Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 31st December 2015, 00:10   #316
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
A lil birdie tells me that Ford has a pleasant surprise for all of us....around 18L (Ex showroom New Delhi) for 2.2 4X2 MT
I would love this pricing to be true, but i honestly feel that the Endeavour will be priced higher. Ford will not dilute the Endeavour/Everest Name, by pricing it that low. In fact, Ford is trying very hard to compare the New Endy in Australia, against a Prado.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 17:01   #317
BHPian

Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

2016 Ford Endeavour Test Drive Review - Auto Portal

LionX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 21:49   #318
Senior - BHPian

Auto portal estimates a price range of 24-28 lakhs, Which seems to be pretty realistic. Lowest version costing around 22-24 is very much possible.
Old 1st January 2016, 09:02   #319
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I wish the top end comes in south of 30L. If so, it would definitely get into my list.
Old 1st January 2016, 10:35   #320
BHPian

35 lakh on road Karnataka for the top end 3.2 4x4 At is what I was told.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 14:56   #321
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
35 lakh on road Karnataka for the top end 3.2 4x4 At is what I was told.
Thank you.
35L is a couple of Lakhs more than current Fortuner "top of the line" model - right ? If so, FORD is anticipating Fortunter V next would be priced even higher [around 40L OTR KA].

BTW, who told you this pricing and how credible your source is ?

Prem.
Old 1st January 2016, 18:49   #322
BHPian

Guys,

A very Happy New Year to you all!

I test drove the new Endeavour yesterday at the Mody Ford showroom. They have a Sunburnt Red 3.2L 4x4 AT Endeavour on display.

The quality of the interiors is pretty good, and I'd definitely give the vehicle more props over the Fortuner for packing it with features. The pick up is smooth, but the engine is slightly noisy. The expected fuel efficiency is around 8kmpl according to the Sales Exec, though Ford is claiming around 10.5 or so apparently.

Since I am more keen on the 2.2L, I am not making a booking yet and shall wait to drive that one, once they have that model available for a test drive as well.

Mody Ford in Hyderabad is taking bookings for INR 1L, without any commitments of delivery date or color, for now. The entire amount is refundable in case the launch price is higher than expected. The deliveries are being scheduled as per booking order.

The sales Exec claims that they arent sure of the price yet, but expect the on-road price of the 3.2L to be between INR 35L-37L on-road in Hyderabad, but went on to say that it could be lower/higher by a couple of lakhs as well.

I loved the vehicle, the seating position, the color, the quality, but shall wait for the 2.2L to drive before going ahead with it.
rowhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 19:37   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mody Ford in Hyderabad is taking bookings for INR 1L, without any commitments of delivery date or color, for now. The entire amount is refundable in case the launch price is higher than expected. The deliveries are being scheduled as per booking order
Are they accepting booking officially for Endeavour or have a workaround by booking for some other car ? I paid advance on Monday and they have mentioned Eco --- on receipt, promised February delivery - no colour options confirmed , I think they will get cars after Auto expo launch

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st January 2016 at 19:49.
Old 1st January 2016, 21:35   #324
BHPian

Spotted this 3.2L version at Ford sevice centre yesterday.

Looks massive and has great presence. Anything below 30 lacs will be a winner on Ford's hands.

Preview: Ford Endeavour-img_20151231_120548.jpg

Last edited by srinath34 : 1st January 2016 at 21:36.
srinath34 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 22:18   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Are they accepting booking officially for Endeavour or have a workaround by booking for some other car ? I paid advance on Monday and they have mentioned Eco --- on receipt, promised February delivery - no colour options confirmed , I think they will get cars after Auto expo launch
That's true. They are taking booking amount for Eco Sport and the dealer promised to do the reallocation to Endeavour whenever the car is available. I was initially told 50k, then 3L as booking advance which i am not comfortable. So holding until i hear the final pricing.
Old 1st January 2016, 22:50   #326
BHPian

Black colour with 22 inch wheels and flared wheel arches

dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 02:01   #327
BHPian

I am very keen to read a comprehensive comparison test of new Endeavour vs current Pajero Sport. But, I am doubtful whether any publication will include current Pajero Sport in the comparison. My head says new Endeavour but heart desires Pajero Sport. Where as Pajero Sport feels like well toned active athlete, Endeavour looks heavy (And it is with weight of 2.4 tones).

Other thing I will like to know is how well new Endeavour compares with Pajero Sport on actual ruggedness and reliability. Mitsubishi is including suspension too into basic warranty and thats a big deal.

Biggest benefit of new Endeavour (for me) is bigger loading area after folding 2nd and 3rd rows of seats compared to Pajero Sport. The area this big can easily be used as double bed for camping.

Hoping to see this comparison by some publication or atleast by some experts here at Team-BHP.
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:55   #328
BHPian

I had the first hand experience of the new Ford Endeavour top end 3.2L AT Titanium model at Cauvery Ford, Bangalore today. Could not go for the test drive as it was not allowed by the dealer.

The car is massive in the exterior and interior very spacious and comfortable. However, entering into third row seats is quite a challenge due to not having tumble seats in the second row. But once you get in, its quite surprising to feel the comfort level in the third row as well. I'm 5'7" and felt quite comfortable sitting there for some time with the second row stretched all the way back. However, if you slide the second row to front, then there is decent amount of leg room. The head room is about 3-4" once seated in the third row.

Some other points to note:
1. The Infotainment System is just SYNC and not SYNC2 as mentioned in Autocar review. i.e. no navigation system.
2. The engine is quite noisy and with the windows up, I could still hear some grunt in the driver's position. Not sure about the Active Noise Cancellation feature working.
3. I would have liked to have the 230V power socket as well, which unfortunately is missing from the Indian version.
4. With all the rows up, there is enough boot space to hold a Checkin and a cabin luggage.
5. Expected pricing of top end model would be about 40L OTR Bangalore. However, Ford might just price it a bit lower than the current Fortuner top end model.
6. Expected launch date is 19th Jan 2016.
sudhir5478 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:51   #329
BHPian

Mody Ford in Hyderabad claims they are taking the booking in the name of Endeavour and not as a workaround. But no commitment on color or date of delivery.

The Sales Exec is Mr. Dikshit. He said we can book it for a lac, and get everybpenny back if we decide to cancel the booking due to any reason whatsoever. Verbatim.
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:59   #330
BHPian

this is what i found .....difference between SYNC and SYNC2 system.

https://www.sandicliffe.co.uk/blog/w...sync-vs-sync-2

Ford Sync

The first generation of Sync allows you to instruct the system to perform simple tasks using voice recognition. Ford Sync is really easy to navigate and a simple instruction “phone, call home” will call the number under the name ‘home’ stored in the smartphone which is connected to the system.
Sync offers a 5” colour multi-functional display with navigation and 1 USB port to connect your devices. It is able to read your text messages aloud, select music from your USB connected device, access your phone’s contact list and comes with an SD car slot to add and/or update map data. Smart phones can be connected to the system using Bluetooth connectivity.

Ford Sync 2

The main focus for Ford when developing Sync 2, was to dramatically improve voice recognition. Sync 2 will respond to more naturally spoken phrases such as “I’m hungry” which will then prompt the system to show you the nearest food outlets in the area. The updated version of sync offers an 8” colour touch screen which is split into four sections: audio, satnav, climate and phone. With Sync 2 you can control the climate temperature of the vehicle with a simple voice command, so that you aren’t fiddling with the climate control whilst trying to keep your attention on the road ahead. It boasts 2 USB ports with smart charging and an SD card slot for map and audio file updates.
While Sync offers phonebook calling using your contact names, Sync 2 offers a more intuitive version of this feature. An additional improved feature of the Sync 2 system is that you can send a customised message using voice control as well as reading messages aloud.
Not only can you now control multiple functions with Sync but a range of apps are now available with Sync 2, meaning you can tailor the system specifically to your needs. Apps such as Spotify and cityseeker can be accessed through your connected smartphone thanks to applink. To access the apps which are compatible you can browse the Ford app catalogue.

so from specification from brochure i think it's SYNC2 system with NO navigation for india only
or you can add SD card loaded with MAP data from mapmyindia or others .
Not sure though..

Last edited by neo_trace : 4th January 2016 at 00:05.
neo_trace is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread