Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th November 2015, 11:03   #91
BHPian

Default Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

One ACE to trump them ALL!

Getting some creative thoughts for my Figo Aspire these days, a concept art created by me.

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-ford-figo-aspire.png
KreativeGeek is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 14:42   #92
BHPian

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1447924153421.jpg

Touched 3K kms milestone yesterday, I had a flat tire last week and probably drove for 2 days without realising there was a puncture, still managed to keep the FE above 18kmpl

I have to get the music system HU replaced at workshop which arrived just before Diwali but tied up due to hectic work schedule.
KreativeGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 12:29   #93
BHPian

Ownership update at 3 Months, 3600+ kms

Name:  P_20151130_220806 Mobile.jpg
Views: 3635
Size:  37.3 KBName:  P_20151130_220829 Mobile.jpg
Views: 3646
Size:  39.5 KB

Last month driving was limited under 1K kms due to Diwali holidays and mileage dropped slightly as I drove close to 1 week with low pressure on rear LHS wheel which eventually resulted in a bad puncture.

My Music system issue was also resolved as the replacement unit arrived at workshop just before Diwali and post that workshop was closed for the festive period and later in the month I got it replaced, no problems noted until now with regards to sound muting which used to occur randomly when turning ignition on after switching engine off at traffic signals.

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-p_20151204_143519.jpg
Tried testing highway mileage yesterday on Ahmednagar highway with controlled driving at speed of 80-90 kmph and engine revving at just below 2K limit, never touched 100 kmph even once. I managed to reach 25.3 kmpl mileage mark just before encountering city traffic which brought FE down slightly. Waiting to observe overall FE on the return trip.

It was effortless driving all along and at times it felt like riding an auto on the highway considering how peppy Aspire's engine is.

I also tried calculating fuel savings for last 3 months as compared to Jun-Jul-Aug period when I had Beat, overall savings with Diesel (Aspire) + Petrol (i10) is coming roughly to 1K per month but comparing purely with Beat Petrol monthly fuel savings comes at around 1500-1800 per month, with just 2 trips needed to fuel station in a month as I refrain from full tank refill.
Old 24th December 2015, 18:05   #94
BHPian

No offence intended towards owners of any 'specific' brand, another concept art that came to mind for the Figo Aspire

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-ford-figo-aspire.png
KreativeGeek is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2015, 13:22   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
No offence intended towards owners of any 'specific' brand, another concept art that came to mind for the Figo Aspire

Attachment 1453041
Nice work there.
Is that Tortoise's name Gloria by any chance?

Last edited by jayded : 25th December 2015 at 13:32.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2015, 14:39   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Nice work there.

Ya. Gloria in all her Glory, going swiftly across the street

BTW nice artwork KG. You just gave me an idea for my ownership review

Last edited by samaspire : 25th December 2015 at 14:44.
samaspire is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2015, 18:56   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Ya. Gloria in all her Glory, going swiftly across the street

BTW nice artwork KG. You just gave me an idea for my ownership review
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Nice work there.
I'm not sure if the tortoise images used is named Gloria, just wanted to express my opinion subtlety to get the message across
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 15:05   #98
BHPian

Name:  1451899841686.jpg
Views: 2666
Size:  18.7 KB
The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1451899869680.jpg

Dec'15 4th month ownership update:

Had a decent run this month with mileage averaging to 19 kmpl overall that includes a highway trip and AC usage was minimal throughout the month, to break up fuel efficiency Aspire clocked around 19.3 kmpl consistently in city and hovered between 21-22 kmpl on highway drive. I did manage to cross 25 kmpl on one way trip on the highway.

No other expenses incurred other than fuel. Planning to get MRF radials swapped with Michelin Energy XM2 of same size. Close to completing 5K on odometer.
Old 5th January 2016, 10:26   #99
Team-BHP Support

Nice to know your getting 20+kmpl

I believe you will have to drive it below 80kmph to get those numbers. Isn't it hard to drive the Aspire at those speeds on a highway?

If those numbers are for city drives then it's truly commendable !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 14:07   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice to know your getting 20+kmpl

I believe you will have to drive it below 80kmph to get those numbers. Isn't it hard to drive the Aspire at those speeds on a highway?

If those numbers are for city drives then it's truly commendable !!!
Yes to get above 20+ kmpl on highway it has to driven in the range of 80-90 kmph with revving just around 2K level, I got 19 kmpl while driving in city last month mostly due to low volume of traffic in hinjawadi due to year end holidays
Old 14th March 2016, 16:56   #101
BHPian

Updating my observations for 6th month ownership completed on 4th Mar clocking 7443km on the odometer, I get to see 2-3 Figo twins daily on Pune roads now and they are also getting inducted in the cabbie fleet considering Ford’s lackluster marketing push with almost absent backing from the dealers to promote product to end consumers it feels little disheartening.

Driving Ford Figo Aspire has being a complete pleasure all these months, unfortunately due to work commitments I have still not got the chance to take it on a long road trip yet apart from driving on Mumbai-Pune Expressway which is more like a intercity road now than an actual highway. I am eager to test how the car behaves in unknown terrain. City trips have being very comfortable and I am able to vouch confidently for the seat ergonomics because Figo Aspire has helped me keep the stress caused under heavy traffic conditions well under control as compared to previous cars I have driven.

In order to improve ride quality I was contemplating a Michelin tyre upgrade on priority however now decided to go for it only after the car completes 10,000 km run as I am still confused between R14 185/65 and default tyre size to swap against current MRF tyre because I am conscious about the possible drop in city mileage and losing light feel to the steering. Occasionally I can feel the wheel spin motion from the road which can be nagging and even if the wheels are well inflated at 32psi there is some amount of bumpiness which creeps in with uneven drag and I feel as if the tyre has got a puncture, so I would be getting the suspension also checked during second service visit.

I am getting 18kmpl – 19kmpl mileage in the city comfortably with 30-40% AC usage. On highways if you constantly drive between 90-100 kmph speed you can easily touch 24kmpl else 22kmpl is guaranteed with moderately spirited driving too. With pedal to metal style it would not give beyond 20kmpl (tested on Mumbai – Pune Expressway and Nagar Road highway)

I also calculated fuel spending between Mar’15 – Aug’15 for two petrol cars (Chevrolet Beat and Hyundai i10) and 1 Diesel + 1 Petrol car (Ford Figo Aspire and Hyundai i10), monthly fuel saving comes to around Rs1900 and overall 42% saving in the 6 month comparison period.

I am also referencing to some points read from other posts on the Aspire thread by T-BHP users.

1) Body flexing near mirrors on all doors: I had brought this to the notice of Ford workshop guys during my first service and they say it is nothing to worry about much and while they do not accept it as a manufacturing defect or problem the service advisor showed this on other vehicles in their stock yard with same issue.

2) Body rattling: I did have body rattling problem after few days of taking delivery which was fixed during first free service and have not faced it again.

3) AC temperature reset: Aircon unit does have this weird problem of going back to default setting of HI temperature configuration when you happen to switch on the AC for the first time or randomly throughout the day if you switch AC off/on.

4) There is no road noise within the cabin due to the OEM tyres however I have noticed that when the car is idle while stopping at signals or when it is in the first gear diesel engine clatter is slightly louder than before and noticeable when AC is on.

Dealer Feedback: My first free service visit was a mixed experience, while the service advisor was courteous and I have being getting regular feedback calls from Ford. Their workshop staff left polish stains on seat cover and floor mat without cleaning it properly and they refuse to wash the floor mats giving reason that it takes long time for the material to dry??

Beyond these minor niggles I do not have any complaints with my ride for now and I have personally stopped pitying Ford for their inability to give Ford twins a strong footing amongst the competition onslaught, I also do not expect consumers to give Ford cars a priority over upcoming and current options in the market. It eventually boils down to personal preference for brand and product.

Coming to the Diesel rocket badge coined by mobike008 for Ford Aspire I have a small anecdote to share:

A office colleague saw me zoom past his XUV 1-2 times on pimple saudagar road in Pune which is very wide and has minimal traffic during late evening hours while returning from office. This is probably one patch on my route home where I get to drive the car spiritedly for a short duration. Both times I was not aware of his presence on the road, so he went on to tell that next time I see your car pass by me I would drive two lanes away. His words were 'Yaar tum Ford Aspire chalate ho ya Ferrari?'
Old 14th April 2016, 15:46   #102
BHPian

Nothing much to report about my Figo Aspire - All is Well for now and I am about to cross 9K on the odometer for which I checked the service calculator utility on Ford website.

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-service-list.png
The service calculator lists very few things to be covered under 2nd Free service, wouldn't an oil change be due now? A little confused so any suggestions and help from other T-Bhpian's would be much appreciated.

Aspire's city mileage has settled in the range of 18-19 kmpl across data validated over last 2-3 months, refueling alert comes up when display shows DTE of 70-80 kms and I noticed that a 35 litre refill (Shell outlet in Hinjewadi) helps me cover a distance of minimum 700 kms which brings actual FE to 20 kmpl
KreativeGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 18:27   #103
BHPian

Latest updated on my Figo Aspire

I have clocked 10K km on the odometer last month and the second servicing was carried out for my Aspire with oil and filter change along with other regular checks due as per service schedule, total bill was for around Rs 1700. I found that Talera Ford had not updated my car records and it was still showing as a Petrol car despite sharing requested car documents during first service, plus the interior cleaning was not done to my satisfaction.

I had to engage in a verbal spat with the service staff and the GM at Talera Ford expressing the level of apathy these guys were displaying in getting their basics right and I spoke at length with the customer care team who called me from Chennai informing them that dealer service like this is pulling their brand down and keeping customers away from a competent product like the Aspire. I was called by the GM again to get my car records updated instantly and he offered me complimentary 3M interior cleaning service to make up for the hassle caused to me. The 2nd time he was present at the workshop to personally look into my matter and I appreciate the effort he took to make things right.

After servicing in few days I took my car for a small excursion outside Pune city limits for guests who had arrived at my place and we drove towards Sawad to visit Balaji temple at Narayanpur and from there visited Jadhavgadh fort. Afternoon temperature was still hovering around 40 degree celsius and with 4 adults and 2 kids the car air-con was functioning efficiently and I felt suspension was also tightened during latest servicing with fair amount of rigidness yet keeping it soft enough to improve ride quality.

The next trip to Mumbai this weekend was a harrowing one and I was stuck for almost 3 hours in traffic at Lonavala yesterday due to a truck toppling on the highway near Khandala exit spot. We left Vashi at 4:30 PM and reached Pune at 9:40 PM late in the evening. Luckily I had stopped at the HP fuel outlet just ahead of first toll and had light snacks before heading straight into the already worsened traffic jam. For 2 hours it was kind of stationery traffic condition with vehicles moving at snails pace and my 8 year old kid initially tried passing time playing games on mobile, enjoying light rain looking out but then started to panic thinking we would not be able to reach home.

We had bought a small cold drink bottle at the food mall and had few chapatis wrapped in a foil before leaving my in laws place so the hunger problem was taken care of and in the meanwhile the toppled truck was cleared to one side of the lane where Mumbai traffic was heading towards Pune so the next phase was to make way through the blockade which had started to open up and on the way I saw 1 Maruti Eeco ,a Verna, 2 Maruti WagonR's and a Honda Amaze stalled near Amrutanjan bridge for unknown reasons, could have encountered a breakdown due to traffic condition.

I did feel slight strain to my left leg while constantly working on break and clutch. Prior to this I was stuck in such long traffic jam in Bengaluru due to some farmer agitation rally however I was not at the wheels but while driving I have never got stuck in such long traffic jam and thankfully Aspire's seating ergonomics saved me from possible back pain I could have encountered during this massive traffic jam and I was driving back to work at Hinjewadi today Morning without any strain from yesterday's journey!

I have noticed that the mileage while driving in city has climbed up slightly after the 2nd service staying in the 19-20kmpl zone now. Engine feels more peppy and free to drive, pedal to metal driving is sheer fun these days. I would be monitoring highway mileage improvement during any next road trip I undertake.
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 19:13   #104
Senior - BHPian

That's some great mileage you are getting from the 1.5 TDCi. I so wish this engine was available on the old Figo.

Quote:
The next trip to Mumbai this weekend was a harrowing one and I was stuck for almost 3 hours in traffic at Lonavala yesterday due to a truck toppling on the highway near Khandala exit spot. We left Vashi at 4:30 PM and reached Pune at 9:40 PM late in the evening. Luckily I had stopped at the HP fuel outlet just ahead of first toll and had light snacks before heading straight into the already worsened traffic jam. For 2 hours it was kind of stationery traffic condition with vehicles moving at snails pace and my 8 year old kid initially tried passing time playing games on mobile, enjoying light rain looking out but then started to panic thinking we would not be able to reach home.

We had bought a small cold drink bottle at the food mall and had few chapatis wrapped in a foil before leaving my in laws place so the hunger problem was taken care of and in the meanwhile the toppled truck was cleared to one side of the lane where Mumbai traffic was heading towards Pune so the next phase was to make way through the blockade which had started to open up and on the way I saw 1 Maruti Eeco ,a Verna, 2 Maruti WagonR's and a Honda Amaze stalled near Amrutanjan bridge for unknown reasons, could have encountered a breakdown due to traffic condition.

I did feel slight strain to my left leg while constantly working on break and clutch. Prior to this I was stuck in such long traffic jam in Bengaluru due to some farmer agitation rally however I was not at the wheels but while driving I have never got stuck in such long traffic jam and thankfully Aspire's seating ergonomics saved me from possible back pain I could have encountered during this massive traffic jam and I was driving back to work at Hinjewadi today Morning without any strain from yesterday's journey!

I was stuck in that same jam for around 2 hours yesterday evening. I left Mumbai around 7pm and reached at 12 ! (should have checked google maps before leaving !) Since the jam was up the Khopoli ghat, clutch control was very important and all the cars you saw must've burnt their clutches. I saw a SX4, Swift, a couple of Wagon R's and even a TUV suffer the same fate !

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 13th June 2016 at 19:16.
fiat_tarun is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 20:19   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Latest updated on my Figo Aspire
I have noticed that the mileage while driving in city has climbed up slightly after the 2nd service staying in the 19-20kmpl zone now. Engine feels more peppy and free to drive, pedal to metal driving is sheer fun these days. I would be monitoring highway mileage improvement during any next road trip I undertake.
Congratulations KreativeGeek on completing 10K milestone with your blue oval . Not sure how I missed this thread earlier on this forum. so it was you travelling from hinjewadi phase2 towards phase 3 backin sept/oct 15.

Good to hear your feedback till now; me too eagerly waiting for 2nd servicing soon for my white Figo
nilpat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote