Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th October 2015, 17:06   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Driven: 2015 Audi A6 Matrix

I am sure Audi will bring back the 3.0 TDI at a later date, as well as lower variants of the 2.0 TDI version. Seems like they have launched this model as a 'halo' model to build up the image.

If I remember right, Mercedes too brought in the face-lift E-Class E350 at a later date (November last year I think), after launching the face-lift E250 first.
Games Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 12:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The quattro is a different ball game. Rear driven wheels makes a big difference
I agree. I had the opportunity to drive the estate version of the A6 in the quattro 2.0L guise in Germany some time back. Having used that for over 2000 kms, I realized how much difference the quattro makes. It inspires a lot of confidence especially at autobahn speeds and on twisty Black Forest roads.
In all likelihood, Audi will introduce the 3.0L at a later date.
viper_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 10:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
I am sure Audi will bring back the 3.0 TDI at a later date, as well as lower variants of the 2.0 TDI version. Seems like they have launched this model as a 'halo' model to build up the image.

If I remember right, Mercedes too brought in the face-lift E-Class E350 at a later date (November last year I think), after launching the face-lift E250 first.
Sure hope they do. Problem is, the sales figures for the V6 variants probably dont justify bringing back the 3.0 cousins.

Off the 3 Germans BMW carries the tag of the 'driver's car' which explains the healthy numbers of the 530d however with Audi i think the Quattro V6s sold in very few numbers. Its only the people who have heard of or know about the capabilities of the Audi 3 litre diesel and the Quattro ofcourse who fall in love with these cars. As already mentioned before, the Quattro Audis are at a different level all-together.

As an owner of a Quattro V6 diesel i know what a potent monstrous drivetrain it is, so just for the sake of competition i do hope they launch the real A6.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 10th October 2015 at 11:02.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 23:17   #34
Team-BHP Support

I guess the most dignificant improvement to the A6 is the DSG gearbox. Today, I was driving between Salem and Coimbatore. A hard charging A6 CVT came up behind me flashing its lights. I could not give way as one needed to thread ones way between lane blocking trcuks etc.

I could manually down shift, accelerate etc. The Audi kept falling back and took time to recover its speed. The CVT was letting it down. After 20 km, I let him pass once the road cleared. If it had a DSG, it would have been a different sotry
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

I've noticed a big flaw in the A6 Matrix.

When you get in the car and take off, the doors lock at a certain speed, which is customary these days. However, they still open from the inside if you try on the move!

They should only open if you press the unlock button, which is the case in my SX4 as well. This a a safety concern with children at the back or even otherwise.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:12   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I've noticed a big flaw in the A6 Matrix.

When you get in the car and take off, the doors lock at a certain speed, which is customary these days. However, they still open from the inside if you try on the move!

They should only open if you press the unlock button, which is the case in my SX4 as well. This a a safety concern with children at the back or even otherwise.
It's not just in Audi. It's in all euro cars including Ford, VW, BMW. Doors lock only from outside. Anyone can open them from inside.

For children at the back you need to have the child lock on. The door locks are not supposed to be used for children which is why they have the child lock.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's not just in Audi. It's in all euro cars including Ford, VW, BMW. Doors lock only from outside. Anyone can open them from inside.

For children at the back you need to have the child lock on. The door locks are not supposed to be used for children which is why they have the child lock.
I was told in does not open in Mercedes. I agree about the child lock part though.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:02   #38
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In an BMW, To open the doors from inside one has to pull the handle twice. Once for it to unlock and the door opens on the second time.
bhp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote