Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 13:15   #286
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 31
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
So i have been fortunate to lay my hands on the new Ford Endeavour, 3.2 Auto 4x4 today morning.
Thanks for your review. How would you compare it to current generation Fortuner? Does it have that premium feel in terms of looks and interiors that takes it to a space between Fortuner and Mercedes GLE?
JoyPangli is offline  
Old 28th December 2015, 15:06   #287
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Adaptive cruise , Blind Spot , Lane Departure , traffic management channel , heated front seats - Missing - how does this matter in India presently ?
It does not matter at all, if Ford consider the same when it comes to the Endeavour pricing.

But i believe nothing wrong in expecting a Satellite Navigation on 25L + vehicle.
LionX is offline  
Old 28th December 2015, 15:10   #288
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 585
Thanked: 761 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyPangli View Post
Thanks for your review. How would you compare it to current generation Fortuner? Does it have that premium feel in terms of looks and interiors that takes it to a space between Fortuner and Mercedes GLE?
The few things that are obvious when compared to the Fortuner, do not know anything about the Merc so not comparing:

1) Ford got better brakes.
2) The fit and finish is excellent and the amount of options on the car is much more than the current gen Fortuner.
3) Fortuner is slightly roomier than the Ford at least in the front.
4) Ford scores on all checkboxes on the ride quality compared to the Fortuner.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 28th December 2015 at 15:10. Reason: spelling
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 21:06   #289
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 112
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
The few things that are obvious when compared to the Fortuner, do not know anything about the Merc so not comparing:

1) Ford got better brakes.
2) The fit and finish is excellent and the amount of options on the car is much more than the current gen Fortuner.
3) Fortuner is slightly roomier than the Ford at least in the front.
4) Ford scores on all checkboxes on the ride quality compared to the Fortuner.
Rest assured (a) Toyota will take its own lazy time bringing Fortuner here - giving us third world zero priority get-out-of-my-big-stubborn-face treatment, (b) Toyota will be strippping Fortuner naked of all features - to align with their perception of poverty-struck third world people conveniently forgetting people give them moneybags filled with cash for buying Fortuner, (c) Toyota will price it at least 5-6L above corresponding Ford models. I wish they do and get annihilated.

If I were to spend 30 grand ones on an SUV, I will not even look at Fortuner. Endy it will be if brute is the way and Santa Fe if Lux is the choice.

Ford as a motor co is terribly under-rated in India. People who own Endy report great service, cheap repairs, and unbeatable rugged reliability. Of course, Fortuner does most stuff too but costs a BOMB for no explicable reason.
5kmiles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 22:40   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,772
Thanked: 1,165 Times
Default

Absolutely love the new Endy. But sorry to nitpick.. but the middle row still doesn't look as comfy as the Storme I had. In fact the Storme has NIL floor hump in the middle, and visually looks to have much better head room and under thigh support ( based on pictures of the middle row seat and floor height ). I could be wrong on the last 2 pts but quite sure I'm not.
narayan is offline  
Old 29th December 2015, 00:35   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Absolutely love the new Endy. But sorry to nitpick.. but the middle row still doesn't look as comfy as the Storme I had. In fact the Storme has NIL floor hump in the middle, and visually looks to have much better head room and under thigh support ( based on pictures of the middle row seat and floor height ). I could be wrong on the last 2 pts but quite sure I'm not.
Using the middle row of an XUV with acres of space and "NO" hump at all, It sure does look like a negative for the Endy, But then we can't expect everything in a car to be perfect, Can we?

Though i think the sliding row makes up a bit for it, Even the space after the third row is pretty decent. Can't comment about how comfy it is only by looking at it, Will have to wait for a test drive for that.
Tanveer_2558 is offline  
Old 29th December 2015, 09:11   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,772
Thanked: 1,165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Using the middle row of an XUV with acres of space and "NO" hump at all, It sure does look like a negative for the Endy, But then we can't expect everything in a car to be perfect, Can we?
.
I agree with you on the XUV part but since it is a monocoque it has an advantage and hence I didn't bring it up in comparison.

When one will shell out 25 l + isn't it fair to expect this ? Anyway it's a good package overall for the segment. But after the lukewarm response to the Aspire I have my doubts on its success although I wish it did.
narayan is offline  
Old 29th December 2015, 12:09   #293
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,636
Thanked: 1,263 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I agree with you on the XUV part but since it is a monocoque it has an advantage and hence I didn't bring it up in comparison.

When one will shell out 25 l + isn't it fair to expect this ? Anyway it's a good package overall for the segment. But after the lukewarm response to the Aspire I have my doubts on its success although I wish it did.
The Endy will be successful!

The Aspire segment where most people are concerned with FE and Maintenance costs (Ford's high maintenance perception doesn't help) is a different ballgame than a premium SUV Segment where looks and image are right up there on the top (which is why the bumpy Fortuner sells, and also the segment where the old Endy was a hot favourite once upon a time).

This is one launch I am looking forward to! If priced right, it will take the market head-on.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 13:14   #294
VKM
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonya View Post
Folks, here is what I saw on YouTube. New Ford Endeavour going up in flames during a review test!
why is no one discussing & speculating about this here? the doors are supposed to unlock in case oof any untoward incident. but looks like the escape route was the boot door.
VKM is offline  
Old 29th December 2015, 15:14   #295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Guys, just saw Ford Endeavour in a nearby showroom. Saw a 3.2 AT 4x4 Titanium. The person who showed me the vehicle told me that the vehicle will be launched in a couple of weeks. The person had a Document provided by Ford which mentioned "All-New Endeavour Key Talking Point". The top feature that they are asked to talk are listed below
1. HID/Auto Head Lamp with Auto Levelling and Jet wash
2. Front fog lamp/Skid Plates
3. Rain Sensing wiper
4. LED DRL
5. the engine has two options 2.2L(160bhp; 385nm torque) & 3.2L(200bhp & 470nm torque)
6) 3.2L comes only with a 4x4 AT
7) 2.2L comes with 4x2/4x4(MT) & 4x4(AT)
8) Claimed mileage is
2.2 4x2(MT/AT) - 14.12kmpl
2.2 4x4(MT) - 12.62kmpl
3.2 4x4(AT) - 10.91kmpl
9) Comes with a 6speed MT & AT
10) 225mm ground clearance & 800mm water wading capability
11) 18" Alloy
12) Power liftgate with anti-pinch Sensor
13) Power folding 3rd row
14) Front and Rear Parking Sensors
15) Global Open & Close (Front and Rear Windows) - First in segment feature, allows all the windows to be controlled from just the push of the button (Did not understand this function)
16) 8 Way power adjustable driver seat
17) Power Fold and Power adjustable ORVM
18) Leather Upholstery
19) Leather stitched dashboard
20) Terrain Management system
21) Semi auto parallel park assist
22) Cruise Control
23) ABS and EBD
24) ESP & TCS
25) SYNC with voice control
26) Dual Zone AC with rear AC switch and ceiling vents for 2nd and 3rd rows
27) Electric Panoramic sun roof
28) Rear view camera
29) 7 Airbags(with driver knee airbag)

Last edited by joelchandra : 29th December 2015 at 15:34.
joelchandra is offline  
Old 29th December 2015, 15:17   #296
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 585
Thanked: 761 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post

7) 2.2L comes with 4x2/4x4(MT) & 4x4(AT)
Are they sure if the 2.2 would come in 4x4 AT version ? Do not see that listed on Ford site as well. Source

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 29th December 2015 at 15:26. Reason: Missed the right point
sunishsamuel is offline  
Old 29th December 2015, 15:19   #297
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Does anyone know what the flat rectangular bumper-mounted units are on the Everest in the video - both on the front/rear of the vehicle?

Are they LED lights?

In these photographs, they show a beige interior.

Does anyone know if Ford has plans to offer the fully black (and leather seat-covered) interior - like in the South African video review?
It is the beige interior for India. Just saw the vehicle. However, the stitched leather on the dashboard is Tan Brown
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 15:24   #298
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Are they sure if the 2.2 would come in AT version ? Do not see that listed on Ford site as well. Source
That's how the document showed. I have just uploaded the pics i have taken. Also attaching the document for a quick reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00051.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00061.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00071.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00081.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00111.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00081.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag00101.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-imag0009.jpg  


Last edited by joelchandra : 29th December 2015 at 15:28.
joelchandra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 15:28   #299
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 585
Thanked: 761 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
That's how the document showed. I have just uploaded the pics i have taken. Also attaching the document for a quick reference.
Sorry, i did not ask you the right question. You mentioned about 2.2 4x4 AT in the following post. I do not think they are launching 2.2 4x4 AT variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post

7) 2.2L comes with 4x2/4x4(MT) & 4x4(AT)
sunishsamuel is offline  
Old 29th December 2015, 15:33   #300
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Sorry, i did not ask you the right question. You mentioned about 2.2 4x4 AT in the following post. I do not think they are launching 2.2 4x4 AT variant.
My Bad. There was a typo. It is 2.2 4x4 MT. Thanks
joelchandra is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Endeavour with a New Engine moodswings The Indian Car Scene 23 13th August 2013 13:54
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33 parrys The Indian Car Scene 3153 15th March 2013 17:03
Mod for ford endeavour ? neo_trace Modifications & Accessories 14 1st December 2006 09:16
Ford Endeavour OR Hyundai Tucson? Edit on 140705 : Now bought! Insane Devil SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 94 26th January 2006 16:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks