Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 11:12   #76
SJN
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 29
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Attachment 1427108
Attached is a pic of IRVM camera display (sorry for the poor pic quality)

There is no additional info on the display apart from the standard grid, brightness can be adjusted via power On/Off button. Daytime visibility is decent and not very bad but you may have to reduce brightness in harsh sunlight to adjust for contrast in order to get better view
Thanks KG for the pic. Does this snap-on to the OEM IRVM or it replaces the OEM IRVM completely? How is the visibility in low light? Also does it reduce the glare from other car's headlights at night (i.e. electrochromic)?
SJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 12:55   #77
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Thanks KG for the pic. Does this snap-on to the OEM IRVM or it replaces the OEM IRVM completely? How is the visibility in low light? Also does it reduce the glare from other car's headlights at night (i.e. electrochromic)?
This replaces OEM IRVM completely and low light visibility is acceptable, have not encountered glare issue while driving during night
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 14:40   #78
BHPian
 
Raja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 404
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
This replaces OEM IRVM completely and low light visibility is acceptable, have not encountered glare issue while driving during night
Hi,
Is the replacement mirror 'Electrochromic'? Or just regular glass with window for reverse camera display.
Thanks
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 14:23   #79
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Hi,
Is the replacement mirror 'Electrochromic'? Or just regular glass with window for reverse camera display.
Thanks
It is Electrochromic
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 18:23   #80
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Ford India Expands Retail Distribution of Genuine Parts; Appoints Distributor for Maharashtra & Goa

Ford was already expanding it's retail distribution network down south during the launch of Figo Aspire, now comes the good news for customers of Maharashtra & Goa , since the authorized distributor is located in Chinchwad hopefully Pune customers should not have much delay in getting authorized spare parts during service visits/repairs.

I am eager to check what kind of vehicle customization would be available for Aspire at Ford Vehicle Personalisation Centre, Renault also has offered similar kind of service for Kwid I suppose.

Read more here - http://www.motoroids.com/news/ford-i...harashtra-goa/
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 22:33   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 37
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Hello KreativeGeek from a fellow city BHPian ! Namaskar!

Firstly, Hearty Congratulations! The Figo Aspire is a great car and indeed looks stunning in the colour you have chosen, will definitely stand out in the crowd of white swift Dzires in our city.
I had almost zeroed in on this car (waiting for the Baleno for now) and hence followed your report very closely but always somehow forgot to post a reply due to busy schedules.
for the pic of the IRVM camera display, will definitely help many Figo/Aspire owners in deciding whether to buy this expensive accessory or not.

Wish you many happy years and miles with your new car.
Do keep us updated about your adventures with the car,after sales service experience,mods etc
HolyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 18:30   #82
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default

Returned from a 150 km expressway trip to Lonavala today, noticed a change with mileage indicator since past 2-3 days, during my drive to office at spots where I have to resort to idling in heavy traffic it does not show much drop or patches where I drive at leisure it does not register increase in mileage.

I was hoping to see some improvement in mileage during the expressway trip too, however the engine feels liberated and smooth. I had to tame my desire to control revving above 3K RPM, not advocating high speed driving but Aspire touches 140 kmph speed without much effort or heavy push on the pedal so I had to constantly moderate my driving style to keep it under 3 digit speeds.

I also feel it is time I check the Tyre pressure too, advisable psi level on stock wheels for single passenger driving is 30, should I go for 32 psi? Some advice here would be helpful and have to figure what's going on with the mileage over next week by close of October
KreativeGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 09:54   #83
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default

Spotted this Power Drift review, totally slick camera work and going by the way they have captured Aspire in those moving frames, they put Ford's Marketing strategy to shame

KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 11:07   #84
Newbie
 
aswin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Spotted this Power Drift review, totally slick camera work and going by the way they have captured Aspire in those moving frames, they put Ford's Marketing strategy to shame
I am in love with almost all PD videos. Adding to the creative themes for every review, the camera angles are simply wow!

Coming to a more relevant topic, i have booked Trend 1.2 TVCi a couple of weeks ago and will be taking delivery post Diwali (waiting period of a month is only by choice, dealer quoted a 2 week waiting period!).

Still two points are of major concern for me.
1. Build Quality, especially the way the door shuts! I am worried about the longevity of Aspire. I plan to keep my car for a minimum of 5 to 7 years. Any easier idea to improve the way the door shuts (without removing the door panels)?
2. Rear visibility: I found the ORVM to way too small which makes the city driving uncomfortable. How are you coping with this, especially in the city? Have you installed any convex blind spot mirrors on your ORVMs to circumvent this?

Aswin

Last edited by ampere : 29th October 2015 at 14:17. Reason: Removed Video link from quoted post
aswin88 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 13:29   #85
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin88 View Post
I am in love with almost all PD videos. Adding to the creative themes for every review, the camera angles are simply wow!

Coming to a more relevant topic, i have booked Trend 1.2 TVCi a couple of weeks ago and will be taking delivery post Diwali (waiting period of a month is only by choice, dealer quoted a 2 week waiting period!).

Still two points are of major concern for me.
1. Build Quality, especially the way the door shuts! I am worried about the longevity of Aspire. I plan to keep my car for a minimum of 5 to 7 years. Any easier idea to improve the way the door shuts (without removing the door panels)?
2. Rear visibility: I found the ORVM to way too small which makes the city driving uncomfortable. How are you coping with this, especially in the city? Have you installed any convex blind spot mirrors on your ORVMs to circumvent this
Aswin
I have purchased Aspire to retain it for almost the same period and when it comes to build quality I have stopped worrying about it much because the current gen cars are aiming to maximize fuel efficiency while also packing torque power, so unless some credible crash test results are out we can only guess and hope it is safe enough to drive and not a very compromising issue.

The front door of Aspire does give an assuring 'Thud' sound, it is the rear door and boot panel which feels unrealistically light and I have read some BHP'ians having same observation about the newly launched Baleno.

I would suggest checking with some credible car workshops who can add additional rubber padding maybe, however I am not an expert in this area so cannot suggest further.

Rear Visibility: I Initially thought ORVM mirrors to be too small, In fact I occasionally switch to driving my wife's i10 which gives me much better ORVM visibility and even IRVM view is good. but I have adjusted Aspire's ORVM's to field of vision that suit's my driving style and personally I do not find it stressful anymore to spare extra attention.

Close to completing 2 months without any instances of scraping/dent while driving in B2B peak hours office traffic *Touchwood* You can go for convex blind spot mirrors, again this depends on your preference.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 14:02   #86
Newbie
 
aswin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

I too agree on the build quality aspect especially after checking out Baleno. I felt that the sheet metal used in Baleno is a lot flimsier than the one used in Aspire & thus not contemplating anymore about canceling the booking. Hope Aspire lasts longer miles without any major hassles.

And for the rear visibility, i will decide whether the blind post mirrors are required after a month or so as it is a personal preference like you pointed out. Thanks!

PS: Already got the wheel covers from aliexpress & 3D mats from ebay. Very excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
I have purchased Aspire to retain it for almost the same period and when it comes to build quality I have stopped worrying about it much because the current gen cars are aiming to maximize fuel efficiency while also packing torque power, so unless some credible crash test results are out we can only guess and hope it is safe enough to drive and not a very compromising issue.

The front door of Aspire does give an assuring 'Thud' sound, it is the rear door and boot panel which feels unrealistically light and I have read some BHP'ians having same observation about the newly launched Baleno.

I would suggest checking with some credible car workshops who can add additional rubber padding maybe, however I am not an expert in this area so cannot suggest further.

Rear Visibility: I Initially thought ORVM mirrors to be too small, In fact I occasionally switch to driving my wife's i10 which gives me much better ORVM visibility and even IRVM view is good. but I have adjusted Aspire's ORVM's to field of vision that suit's my driving style and personally I do not find it stressful anymore to spare extra attention.

Close to completing 2 months without any instances of scraping/dent while driving in B2B peak hours office traffic *Touchwood* You can go for convex blind spot mirrors, again this depends on your preference.

Last edited by aswin88 : 29th October 2015 at 14:27.
aswin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2015, 22:23   #87
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1446309878224.jpg
The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1446309902249.jpg
Total distance travelled in October is 1270 kms, overall trip log distance covered 2406 kms. FE recorded between 18.5 to 19 kmpl this month which includes 150 km expressway drive to Lonavala and back, AC usage was between 60-70% during city drive.

Engine feels really charged up and raring to cross 3K RPM mark during highway drive. Controlling and taming this Diesel rocket in the 3 digit speed zone is a task because I can feel rev levels climbing quickly between 60-100 kmph range, 2nd level kicks in post this range up to 140 kmph. While driving in the city it reminds me of an SX4 TVC which has a punch line "For the Man in every Gentleman"



I don't mean to brag about Aspire as a sports machine or encourage rash driving but it provides a comforting ride for sedate drive and ready to turn the tables for kicking in the thrill of quick overtakes and sweet bursts of torque to pull through herd of traffic when required.

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1446309932840.jpg
The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1446309988899.jpg
Got a Eureka Forbes Aeroguard car air purifier too, sits well in the cubby hole like a large coffee cup. The new car smell from the plastics has started to fade away and circulating internal air with AC on for a longer duration does not smell stale anymore, however I do roll down windows few times to allow fresh air intake.

Gave my Aspire for first free servicing at Talera Ford Workshop today, had booked appointment a week in advance over call.

Talera Ford does not provide free/pick up drop and they charge Rs 150 for this service.I took the car myself to the service station, waiting period was negligible and I was attended by a service advisor in short time, he explained me all basic checks that would be done under first free service, one thing I noticed after getting printed copy of the job card that my car model was entered as Petrol 1.2 DCT version, servicing package for Duratec petrol, email ID was also incorrect

That's why I was wondering why did I not get any email from Ford after purchasing the car, also happened to meet the sales advisor today who handled my car delivery, this chap was eager to get a positive feedback from me so I told him about his goof up and he mentioned that their local data entry team could have messed up my records as they were reeling under heavy work load post back to back launches and also due to transition between Planet Ford to Sai Sakshi Ford.

I have also notified Service center team to follow up for my music unit replacement, servicing is done and my car is at the workshop tonight. They are waiting for a response from Sanand Plant on further procedure to be followed, also called up the engineer who visited me from Gujarat to check the Music unit issue. It may take another 10-15 days to close this, maybe after Diwali only now.

Service advisor told me that they would take out the head unit and send it back to Sanand and fit the new one once they receive replacement unit, I shot a mail to all these teams mentioning I am no way going to drive without listening to Music for 10-15 days, get the new HU and call me to change it in one day!
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:13   #88
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,015
Thanked: 6,048 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

That's some fantastic FE figures your getting. Iam stuck at the 17kmpl mark and I doubt if it will go any further than this figure but, iam not complaining at all

Can you give the cost break up of your first service? Did you change the oil or would you like to wait until 10,000kms?

Also iam curious to know till what rpm have you revved the car until now?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 15:09   #89
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's some fantastic FE figures your getting. Iam stuck at the 17kmpl mark and I doubt if it will go any further than this figure but, iam not complaining at all

Can you give the cost break up of your first service? Did you change the oil or would you like to wait until 10,000kms?

Also I am curious to know till what rpm have you revved the car until now?
Zero charges paid for first servicing, I had asked service advisor about the oil change, he mentioned they would check existing level and top up if required, so did not go for oil change now. Planning to do it may be after 5K km running.

I have revved car up to 3.5K RPM max, that too during the recent Mumbai-Pune expressway trip, no grunting pressure felt on the engine at all. I was getting conscious of the speeding so had to tone done on spirited driving.

Additional things to mention after collecting car from the workshop yesterday:

Following checks were done on the first free service

Battery Condition
Brake Lining
Brake System
Exhaust System
Tyre Checking

1) Turn around time, advisor attitude was good, service center is operational on Sunday too so a welcome change for me, because Singh Motor's Chevrolet workshop used to be closed on Sunday's. There was a minor rattling sound heard from rear seat section on RHS side which was fixed, took a short drive with the Service advisor before collecting the bill.

2) I saw that they left shine polish spots on the seat covers and mats while applying it on the front dash and black plastic panels around the doors. I was accompanied by my wife and kid as we were returning after some shopping and it was beyond lunch time so my son was hurrying up to return home, I filled up service feedback form giving them good ratings and then noticed this mess.

3) When I asked the advisor if car was cleaned from within and why the mats were not washed because there were some black polish spots on the them too he mentioned that they only do vacuuming and regular dusting and the mats were not washed because they have cotton material and take time to dry

4) Music system issues seems to have settled, stopped at traffic signals many times today while driving to office turning ignition on and off, hopefully I do not have to get the player HU replaced, keeping it under observation for this week.

5) Planning to get interior cleaning job done with 3M post Diwali to get stains off the floor at rear seat because my kid has spilled coffee/cold drinks and the check with them how to get the gum stain removed around the roof line, it just does not go with regular cleaning/washing.

6) Drive quality has improved a notch after servicing, especially with the suspension and braking. I had recently filled air for all tyres at 30 psi, service advisor recommended to keep it 32 psi for all wheels.

Next accessory planned for the car in December is to go for chrome pack and illuminated scuff plates or interior cabin light below dashboard/rear seats.
KreativeGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 14:19   #90
BHPian
 
KreativeGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 255
Thanked: 327 Times
Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

CarDekho and Gaadi.com are conducting a joint Figo Aspire fuel economy test on the Mumbai - Bangalore highway stretch , I must say Aspire is defying benchmarks and has already raised the bar in the compact sedan segment.

Name:  FFA1.png
Views: 1965
Size:  183.4 KB

Name:  FFA2.png
Views: 1932
Size:  199.0 KB

A driving enthusiast seeking balance of acceptable fuel economy for a diesel car and equally powerful engine, Ford Aspire is your best bet currently. (Unless you want 26 kmpl mileage plus figures, with gadgets and gizmos the top three herd group is more than sufficient)

Check following twitter handles for more updates @CarDekho @Gaadi @BunnyPunia

Here's a link to the Pune - Bangalore road trip travelogue from Gaadi.com http://www.gaadi.com/auto-reviews/qu...-aspire-diesel
KreativeGeek is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black) witwiky Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 10th October 2015 01:18
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo. Deep Blue Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 114 26th May 2014 10:17
My new Ford Figo Zxi TDCi - The blue oval in sea grey kreativebug Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 12 16th July 2012 14:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks