Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd November 2016, 09:30   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - 17,000 km on its first birthday!

Hi all,

Need some help in finding the thread where the solution to the following problem was explained. I remember reading it but cannot find it now. Getting old i guess.

Whenever my car crosses a speed breaker, it makes a clank sound. The more the speed, the louder is the noise.

I remember someone faced a similar situation and got it fixed. The post has explanations and pictures which I intend to refer to.

TIA.
SDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 14:37   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Hi all,

Need some help in finding the thread where the solution to the following problem was explained. I remember reading it but cannot find it now. Getting old i guess.

Whenever my car crosses a speed breaker, it makes a clank sound. The more the speed, the louder is the noise.

I remember someone faced a similar situation and got it fixed. The post has explanations and pictures which I intend to refer to.

TIA.
See if this helps >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-123.html (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review)

Post#1842
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 10:37   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

Thanks for the post. I searched through most of the pages in the thread but could not locate the exact page where the explanation along with the pictures are present.

Taneja ji - would you remember the page as i believe it was your post?

Would be a great help !
Old 25th November 2016, 11:56   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the post. I searched through most of the pages in the thread but could not locate the exact page where the explanation along with the pictures are present.

Taneja ji - would you remember the page as i believe it was your post?

Would be a great help !
Two separate issues here - one was in my car, where I used to hear clank-clank noise whenever I went over a speed-breaker. Details of this are in page 7 on this thread - post #92.

Second was the one I posted above.

Not sure if someone else has also reported anything.
Old 4th December 2016, 19:47   #140
BHPian

Update:

Used Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer couple of weeks back, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the beading effect still visible - not on hood, but pretty much visible on all 4 doors - this is after the fact that the car is being cleaned by the monthly cleaner guy everyday. Applied a quote of Sonax again yesterday, and the shine is amazing. Since it's a spray, damn easy to apply and remove.

Car has completed about 18500 kms or so, mileage within city is around 21/22 km/ltr.

Dashboard was making an irritating noise from the middle section, but by hit and try, when I pushed the dashboard from speedometer console side, the noise has stopped for now. Don't know what changed except a good shove I made above, but the noise is no longer there

But, since this is a Maruti, and squeaks are an inherent part of its DNA, a fresh irritating noise has started from driver side pillar. Will see if some shoving, slapping or kicking it will make wonder, or will get it checked at 20K kms. Got to live with it for now ..

Anyone has tried sound dampening / adding yoga mats in Ciaz doors ? I have seen people try it on Swifit's, but anyone with Ciaz experience ?!

Amazing shine after Sonax cover :

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - 17,000 km on its first birthday!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - 17,000 km on its first birthday!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - 17,000 km on its first birthday!-3.jpg
Old 8th December 2016, 09:38   #141
BHPian

Good update ... How much more to go for the 20K?
Old 8th December 2016, 09:56   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Good update ... How much more to go for the 20K?
About 1400 kms more.

Will be going for a trip - to view "expected" snow-fall by Dec end - Jan starting, a trip of about 1000kms - on my return will get it serviced. Still looking for best option available in terms of servicing, and majorly fixing my dashboard noises .

Will have to choose from below -
Pasco
Apra <> Prem Motors
Competent