Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th September 2015, 16:20   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi

Nice review. Couldn't agree more on this line of your's
"Of all the cars i have owned so far, only Linea and Fiesta wrap around you and connect to you"
One of my ex-colleague had got the new Fiesta (the first ones) and she felt very nice in the inside. When my brother bought his Linea, we test drove the Honda City and Verna, but none of them had that feel of connection between the driver and the car as a whole (not just the driving dynamics)

In my opinion, a car is great when you know she is aging and despite having newer options coming up you just don't feel like letting 'her' go !
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 16:35   #32
BHPian

Great review Coolboy, rated 5 stars. I am sure Harpreet ford must have given you a great deal considering the low demand of such a nice but poorly marketed car. Many compliments too the fact that you understand your need and requirements of having a comfortable seating etc. and are not affected by the judgement of others on brand name, model etc. Ultimately as a driver, we feel good by the car we drive and not the silly thoughts of "Log kya kahenge" factor.
All the best. Drive Safe.
Thanks
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 16:50   #33
MSC
BANNED

YFord does makes one of the most fun inducing cars in India. Every time you get behind the wheel, it induces a wild grin.
But dont know whats problem with Ford. They have made the Aston Martin grill and Nokia cell phone inspired console a standard in all its vehicles. Fiesta, Ecosport ,now Aspire and if I am not wrong, the new Figo too bears same lines.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 16:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Isn't there an adage for petrolheads that goes: 'If you don't turn around to steal a glance when you park it and walk away, you've bought the wrong one!' or something on those lines?

I don't think you'll ever be able to walk away from this one without another look, and the silly grin plastered on your face as you do so will always remind the petrolhead in you why this car is NOT JUST A CAR!

for both the purchase and the review!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th September 2015 at 16:54.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 18:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Nice garage- Linea, Vento and the Fiesta. You are the complete opposite to what is expected of an Indian car buyer. If you were a typical Indian buyer, that garage would have been City, Verna and Ciaz
Thanks Rajeevraj, your observations about a typical indian buyer are correct and i can not even imagine the 3 cars listed by you in my garage , these top 3 c segment sellers are not meant for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Read recently that Ford has sold 4k-5k Aspires in August. Hope it is correct. I cannot help feeling that in showrooms if Ford just had make Fiesta stand by the side of Aspire, would have sold 400-500 Fiesta without much effort.
That is what i was wondering but the management has other plans and see no point in continuing selling this car in double digit numbers, Ford always concentrates on 1 product and then neglects the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control2freak View Post
hey coolboy, just went through your excellent review, rated a well deserved 5 stars. I also have a Fiesta, although a 2013 model. Was wondering, have you hooked up an OBD scanner to your Fiesta? I had a question, so if you have one and can verify one thing for me, I would be greatful.
Thanks
Thanks buddy, i do have a basic OBD scanner (the ones you get on ebay) but have the basic torque app on my phone. Let me know what you want to check and i will be more than happy to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
In my opinion, a car is great when you know she is aging and despite having newer options coming up you just don't feel like letting 'her' go !
Thanks Ninja and what you say is absolutely true. Our Linea has clocked over 60k kms but i get angry whenever some one talks of letting it go, it works like it was on day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Great review Coolboy, rated 5 stars. I am sure Harpreet ford must have given you a great deal considering the low demand of such a nice but poorly marketed car.
Thanks
Thanks ShankarG, Harpreet Ford did not offer me a good deal but this car was priced at a very low 9.30 ex showroom Delhi when it was launched and i lapped it up, i had expected some discounts when i walked in but then i realized it was pretty vfm already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
for both the purchase and the review!
Thanks, once you start liking some thing from your heart then you do ignore other factors , the moment i had a test drive of this car, i knew i was buying this only so other factors were irrelevant.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 20:10   #36
BHPian

Excellent review Coolboy and congrats on your new set of wheels.
Coming to the service costs topic, I would like to mention: The service costs of Linea T-Jet are also very low and even the service interval is 1 year or 15,000 Kms , making it extremely cheap to maintain and own compared to even a Dzire probably. And I must admit, the car is loads of fun to drive even after 4 years of buying, it gives the same adrenaline rush even today when you hit that sweet turbo mark.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 20:57   #37

Thank you for your prompt reply. I also have an ELM 327 supermini bluetooth device. (the blue colored one.) and the torque pro app. Could you please check whether you get on your torque app the data for -
1. Fuel level
2. Distance to empty
3. Average fuel consumption (instant and long term)
Mine doesn't show, whatever the settings I apply.
I have tried so many ways that I have become proficient with the torque app.
Again, a humble thanks for your kind gesture.
Control2freak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 21:39   #38
BHPian

Good decision made there. As a City owner, I couldn't have agreed more, the Fiesta is an amazing car. Do slowdown at some uneven roads though,i did manage to scrape it in 5 mins of driving. And I feel that you shouldn't worry about resale,with NGT ban,not even the Idtec can be worth much after 7 years.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 05:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

Default My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Excellent review Coolboy and congrats on your new set of wheels.
Thanks xaero, i agree with you that the maintenance costs are extremely low for Linea as well. The rouine services never cross 4-5k and never had issues with spares or service. Just wish the TJet was there in 2009 as the NA 1.4 is lethargic, the car is a joy to drive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control2freak View Post
Again, a humble thanks for your kind gesture.
No problems buddy, give me a day and i will surely plug it in and see if mine shows anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge;
And I feel that you shouldn't worry about resale,with NGT ban,not even the Idtec can be worth much after 7 years.
Thanks, am surprised you hit the undebelly so easily. The front overhang does scrape but have not scraped the bottom anywhere yet, driving around with Linea (mine is the old one with low gc) has made me cautious it seems.

As for resale, if the ngt ban does come in as you say, i will get peanuts, really do not have high expectations in this department , i knew it would be bad and this is a car which am going to keep for a long long time.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 9th September 2015 at 05:45.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 17:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Just wish the TJet was there in 2009 a
Yes Coolboy, I was lucky that I did a TD for the T-Jet back then, with the cheque for the ANHC all ready and in the envelope to be delivered to the dealer. I still remember that day vividly, when I got behind the TD vehicle at Gurgaon and the smile I had on my face when I accelarated in the 2nd Gear and just decided to tear the cheque and write a new one. And I have not regretted the decision a pence since that day. Enjoy your new set of wheels though, I believe every car is unique in itself for sure.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 19:11   #41
BHPian

Wow, awesome review. You have summed up so well and it truly reflects what the car is all about. I am eagerly waiting for some one to complete remapping and post their experience before I could take the plunge. Thanks again for the lovely review.
k149in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 15:47   #42

Hi Rajat,

Just got my membership approved. Have been a regular reader of your Linea thread and will now surely follow this thread as well

Congrats on the new ride. Review rated a well deserved 5 stars.

p.s - Please update the Linea thread as well.
SaneLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 16:14   #43
BANNED

Hey @Coolboy, I remember your comment in another Figo Aspire thread when I was bashing the handling and build quality of Aspire.
Having to know that you own both Linea and Fiesta and voting for fiesta, I am getting restless to drive one of them.
Your fiesta interior talks quality, something which is missing is almost every single car these days in that price bracket.

I am a strong advocate of strong, safe and fun to drive cars and till date unable to fathom the 'resale' consideration by many people while purchasing a car. There is no point in saving money by resale if my family is unsafe or if I am not enjoying my car.
My Linea is 5 years old but it still gives me the same love-at-first-sight feel the moment I step in and press the gas. I can understand your love for fiesta since it has similar genes.
Unfortunately my weak knee quad is not letting me drive for longer distances.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 23:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
I am eagerly waiting for some one to complete remapping and post their experience before I could take the plunge. Thanks again for the lovely review.
Thanks buddy, i have already contacted code 6, tune o tronics and waiting to see what they come up with. Waiting for the car to clock 20k kms and then i will jump in and give the car more power/torque, some thing it truly deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneLane View Post
Just got my membership approved. Have been a regular reader of your Linea thread and will now surely follow this thread as well
Thanks and a special thank you for posting your first post on my thread. Welcome to team bhp sir and you are about to get addicted to this lovely forum full of auto enthusiasts

Quote:
p.s - Please update the Linea thread as well.
Thanks for reminding me, i will update that thread soon. Linea is doing just fine and serves its purpose beautifully. It goes on to do its duty without throwing any tantrums and all i have to do is to get a service done once a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Having to know that you own both Linea and Fiesta and voting for fiesta, I am getting restless to drive one of them.
Thanks speed pujari ( awesome handle sir), the car would not be seen at dealerships in future so you can come and drive mine when ever you come to Delhi, Ford have killed this lovely product and i wonder how tough it was to find 400-500 homes monthly with the right marketing. You own a T-Jet i guess and that car completely owns the Ford when it comes to engine, 1.4 T-Jet is too sweet an engine and you would not enjoy Ford's TDCi after experiencing the sweet turbo kick of your Fiat. When it comes to ride/handling, please drive a Fiesta and you would understand why i said it is a real Ford.

Quote:
I am a strong advocate of strong, safe and fun to drive cars and till date unable to fathom the 'resale' consideration by many people while purchasing a car. There is no point in saving money by resale if my family is unsafe or if I am not enjoying my car.
It is the same with me, i am happy getting a lac or two less 8 years down the line than risking my life and that of my family in a structurally unsafe car. Indian market does not agree with us and people here put "resale" as top priority but "safety" comes last.
Wish you tons of fun with your T-Jet and hope your knee gets better soon.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 10:32   #45
BHPian

Coolboy, you, along with a few more members in this club can put-on a LIMTED EDITION sticker on your Fiesta. It shall suit Fiesta more than anything else in this country for sometime. What an exclusive car this has become.

Advance Congratulations on completing a year with this marvelous piece of machine. Happy Driving!
viren83 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote