Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 8th January 2016, 18:18   #376
BHPian

Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The Chennai dealer says bookings are not being accepted and they also do not have a display/demo vehicle that can be looked at. Everything after 20th only..Anybody in Chennai been able to book the car?
I have given a token advance to Madurai dealer and booked a 3.2 Titanium Silver. The sales executive said, dealers around Tamilnadu have started to take bookings but price is yet to be revealed.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 18:19   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
However, if anyone is able to find out whether we can order a black interior, I will be one of those placing an order... (With a few fire extinguishers to boot! )
Refer post 348 please. There has been a booking for the same.
Old 8th January 2016, 18:25   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Newer cars from Ford are much more reliable. I own two Ford cars, the New Fiesta (1.05 Lakh kms) and the Endeavour (39 K kms). Both are very reliable and like many others i can vouch for their reliability. With the New Endeavour, i feel nothing will go wrong.
During last 11 years, I have owned 3 fords - Ikon Flair, Fiesta (Classic) which has done 1.3L+ kms and an EcoSport - never encountered any reliability issue on any one.
AlokSriva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 19:38   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Refer post 348 please. There has been a booking for the same.
Thanks - I stand corrected and apparently there are indeed dealers violating the standing guidelines of Ford.

Please also note that you quoted the part of my post regarding the interior color instead of my statement regarding the bookings of the new Endy.
Old 8th January 2016, 21:46   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
During last 11 years, I have owned 3 fords - Ikon Flair, Fiesta (Classic) which has done 1.3L+ kms and an EcoSport - never encountered any reliability issue on any one.
Well that's reassuring..... I was bit confused regarding reliability of new endy as i am moving from my 2012 Toyota fortuner which crossed 105000 kms without a single issue.

Last edited by neo_trace : 8th January 2016 at 21:47.
Old 8th January 2016, 22:25   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Significant drop in Fortuner sales - December 2015 : Sales Figures

Could be an Endeavour effect
Now thats a news. Agreed Toyotas are reliable and very cheap to maintain, but that does not give them right to price the cars so exorbitantly. If Endeavour is priced right, with smooth supply anticipating demand and decent service, I believe its time for Toyota to wake up and give us up to date and feature-packed products at right price.
Old 8th January 2016, 23:20   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Thanks - I stand corrected and apparently there are indeed dealers violating the standing guidelines of Ford.

Please also note that you quoted the part of my post regarding the interior color instead of my statement regarding the bookings of the new Endy.
Err. I never denied that the bookings aren't official. I was indeed highlighting the interior color. Neotrace has been promised a Silver Endeavour with "Black" interior as per post 348. I intentionally quoted that part to draw your attention to his post.
Old 9th January 2016, 00:04   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Err. I never denied that the bookings aren't official. I was indeed highlighting the interior color. Neotrace has been promised a Silver Endeavour with "Black" interior as per post 348. I intentionally quoted that part to draw your attention to his post.
Great - thanks for pointing that out - missed it.

It was further reinforced in 351s & 352 - I might have overlooked it when traveling...

(I guess Fortuner has no chance with me now - unless I get a 5-7L discount! )
Old 9th January 2016, 11:26   #384
BANNED

guys i just drove the SUV in Hyderabad. And as usual the gear box is a big let off..There is a lot of turbo Lag in the first 2 gears...the ride is smoother than Fortuner, pajero. But not compared to the Santa Fe. The guy at the showroom told me the price of the top end variant would be 35+ OTR and not less. I personally likes the sunset Red color. What is pathetic is, confirmed news is all the Cars are gonna come with ONLY MRF tyres. As ford has a agreement with MRF. :( besides no other brands in india except Yokohama makes 265/60/R18, which is the tyre specification for the new endy. So Forget changing Tyres for the time being. As importing such tyres would cost a bomb.

Update: There is no test drive started officially. But I know the dealer personally, hence got a chance to test this on road. touched 120 KPH with ease.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 9th January 2016 at 11:38.
Old 9th January 2016, 11:49   #385
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
guys i just drove the SUV in Hyderabad. And as usual the gear box is a big let off..There is a lot of turbo Lag in the first 2 gears...the ride is smoother than Fortuner, pajero. But not compared to the Santa Fe. The guy at the showroom told me the price of the top end variant would be 35+ OTR and not less. I personally likes the sunset Red color. What is pathetic is, confirmed news is all the Cars are gonna come with ONLY MRF tyres. As ford has a agreement with MRF. :( besides no other brands in india except Yokohama makes 265/60/R18, which is the tyre specification for the new endy. So Forget changing Tyres for the time being. As importing such tyres would cost a bomb.

Update: There is no test drive started officially. But I know the dealer personally, hence got a chance to test this on road. touched 120 KPH with ease.
Thanks for your inputs.
Couple of Q's.

1) Did you drive 2.2 or 3.2 engine ?
2) I believe, you drove the manual transmission. Any chance of driving AT ?

Prem.
Old 9th January 2016, 11:53   #386
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Thanks for your inputs.
Couple of Q's.

1) Did you drive 2.2 or 3.2 engine ?
2) I believe, you drove the manual transmission. Any chance of driving AT ?

Prem.
No buddy! There is just one display vehicle. Which is the TOP of the line 3.2 variant which comes with AUTO transmission only and that vehicle was given to the dealer from ford for training purpose. Which is what i got to drive. The only thing i didn't like about the car was the gear shifts in auto gear for the first and second. :\

BTW, shifting into manual is really confusing as the trip tonic gear box is deigned backwards. I mean you need to shift down the lever to go gear up I don't know why ford fixed it backwards from conventional shifters.

and The most important thing i forgot to mention is the steering, It is a ripper. The electrical steering is so damn smooth that you don't get a feeling you are driving such an enormous vehicle.

the two big let offs right now for the car is the transmission (CVT) and the tyres (MRF) only.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 9th January 2016 at 11:57.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 12:57   #387
BHPian

The autocar india review on a channel yesterday piped for the 2.2 as more friendly to city conditions and that 3.2 is a little noisy with a slow gearbox.

Called up the dealer in Noida. He doesn't have any piece to show. Maybe he is a smaller operation and therefore is at the back of the Ford list
Old 9th January 2016, 13:04   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
What is pathetic is, confirmed news is all the Cars are gonna come with ONLY MRF tyres. As ford has a agreement with MRF. :( besides no other brands in india except Yokohama makes 265/60/R18, which is the tyre specification for the new endy. So Forget changing Tyres for the time being. As importing such tyres would cost a bomb.
This tyre size is also available in Bridgestone ( Duler HT).

Found them on: tyresonwheels.com

Last edited by Joyb : 9th January 2016 at 13:09.
Old 9th January 2016, 16:03   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the two big let offs right now for the car is the transmission (CVT)
Isn't it 6 speed Gearbox ?
Old 9th January 2016, 18:05   #390
BHPian

Just checked out the car at elite ford Bangalore, its kept in the service station. Couple of comments, there is an area in the touchpad (top right quadrant) where we can connect with system from phone to run navigation, that's what they are claiming, not sure if its true. Loved the car, could only start, not much of diesel clatter.
On booking front, they claim they have already taken 4 bookings, I am going to wait for the launch to book so that I can decide on the color (there were comments in here that silver may come with full black interiors, which I would not prefer, else would go for silver).
They are still claiming top end would cost 40+ :(
One question, how do we know the car was actually manufactured in 2016?, they were showing some glass stickers, which could be put on a 2015 manufactured vehicle also?
Thanks.
SK.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-img_20160109_155653559.jpg  

sknair is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread