Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 21st January 2016, 15:19   #571
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
..The process might vary a bit depending on your insurer, all you need is valid NCB letter and you are eligible for discount.
Looks bit complicated in my case, because I am selling the present one (insurance with Tata AIG), buying the new one and taking the insurance by myself from Royal Sundaram !
Old 21st January 2016, 15:21   #572
BHPian

Thumbs up re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Kudos to Ford India for nailing the pricing. Off late Ford has been offering some sweet deals but not getting the desired response. Hoping for the new Endeavour to de-throne the Fortuner, so that Toyota is pressurized to offer more value on the new Fortuner, the current gen Fortuner looks naked in terms of features and pricing.

Optional accessories from Ford

Name:  FE.jpg
Views: 2813
Size:  82.3 KB

Preview: Ford Endeavour-ts.jpg

Preview: Ford Endeavour-f1.jpg
Preview: Ford Endeavour-f2.jpg
Note: Rear parking sensor hidden
Preview: Ford Endeavour-f3.jpg
Note: Terrain Management System hidden
Preview: Ford Endeavour-f4.jpg
Note: Driver knee Airbag hidden

Pls find the brochure attached

1249191749673.pdf

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 21st January 2016 at 15:26.
Karthik Chandra is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 15:33   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Looks bit complicated in my case, because I am selling the present one (insurance with Tata AIG), buying the new one and taking the insurance by myself from Royal Sundaram !
So you are selling the car before you buy one? If yes, it should not be a problem. The NCB letter provided by Tata AIG is valid for any insurer.

If you are buying new car before selling old one, then you can produce NCB letter later, I think there is a provision for refund as well. This you might have to talk to Royal SUndaram.

Coming back to Endy, I have couple of queries:
1. Has anyone seen how to remove spare tyre? Is it as difficult as one in Innova?
2.Is the spare an Alloy wheel?
3. Is it possible to fit HID with DRL/Jet washer to a Trend variant?
Old 21st January 2016, 15:40   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
The reputation is reflected in the fantastic resale that the Fortuner commands and the trust people have in Toyota vehicles that have done even above a lakh kilometers. Selling a Toyota Innova/Fortuner that has done over a lakh is like selling the car of any other brand that has done 50,000 kilometers.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Optional accessories from Ford
I keep wondering why manufacturers (like Toyota with their Fortuner - and this Ford) keep trying to sell interior illumination when they should really come standard! Why have the dealer's (possibly incompetent) techs go into the electrical system to put in these footwell aftermarket lights?

My Dicor had it built-in on the VX! (A long time ago - understand Tata stopped putting in these extras also, like leather seats now in their VX Stormes...)

Also has below door illumination - which is awesome when exiting the car.

Almost do not want to stop driving it really - considering the newer options - other than the automatic which I require now...

Quote:
There are couple of ways:
Cancel your current policy and get a third party or normal comprehensive insurance for your current car. Request for NCB eligibility letter from insurer. You are good to get 45% on your new car policy.

Alter way is you have understanding with your current car buyer, you can cancel your current policy, and ask for NCB letter from insurer. The insurer would ask for new policy before giving letter.

The process might vary a bit depending on your insurer, all you need is valid NCB letter and you are eligible for discount.
I was wondering if New India would give an NCB letter if one actually reported an accident, but never claimed against it?

The surveyor was so unprofessional and did not bother to attend a joint inspection that the actual damage he declared was less than 10% of what was required to be fixed - so no point claiming!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 21st January 2016 at 15:42.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:42   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are buying new car before selling old one, then you can produce NCB letter later, I think there is a provision for refund as well. This you might have to talk to Royal SUndaram.
New one will be ready for delivery next week, I am yet to do the insurance. But everything is online both old and new. So, not sure how to go about it.

About the Endeavour, I may be taking a TD next week itself when I take delivery of the Figo. They are yet to get the TD vehicle !
Old 21st January 2016, 15:45   #576
BHPian

Quote:
About the Endeavour, I may be taking a TD next week itself when I take delivery of the Figo. They are yet to get the TD vehicle !
Simply amazing that Ford is still not ready with TD vehicles - as I was wondering about in my prior post.

They could have really done a much better job in making a massive push into the market (with advertizing) and flood India with the vehicles right now also - which also brings awareness for new buyers.

See how one hardly sees any of the Trailblazers on the roads, so nobody is even aware that they are out there!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 21st January 2016 at 15:46.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:48   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to Endy, I have couple of queries:
1. Has anyone seen how to remove spare tyre? Is it as difficult as one in Innova?
2.Is the spare an Alloy wheel?
I think I noted a standard steel wheel/rim for the spare when I posted photographs under the rear bumper of the Mumbai TD vehicle.

Just check my post a few pages back - where you can see part of the spare tire/wheel/rim: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3892617

Photo is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-15jan2016.jpg

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 21st January 2016 at 15:56.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 16:08   #578
BHPian

Ford has done a great job at pricing, by keeping it very competitive and offering an SUV which has nice features and looks good too.

But one thing which they missed out on is making the vehicle available for test drives at various locations and also some stock ready for delivery. Called up a dealership in Chandigarh to inquire about a test drive and they said that a test drive vehicle would be available after one week only. They are accepting bookings against a booking amount of 1 lakh but delivery would be after 3 months.

It would have been much better if they would have made available the test drive vehicles and had some supply ready for delivery as well. It would ensure that the vehicle is seen on the roads (as part of test drives or initial sales) and the interest which has been generated at launch carries forward with good momentum.

It is a good package that they are offering, do not intend to take that away from them, but the follow-up in terms of actual vehicles being available for test drive and delivery is not well planned / thought-out it seems.

Cheers,
S
Old 21st January 2016, 16:13   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
They are accepting bookings against a booking amount of 1 lakh but delivery would be after 3 months.
Interesting that Ford dealers are taking 1L for the cars when I put down only 50k for a Fortuner and Innova at the same time.

Is it because Toyota dealers know they can liquidate faster??
Old 21st January 2016, 16:16   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
..They are accepting bookings against a booking amount of 1 lakh but delivery would be after 3 months.....follow-up in terms of actual vehicles being available for test drive and delivery is not well planned / thought-out it seems.
My SA told its crossing 8 bookings in a single day today ! I wonder who is booking without even doing a TD. Assuming it must be the previous generation fan boys. But still, its 25 lak+ on road having nobody to comment about it other than the reviewers on Youtube !!
Old 21st January 2016, 16:42   #581
BHPian

Quote:
My SA told its crossing 8 bookings in a single day today ! I wonder who is booking without even doing a TD. Assuming it must be the previous generation fan boys. But still, its 25 lak+ on road having nobody to comment about it other than the reviewers on Youtube !!
I wonder what will happen when the new Fortuner is out in mid-2016 (said to be in June/July - only 5/6 months) - probably a substantial number of Endeavour cancellations then.

This Malad dealer said he got 80 bookings today - truth??

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 21st January 2016 at 17:05.
Old 21st January 2016, 20:52   #582
BHPian

Hello everyone,
My dealer says that if I opt for the third year extended warranty coverage,the the kilometres covered would reduce to 80,000Km i.e. its either 2years/1,00,000Km or 3years/80,000km.I feel that this is a bit odd,Can someone else confirm this?
If so then is it worth the 20,500INR? because my family's usage is pretty high,our Fortune has already clocked about 70,000Km in less than two and a half years,so for me it works out as 20,500INR for a 6 month extension in warranty.
Old 21st January 2016, 21:06   #583
Senior - BHPian

A few days back I was in Bhavna Ford to check out the Figo A/T and the Endeavour 3.2 was in the showroom. The sales guy said test drives will start after 23rd but I didn't insist on driving it since I didn't want to take the focus away from the Figo.

I did sit in the car and based on that & having known the price now I say Ford has hit the ball out of the park with the Endeavour. I am sure senior officials in Toyota are out with their excel sheets and calculators trying to arrive at saner prices for their new Fortuner .

The only things Ford missed out on with this SUV is in not giving sat nav and black leather interiors. They could have offered the black interiors at least in the 3.2 Titanium. I don't understand how any company can offer a SUV with beige interiors!

Last edited by amit : 21st January 2016 at 21:07.
Old 21st January 2016, 22:33   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Kudos to Ford India for nailing the pricing. Off late Ford has been offering some sweet deals but not getting the desired response. Hoping for the new Endeavour to de-throne the Fortuner, so that Toyota is pressurized to offer more value on the new Fortuner, the current gen Fortuner looks naked in terms of features and pricing.
Good to see that Ford has not skimped on safety features a-la Toyota. Kudos. Pretty much all safety kits other than side and curtain airbags present in the Trend variant as well. Best of luck, hope they get rewarded in the market for "doing the right thing"
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:31   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
...I didn't want to take the focus away from the Figo.
....I don't understand how any company can offer a SUV with beige interiors!
We are in the same line I think Which Figo you are going for ? I just booked my 1.2 P Trend.

Have you noticed the interiors of Land Rover series ? Majority prefer beige or off-white or light shades. It applies to Benz, Audi etc. as well. I really like to see the red leather interior seen in Porsche Cayenne (Ref.my profile pic on this forum)
Closed Thread