Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:10   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I reckon this is dealer specific (service specific calls and 2 times after car purchase). Mody Ford has turned out to be excellent till date

Also forgot to mention, last week I received a call from Ford Call Center (0124-prefix numbers, assuming its from Gurgaon) requesting me to take a survey and asked roughly 6-7 questions and asked me to rate from 1-5 on those questions
Nope, it is not dealer-specific. Even Vibrant Ford makes such calls. I've started using their services over the last few months because it is easier to access for me (can avoid traffic through Begumpet to Mody Ford at Mudfort). That apart, my trusted SA left Mody Ford a few months back. But for the past 8 years, I've found Mody Ford to be very good with the Fiesta, and okayish with the Figo.

And I have always got a follow up call from Ford in Delhi after each and every service. Ford takes feedback seriously. I had once remarked that the car was not polished properly, causing the dealer to offer a free polish when i visited next. They also waived off the specific charges.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:14   #77
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,009
Thanked: 6,043 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
And I have always got a follow up call from Ford in Delhi after each and every service. Ford takes feedback seriously. I had once remarked that the car was not polished properly, causing the dealer to offer a free polish when i visited next. They also waived off the specific charges.
Venu- This is brilliant feedback and glad to know that Ford takes feedback seriously and slowly and steadily, i am beginning to believe it.

Next time will dole out the same feedback to get a "free polish"....Just kidding
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 20:57   #78
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,009
Thanked: 6,043 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Update

Completed 3500kms in ~2.5 months

There is nothing substantial to write about the Blue Bombardier. It’s running smoothly and providing my daily dose of fun. However, due to few changes to my life, BB’s running has reduced considerably over the last couple of weeks. Though being driven daily, I can only say it’s being mis-treated (by not driving it for longer distances i.e. )

Some observations after covering 3K+ kms :

• Post 1st service, I have been driving the car pedal to metal almost 90% of my time since most of my running is in broad and beautiful roads in the side of Hyderabad city which allows you to drive like that without encountering much traffic

• FE has been constantly at 15.50kmpl with aforementioned driving style and all of it is in city driving conditions with 100% AC. Though I noted that FE on-board display almost always shows 16.60kmpl but, I measure each tankful and I see a difference of 1kmpl from what instant FE displays. I think that’s perfectly acceptable

• Outside temperature displayed is more accurate. 8 out of 10 times, it shows the same outside temperature that my iPhone shows in weather app

• Gearshifts have become much smoother now. Initially I used to struggle to slot 2nd gear but, now 1-2 or 4-2 happens quite smoothly. Perhaps, it is just a matter of getting used to the gearshifts. Gear knob feels great to hold

• Coming from Cruze, which till almost 70K kms was ghostly silent inside (not a single rattle anywhere), I was kind of spoilt by that luxury and my expectations were on a similar bar. Unfortunately, Aspire does not meet that bar. when I drive the car without music which is rare, I do hear a very faint rattle ( not able to make out from which side/door) when I go over uneven roads. I am simply not able to place that sound. It’s not so loud to be worrisome so I just switch on G’n’R to pull myself out of that worry

• I consider myself a tyre fanatic and check air pressure almost every weekend (sometimes once in a fortnight if I don’t get time) and always fill in 32PSI in all 4 tyres and when topped up to this PSI, Aspire feels really lively and is truly fun to drive

Finally, got around to pasting a sticker that I love :
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED-fullsizerender-1.jpg  


Last edited by mobike008 : 8th December 2015 at 17:26. Reason: completed 3500kms today :)
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 22:38   #79
BHPian
 
d3mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 430
Thanked: 398 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

I am getting a mild rattle/creak from the rear left too. Will ask the service guys to take a look during my first service (perhaps next week).
d3mon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 22:52   #80
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 54
Thanked: 44 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Mobike, I just love the way you write, enthusiast inside jumps like a kid. I have been following all your ownership threads of Bullet, Bonnie and Cruze. It's a testimony to Figo aspire, that cruze owner is having time of his life with this car. Congratulations for your new ride, and blue shade looks amazing.
I have posted this on Karan's video review thread, now I am posting it again ' back then in 2012 if this car was available, I would have bought Figo hatchback 1.5D instead of Swift D'.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 23:20   #81
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,379
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Update

Completed 3400 kms in ~2.5 months
Hey Avi, good to hear that your BB is performing well.

PS: Please get rid of that 'MODY' sticker that is pasted above Figo.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 09:03   #82
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,009
Thanked: 6,043 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I am getting a mild rattle/creak from the rear left too. Will ask the service guys to take a look during my first service (perhaps next week).
That would be good. Also, do get that boot spring action also checked which I forgot to get them looked at. Will get that sorted out when I got to service center next

Are you not going to share your ownership report with us here? It's languishing in AL for a very long time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruddha_Ch View Post
Mobike, I just love the way you write, enthusiast inside jumps like a kid. I have been following all your ownership threads of Bullet, Bonnie and Cruze. It's a testimony to Figo aspire, that cruze owner is having time of his life with this car. Congratulations for your new ride, and blue shade looks amazing.
I have posted this on Karan's video review thread, now I am posting it again ' back then in 2012 if this car was available, I would have bought Figo hatchback 1.5D instead of Swift D'.
Thanks Aniruddha, Glad to know that you followed all my ownership threads. Well, i am not so uncommon. Aren't we all extremely passionate about our rides?

So which of my ownership thread you liked the most and why?

We buy many vehicles and then suddenly something comes up in near future but, I have personally never regretted any buying decisions till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
PS: Please get rid of that 'MODY' sticker that is pasted above Figo.
Absolutely. It's just that I didn't want to scrape it on my own as i am little clumsy in such things. Will get it removed soon

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th December 2015 at 09:04.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 09:42   #83
BHPian
 
d3mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 430
Thanked: 398 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That would be good. Also, do get that boot spring action also checked which I forgot to get them looked at. Will get that sorted out when I got to service center next

Are you not going to share your ownership report with us here? It's languishing in AL for a very long time now
Short of replacing the spring, what can they do about the lid opening action? Do you think they'll actually do it?
I haven't checked out any aspire from the newer batches to see if the boot action is substantially different.

And damn, I thought I was safe to keep hiding in the assembly line. I'll start working on it again in earnest. For real this time
d3mon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 09:55   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,379
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Absolutely. It's just that I didn't want to scrape it on my own as i am little clumsy in such things. Will get it removed soon
Take it to 3M. They'll do it without any scratches.

PS: someone on my Swift flicked the ZDi logo so went to MGP and asked for it ZDi they didn't have. So got ZDi+.

I have cut the '+' and stuck only the ZDi. I have the '+' with me. Why not stick it just above your Titanium badge?

What say?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 17:31   #85
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,009
Thanked: 6,043 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Short of replacing the spring, what can they do about the lid opening action? Do you think they'll actually do it?
I haven't checked out any aspire from the newer batches to see if the boot action is substantially different
Even if they change the spring and if that helps slow the boot action would still be a big change. As for now, need to be careful not to stand behind the boot as it opens quite violently

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
PS: someone on my Swift flicked the ZDi logo so went to MGP and asked for it ZDi they didn't have. So got ZDi+.

I have cut the '+' and stuck only the ZDi. I have the '+' with me. Why not stick it just above your Titanium badge?

What say?
You just made an offer that is hard to refuse

Surely, would love to take the "+" and stick it next to Titanium to flaunt that it's a Titanium + and not just a Titanium...LOL. Hope its the same material as normal badges?

Btw, what is MGP?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 17:56   #86
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 308
Thanked: 239 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Absolutely. It's just that I didn't want to scrape it on my own as i am little clumsy in such things. Will get it removed soon
Wow, like the blue color on the car. It really stands out.

Removing those stickers is a very easy DIY. Just heat it up with hair dryer, and use a plastic tool (like an old credit card or something) to pry it out. I have done this to "VIBRANT" that Vibrant Ford stuck on my car. I left "IB" there, as in "Intelligence Bureau" .
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 19:41   #87
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,009
Thanked: 6,043 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Removing those stickers is a very easy DIY. Just heat it up with hair dryer, and use a plastic tool (like an old credit card or something) to pry it out. I have done this to "VIBRANT" that Vibrant Ford stuck on my car.
Yeah I too started loving this color and feel glad about my color choice each time I look at it

Thanks for the DIY tip. Will steal the hair dryer from home when nobody is watching and try it ( Dont want to run the risk of people thinking other reasons of a HD usage)

Do you also have the Aspire? Color and area where you drive normally in Hyd?

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th December 2015 at 19:42.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 19:50   #88
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 308
Thanked: 239 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Do you also have the Aspire? Color and area where you drive normally in Hyd?
No, I don't aspire to have an Aspire .

I have a 2011 Figo. Its official color is 'Chill Metallic' (its that light green color, not the 'chattak' green ). I drive around Begumpet, Miyapur, Hi-Tech, Gachibowli.

Do you drive around the same areas as well? Hopefully will spot you sometime.
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 20:13   #89
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,379
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hope its the same material as normal badges?

Btw, what is MGP?
I'll hand it over to you so that you can flaunt a new variant.

MGP = Maruti Genuine Parts.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 09:57   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 54
Thanked: 44 Times
Default re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 20,000kms COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Aniruddha, Glad to know that you followed all my ownership threads. Well, i am not so uncommon. Aren't we all extremely passionate about our rides?
Well I totally agree, we all are same when it comes to being passionate of our rides, other day my mother was talking with someone regarding me, she said "GIVE HIM SET OF 4 TYRES INSTEAD OF GOLD NECKLACE, HE WILL BE MORE HAPPY", I am sure many of us would agree on this. I personally need to learn a lot from you and all the forum members about content writing before starting any thread. Keep posting.
Quote:
So which of my ownership thread you liked the most and why?
Now that's the tough question you asked me, well every thread of yours is nice to read in its own way.
But apart from official reviews you did, I came across your personal ownership review when I was having some research on Bullets. Your maroon marauder's (CL500) was superb thread, nothing comes close to feel of bullet, well I was above to put money on std 500, but due my education plans I had postpone my purchase decision.
Then came your Black bruiser (Bonnie) thread which was unbiased and honest, well that thread was eye opener for abilities of Bonneville over Iron 883, which relatively more like form over function (no offence to anyone). And you are lucky considering your wifey supported your decision of Bonnie or bullet and even accompany you on long rides.

Quote:
We buy many vehicles and then suddenly something comes up in near future but, I have personally never regretted any buying decisions till date.
True that, keeping maths and depreciation aside, we live once. Considering the biker inside you, in coming time, Is it appropriate to expect Triumph Tiger ownership thread from your end?

Quote:
PS: someone on my Swift flicked the ZDi logo so went to MGP and asked for it ZDi they didn't have. So got ZDi+.
I have cut the '+' and stuck only the ZDi. I have the '+' with me. Why not stick it just above your Titanium badge?
What say?
Anurag, instead of cutting + you could have simply upgraded to 16" alloy wheels on Swift, just like Ciaz ZDI+ variant & and create your very own personalise variant. Just kidding.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi - The Mile Cruncher: 37,000 km up in a year! espraveen Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 4th December 2016 12:22
The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium KreativeGeek Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 110 10th November 2016 17:03
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!! narendra_urs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 187 9th April 2016 23:16
My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel. EDIT: 10K service completed fiat_tarun Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 51 15th September 2014 11:02
Ownership Report -- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi : Update, 5 years & 1,00,000kms anumod Long-Term Ownership Reviews 72 17th August 2014 12:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks