Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd March 2016, 11:26   #46
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Default My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
congrats on clocking the 50k mark.

For the shock absorber, did you mention anything to them or they caught it out on their own? Happy to see that BMW covers the entire suspension till the 50k mark, shows the confidence that they have in their products.

Thanks coolboy. Yup its actually fun to drive on hills with loads of torque and stability on curves. Amazing machine.

As for shocks, they diagnosed it , it was a very minor leak. I am very happy with Deutsche Motoren , Moti Nagar team.

Warranty is not 50k , it's for 100k and 5 yrs under BSI Ultimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks for keeping the thread updated. Just read from the start coz you had everything covered!

Q: changing the tyres to tubless wont void the warranty?

Didn't know that the space saver is so puny @ 135/80 though!

Appreciate JK. Tubeless technically is not recommended but generally they honour it. At least they understand and respond to customer queries & concerns.

Now I understand why they recommend RFT in Indian conditions is because these machines are seriously fast and RFT is a safe bet in case of a tyre burst.

RFT are a pain when you are driving alone or on rough roads.

Space saver do look like a bike tyre. But there is no other solution as a full size tyre will eat up the whole of boot space.

Last edited by v&v : 23rd March 2016 at 11:31.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 13:56   #47
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover

Update after pre monsoon checkup call..

I had earlier also mentioned them about slight sound from damper. Very slight noise during cold start. So this time they replaced the Damper.

Ref no 11237823191 - Cost Rs 22779/- Replaced under BSI.

Also replaced Break pad wear sensor
Ref no 34356792565 - Cost Rs 1757/- Replaced under BRI

Net net i didn't pay anything. Learned a new term BRI ie BMW repair inclusive.
BSI + BRI = Ultimate package.

The insurance also was renewed. Bought TATA AIG Autosecure Zero dep insurance with Engine secure (Hydro lock) , Key replacement, Loss of personal belongings, Emergency transport and hotel expenses.

Total damages Rs 72741/-

Went for a trip to Narkhanda. Drove via chail road. Sadhupul has a temporary route. Visited to Hatu peak also. Accent was effortless for this machine. Hairpin bends were breeze.

Sharing some pics..

At Sadhupul on Chail road
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-3958.jpg

Ascent to Hatu
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-3970.jpg

Name:  4025.JPG
Views: 475
Size:  309.5 KB

Hatu Peak
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-3982.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 18th July 2016 at 14:23.
v&v is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote