Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th June 2017, 22:59   #151
BHPian

Default Re: My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Hi sandygordon, your hippo looks ravishing and has been maintained well.

Did you ever have regrets of choosing Caffeine Brown, while maintaining the car? Correct me if I am wrong, white and silver are relatively easier to maintain. I am asking this as my heart says Caffeine Brown, but the mind is pushing me towards Premium Silver or Arctic White

I have no regrets on choosing the caffeine brown, as I have always felt that s cross looks better in darker shades (my personal opinion). Blue and Brown are exclusive to s cross. In my opinion it looks as good as a brown on the duster, much better than the darker ciaz / maruti brown. I feel the claddings on the sides takes up a lot of space and lighter shaded cars appear too boring / flat / dual tone for me.

Brown is difficult to maintain. I ensure that I ask Nexa to wax polish my car as part of service every 10 k km. NEXA here does a good job with wax polishing and I feel it is much more economical to do that than spending on 3M work. More over with the maintenance cost and protect package I will get labour charges waived off for 60k km.

Silver is easier to maintain, and the car looks bigger in silver. I like white as well. White was the color I chose for hippo's faster and smaller younger brother.

Figo is fast and easy to drive in town, but I am more comfortable on long distances in my remapped s cross any day. Nearing 34k km in less than tw years.

Hippo with his younger brother : The White gazelle.. My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-hipppo.jpg
sandygordon is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 19:18   #152
BHPian

Default Re: My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I have no regrets on choosing the caffeine brown, as I have always felt that s cross looks better in darker shades (my personal opinion). Blue and Brown are exclusive to s cross. In my opinion it looks as good as a brown on the duster, much better than the darker ciaz / maruti brown. I feel the claddings on the sides takes up a lot of space and lighter shaded cars appear too boring / flat / dual tone for me.

Brown is difficult to maintain. I ensure that I ask Nexa to wax polish my car as part of service every 10 k km. NEXA here does a good job with wax polishing and I feel it is much more economical to do that than spending on 3M work. More over with the maintenance cost and protect package I will get labour charges waived off for 60k km.

Silver is easier to maintain, and the car looks bigger in silver. I like white as well. White was the color I chose for hippo's faster and smaller younger brother.

Figo is fast and easy to drive in town, but I am more comfortable on long distances in my remapped s cross any day. Nearing 34k km in less than tw years.

Hippo with his younger brother : The White gazelle.. Attachment 1648135
Your Hippo is truly a 'Love-at-first-sight' stuff (I'm straight but just couldn't find a better way to express my admiration for your car).

I closed my purchase last week. Bought Alpha 1.3 in premium-silver, though it was my third choice after brown and white. Buying experience thread coming soon..
torquehead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote