Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 21:49   #361
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

I'm buying a new car, And i'm confused between this and the Toyota Fortuner. I'll be buying the top variant of the Fortuner, But this has features which blow the Fortuner out of the water.
It's the Ford reliability holding me back
aahlawat is offline  
Old 8th January 2016, 00:00   #362
BHPian
 
neo_trace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: surat,gujarat
Posts: 191
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

video for Metallic silver with black interior (trend variant)

neo_trace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 01:22   #363
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 1,205 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

In the video above, posted by neo_trace, at 4.25, the ICE screen shows the presence of Navigation system.

I see no reason why Ford should discontinue the Navigation Maps when it is available in the older generation Endy?
MAS is offline  
Old 8th January 2016, 05:27   #364
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 925
Thanked: 83 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

I am not too sure if navigation is really "missing" from the Endeavour. The brochure clearly states that one can opt for the HUD Navigation. It is only possible if the system already has built-in navigation if I understand correctly. They're also offering GPS Tracker as an optional accessory.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-screenshot-20160107-21.41.20.png
SumitB is offline  
Old 8th January 2016, 06:01   #365
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahlawat View Post
I'm buying a new car, And i'm confused between this and the Toyota Fortuner. I'll be buying the top variant of the Fortuner, But this has features which blow the Fortuner out of the water.
It's the Ford reliability holding me back
If I was you I would definitely wait and get the Ford. The latest one has been getting really good review here in Australia, the off road country. The only negative is the price here. The top end model here is almost as expensive as a Land Rover Discovery Sport.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 10:16   #366
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,974
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahlawat View Post
It's the Ford reliability holding me back
I had an 2008 Endy 3.0 Thunder+ 4x4. The vehicle was never unreliable and a the engine was a hoot to drive. The only problem i faced was spares were not available outside the dealership, unlike Toyota were all parts are available with reputed independent spares dealers.

I have my own mechanic and like to do routine maintenance like suspension, oil service, etc, etc with my person rather than the rip-off dealer. I found it difficult to source Ford Spares.

Now that Ford is selling OEM Spares outside, this is no longer an issue. I think the new Ford is way more superior to the Old Fortuner. Once the new Fortuner is launched things may change. But Toyota India has been in it's comfort zone from the time of the Qualis and they don't feel the urge to compete as they are overconfident in the Indian Market. Hence, I am not sure when the new Fortuner will be launched.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 10:57   #367
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,729
Thanked: 89,226 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahlawat View Post
I'm buying a new car, And i'm confused between this and the Toyota Fortuner. I'll be buying the top variant of the Fortuner, But this has features which blow the Fortuner out of the water.
It's the Ford reliability holding me back
If it helps, let me just add that the previous-gen Endeavour had excellent reliability. It was built tough and could handle all the abuse thrown at it.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 11:54   #368
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I had an 2008 Endy 3.0 Thunder+ 4x4. The vehicle was never unreliable and a the engine was a hoot to drive.
==========
But Toyota India has been in it's comfort zone from the time of the Qualis and they don't feel the urge to compete as they are overconfident in the Indian Market. Hence, I am not sure when the new Fortuner will be launched.

I do have my own mechanic I send all my cars to, It's just that my faith in Toyota as a brand is very high. Both of my landcruisers are both above 2.5 lakh kms and still going.
My uncle had an Endeavour, And his car started giving him hell after 70k+
Maybe it was his particular model only, Who knows.
But I'm looking for a car that I can just get in and drive. I am willing to work on my motorcycles, Not my cars. I need a workhorse, As I'm a polo player, To travel long distance and it will off road also alot.
Do you think Endeavour is still the one for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
If I was you I would definitely wait and get the Ford. The latest one has been getting really good review here in Australia, the off road country. The only negative is the price here. The top end model here is almost as expensive as a Land Rover Discovery Sport.
Wow, That is quite high.
But if I was in a market for a car in that segment and I was not inclined towards the badge, I'd go for the Ford.
It has better looks, don't you think?

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th January 2016 at 12:32. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
aahlawat is offline  
Old 8th January 2016, 12:24   #369
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 532 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Significant drop in Fortuner sales - December 2015 : Sales Figures

Could be an Endeavour effect
Attached Images
  
LionX is offline  
Old 8th January 2016, 12:34   #370
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 532 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I am not too sure if navigation is really "missing" from the Endeavour. The brochure clearly states that one can opt for the HUD Navigation. It is only possible if the system already has built-in navigation if I understand correctly. They're also offering GPS Tracker as an optional accessory.
Attachment 1457964
Its available in Australia as well. HUD navigation through smart phones.

http://www.ford.com.au/suv/everest/a...ries/interior#
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-hud.jpg  

LionX is offline  
Old 8th January 2016, 13:49   #371
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahlawat View Post
I do have my own mechanic I send all my cars to, It's just that my faith in Toyota as a brand is very high. Both of my landcruisers are both above 2.5 lakh kms and still going.
My uncle had an Endeavour, And his car started giving him hell after 70k+
Maybe it was his particular model only, Who knows.
But I'm looking for a car that I can just get in and drive. I am willing to work on my motorcycles, Not my cars. I need a workhorse, As I'm a polo player, To travel long distance and it will off road also alot.
Do you think Endeavour is still the one for me?
I do not know of any other modern SUV which can beat Landcruiser's at reliability so when it comes to dealing with the Australian outback here, the answer is Toyota LC. That said if you are willing to forgo a bit on reliability and do some preventive maintenance, the new Endeavour is a much better vehicle overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahlawat View Post
Wow, That is quite high.
But if I was in a market for a car in that segment and I was not inclined towards the badge, I'd go for the Ford.
It has better looks, don't you think?
I think Land Rover badge has its charm and it will be way more easier to manage given its size. It also seats seven, so it practical too and will ride and out handle the Ford. That said, the new Ford is tougher and will do the rough stuff better.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 14:32   #372
BHPian
 
neo_trace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: surat,gujarat
Posts: 191
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Something interesting regarding hacking SYNC 2


http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...loser-t2938321

And this is for navigation addition (hardware) instead of information only

Last edited by neo_trace : 8th January 2016 at 14:44.
neo_trace is offline  
Old 8th January 2016, 16:05   #373
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 1,205 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I am not too sure if navigation is really "missing" from the Endeavour. The brochure clearly states that one can opt for the HUD Navigation. It is only possible if the system already has built-in navigation if I understand correctly. They're also offering GPS Tracker as an optional accessory.
The GPS Tracker is a device, normally carried by a moving vehicle or person, that uses the Global Positioning System to determine and track its precise location, and hence that of its carrier, at intervals. It is different from the GPS used for the Navigation in the Dash Board

The HUD is Heads-Up Display for the Navigation as shown below.

Name:  HUD Navigation.jpg
Views: 2064
Size:  8.9 KB

This confirms that Navigation is present in the 2015 Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahlawat View Post
I'm buying a new car, And i'm confused between this and the Toyota Fortuner. I'll be buying the top variant of the Fortuner, But this has features which blow the Fortuner out of the water.
It's the Ford reliability holding me back
Newer cars from Ford are much more reliable. I own two Ford cars, the New Fiesta (1.05 Lakh kms) and the Endeavour (39 K kms). Both are very reliable and like many others i can vouch for their reliability. With the New Endeavour, i feel nothing will go wrong.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 17:33   #374
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

The Chennai dealer says bookings are not being accepted and they also do not have a display/demo vehicle that can be looked at. Everything after 20th only..Anybody in Chennai been able to book the car?
84.monsoon is offline  
Old 8th January 2016, 18:14   #375
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 248
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The Chennai dealer says bookings are not being accepted and they also do not have a display/demo vehicle that can be looked at. Everything after 20th only..Anybody in Chennai been able to book the car?
I would think that they are behaving professionally - as per the guidelines set by Ford India.

I gather everyone just simply has to wait until 19/20 January to book the car.

However, if anyone is able to find out whether we can order a black interior, I will be one of those placing an order... (With a few fire extinguishers to boot! )
SuperFlyBoy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Endeavour with a New Engine moodswings The Indian Car Scene 23 13th August 2013 13:54
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33 parrys The Indian Car Scene 3153 15th March 2013 17:03
Mod for ford endeavour ? neo_trace Modifications & Accessories 14 1st December 2006 09:16
Ford Endeavour OR Hyundai Tucson? Edit on 140705 : Now bought! Insane Devil SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 94 26th January 2006 16:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks