanks
Axe77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:26   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
At BMW A.S.S. or at aftermarket service stations
Definitely at a known FNG. Bombay has quite a few of them and they do a wonderful job. Also, most spares if not all can be ordered online via reputed international suppliers at prices cheaper than the FNG too. If you are a fan of DIY, a lot of labor costs can be saved. Changing oils, cleaning and replacing brake pads, electrical maintenance...the list is long.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 13:42   #801
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I generally tend to own my car for as long as possible unless they've outlived their purpose. I sometimes wonder whether I would own my 3GT within my 5 year warranty (the price for 6th year just seems TOO much particularly since I got BSI till year 5).
Your car is only 2 years old . Wait for it to hit its 5th birthday, then we'll talk.

Yes, these cars aren't cheap to own at all. I've owned Germans before and some bills still raise my eyebrows (e.g. the tyre cost). But the driving pleasure they offer is unparalleled.

Also, whatever the case, retaining your car & repairing it will always be cheaper than replacing it with a new one - link (Want to sell your car because of repairs? Think again!).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote