Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th May 2016, 16:00   #136
BHPian

Default Re: My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post

1) I am looking 1.6 alpha , my biggest concern is will this car be discontinued ?
2) As there was issue with breaking , if i buy now , i think i have to be absolutely sure that they are not giving me an alpha from old stock ?
3) any noida owners , as if i select this car then i will be buying it in Noida.
4) Ground clearance - is it sufficient enough? what has been your experience in bad roads.
5) Is there anything i should look out for or bargain out ? i am going to showroom this weekend for a TD.
1. Not sure. I am not Maruti top official, but the fact is that Maruti will support this product and given that 1.6 is a brilliant car, even if things change, the changes are likely that 1.6 diesel will not be offered in S-Cross but instead, offered in Grand Vitara. So the engine and its parts supply should continue.

2. Yes. But even then if you purchase an old stock, get it replaced under warranty. My car is getting done now.

3. Pass

4. Ground clearance is excellent. 180 mm of GC has been excellent for me so far. Once I took the car off a steep slope on the Bangalore Mysore highway to avoid a long pile up. The car did it with ease and I have had zero scrapes in Bangalore. I guess if it survives in Bangalore city, it's good for almost all other cities.

5. Always, try to get some nice accessories like the folder, scuff plates or something else you like and also available.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 17:00   #137
BHPian

Hi Sudeep,

Thanks for replying back. I will be going this weekend for a TD , Will update my experience here in noida showroom.

Thanks
Tanmay
madaboutCARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 19:55   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
I am following all the S cross threads here. Back in 2007 i brought Chevrolet Aveo (Mysore) which i used for 7 years . Although the car was not a hit in market but it was good enough for me and i enjoyed it thoroughly.

Now the situation is that I am again in lookout for a new car : Although my first choice was creta but i came across s-cross threads which made me change my mind.

I want to ask few questions , will really appreciate if the owners can give some answers:

1) I am looking 1.6 alpha , my biggest concern is will this car be discontinued ?
2) As there was issue with breaking , if i buy now , i think i have to be absolutely sure that they are not giving me an alpha from old stock ?
3) any noida owners , as if i select this car then i will be buying it in Noida.
4) Ground clearance - is it sufficient enough? what has been your experience in bad roads.
5) Is there anything i should look out for or bargain out ? i am going to showroom this weekend for a TD.

Kindly help me with this questions, thanks in advance
Tanmay
Sorry for the late reply
1. Whether discontinued or not, Its still a Maruti. Support will be aplenty. 1.6 DDIS might debut in the "grand vitara" if it launches in India and Jeep Renegede.
2. Brakes are superb. Its basically a cylinder problem, which they have rectified. New cars will not be affected. Having all discs gives great confidence.
3. Pass
4. GC for me is sufficient. It tackles all potholed roads and speed breakers. I have not scraped the front even once.
5. I dont think so.
sandygordon is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2016, 17:23   #139
BHPian

Default My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha

15000km service update
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-s-cross-1.jpg
There is no 15000km service recommended by Maruti
However the brake caliper work needed to be done. Hence took the hippo for it along with the "service". Took the nexa voucher alongwith.

Nexa maintanence programme
The maintenance programme for free will be applied only for those whose milage is below 10000km by January 2016. Hippo had already crossed 10000 by that time. So the Maruti system could not apply the 20,000km maintenance pack on my car. The SA communicated to Maruti regarding this. I was offered the 60000 km maintenance free pack for an additional Rs 3475/-. According to him the 20000km maintenance pack is 11k worth and 60000km pack is 15k worth. So I paid the amount and upgraded to 60k km pack. The brake work and full check up along with body wash was done free of cost.

Ever since the brake caliper work the braking has become a bit spongy. Feels like the brakes have lost 10% of the bite. Took the hippo for a long drive and I found the brakes satisfactory.

The long drive - COK - BLR and back 1200km
Went through some awesome highways (toll ways :eek). Took the remapped hippo to some good speeds. The 0-100 came in 12 seconds and I was very happy with that. 100-120 kmph times were also better than before. The much complained steering vibrations came 10kmph above the speeds discussed in the forum. Did not keep the car in those speeds as I felt it to be unsafe. High speeds were not felt by the occupants. It might be true that S cross masks the speeds but at speeds when engine is doing 3200 rpm @ 5th gear some engine vibrations are felt through pedals. It was like a smooth sail with the rudders fighting like frenzy. I missed the 1.6 at those speeds. (May be a next upgrade to that engine) But at the end of the day was satisfied by the drive and did not feel my car to be under powered except when vtecs, 1.6 hyundais and germans zoomed past.

Last edited by sandygordon : 5th June 2016 at 17:33.
sandygordon is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:26   #140
BHPian

20000km service coming up next week
Everything is going well
Have to fix some dashboard rattles

My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-2.jpg
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-1.jpg

Shall update on service experience
sandygordon is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 07:29   #141
BHPian

Default 20000km Service update - SHODDY JOB BY SAI NEXA EDAPALLY

A shoddy job by Sai Service Nexa Edapally, Cochin

Had reserved for 20000km service one week back
A lady, ie customer care manager had called me a week before and fixed up a time at 2 pm on 08-sep 2016. I had no confirmation calls or messages. When I called again, I was asked to bring the car at 2pm.

Messaged the RM regarding the lack of confirmaion from SA. He resassured me and replied that he would inform the service team.

Called Sai Nexa on the morning of 08-09-2016. Another lady took the call and told me that she had no info on the service scheduled. Anyways I was asked to send the car at 2pm. The SA then said that he would not be able to finish the job on that day and sad that he would return the car only the next day at 11am. As I had to use the car in the morning I requested them to finish the job ASAP.

They did a good job of fixing the rattles. They changed the oil filter. Oil change option was not asked and filled the engine with 5W30 from castrol. I said I was given the option of synthetic at 10000km service. The SA who was not aware of that said that only 5W30 is being filled at the service station for 1.3 cars. He behaved as if my schedule was squeezed into a fully packed workflow and he was doing a favour by finishing the work on that day.

No wash was done. He said he had a lot of cars to finish on that day and hence could not finish wash. I insisted that I need the car washed. He said that he could give me the car washed only on the next day.

So much for a premium experience from NEXA

At 6 30 pm I took a shoddy car, filled with carbon crap on the carpets and smudged finger marks on the body. I give a score of 1/10 for the shoddy work done and the total "unprofessionalism" shown by the customer care manager for not slotting my car and informing the service in advance. The one point is for fixing the rattles.

They gave me only a pre invoice as I was covered under maintenance package. No labour charge was levied.

Break up as follows
Oil Filter Rs 390
Olug Assy Oil Drain Rs 85
Balance weights Rs 176
Coolant (SG) Non Amine Rs 855
Brake Fluid 500ml GC1500AA Rs 375
Fuel Filter Rs 1254
MGDO (5W30) Castrol Rs 1705
Labour Charges Rs 0 (60k Maintenance pack)

Total: Rs 4305/- (Including VAT)
No wash on that day. Was to bring the car down some other day and contact the SA for the same

Time to check out popular NEXA, Cochin
Old 12th September 2016, 07:56   #142
BHPian

Default Re: 20000km Service update - SHODDY JOB BY SAI NEXA EDAPALLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

So much for a premium experience from NEXA

At 6 30 pm I took a shoddy car, filled with carbon crap on the carpets and smudged finger marks on the body. I give a score of 1/10 for the shoddy work done and the total "unprofessionalism" shown by the customer care manager for not slotting my car and informing the service in advance. The one point is for fixing the rattles.

They gave me only a pre invoice as I was covered under maintenance package. No labour charge was levied.

Break up as follows
Oil Filter Rs 390
Olug Assy Oil Drain Rs 85
Balance weights Rs 176
Coolant (SG) Non Amine Rs 855
Brake Fluid 500ml GC1500AA Rs 375
Fuel Filter Rs 1254
MGDO (5W30) Castrol Rs 1705
Labour Charges Rs 0 (60k Maintenance pack)

Total: Rs 4305/- (Including VAT)
No wash on that day. Was to bring the car down some other day and contact the SA for the same

Time to check out popular NEXA, Cochin
Agreed SandyGordon- The so called premium experience ends with the time we take our car out of the showroom. There is no follow up from the respective dealer service teams for the service. For my first service I went and handed over to another dealer where I was servicing my Dzire and they took the car for service without any prior appointments. However as I read in various posts that there is a dedicated service bay for Nexa cars are not to be seen here The regular Maruthi sales and service are better any day!
Ananthc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 08:21   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There should be no such fears, Maruti Suzuki has just imported 252, 1.6 MJD engines !
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 17:00   #144
BHPian

Default The Sai Redemption

Quote:
I mailed the above complaints @nexaexperience
Corrective action was done two days later
Senior service manager at Sai Nexa called me and apologised for the mix up
He offered to send one guy to office to pick up the car and deliver it after the wash free of cost. He also offered free wax polishing.

They delivered a clean shining car by the evening.
I thanked him for this gesture
Moreover as I have Nexa maintanence pack till 60k km there would be no labor charges.

He gave his personal no and asked me to give him a ring for any service related issues.
sandygordon is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2016, 22:17   #145
BHPian

Hi Sandy, What is the tyre pressure you are maintaining after the upgrade to 225/55R16 ?
Sree73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 10:24   #146
BHPian

I maintain 31psi for bad city roads and 33 to 34 psi for long highway runs
Old 5th May 2017, 00:40   #147
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
I am planning to buy a new car and confused between Scross (1.3/1.6), Ecosport TDCI Titanium, Vento TDI DSG Comfortline and lastly Duster AMT Diesel 110 PS. One question around Scross 1.3 is if it performs fine with full load with full boot and is it too noisy? I am comparing this specific scenario with Ecosport. I know this is not a problem with the other options I specified?
If experts could please help answer this and also suggest which one to choose?
Thanks.
SpoiledBratt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 19:27   #148
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Sai Redemption

Quote:
I mailed the above complaints @nexaexperience
Corrective action was done two days later
Senior service manager at Sai Nexa called me and apologised for the mix up
He offered to send one guy to office to pick up the car and deliver it after the wash free of cost. He also offered free wax polishing.

They delivered a clean shining car by the evening.
I thanked him for this gesture
Moreover as I have Nexa maintanence pack till 60k km there would be no labor charges.

He gave his personal no and asked me to give him a ring for any service related issues.
That is what sets MS apart. A simple feedback form is enough to rattle the whole service center. Emailing or complaining to the customer care department is kind of a next step.

Compare this to the other brands where feedback form is a joke, emails or calls to customer care get automated responses and not much else. Basically, it boils down to your rapport with the service center - so a consistent experience is often not guaranteed across the outlets.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote