Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th April 2016, 11:07   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

I feel that the white Abarth will look better than the black only if you remove the bonnet-roof-boot graphics. Otherwise the black looks better IMO.
Hemanth, all due respect to your Abarth 1.2 bro, but IMHO, its about time you get the real deal

I know the last time we spoke you were waiting to plonk in your funds on the Polo GTI that is round the corner. So is this still on or are you waiting for something else to come up from the Abarth stable?

Irrespective of your decision, I think you really need to either update your Abarth 1.2 thread or the ride itself bro.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 11:16   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hemanth, all due respect to your Abarth 1.2 bro, but IMHO, its about time you get the real deal

Irrespective of your decision, I think you really need to either update your Abarth 1.2 thread or the ride itself bro.
Please be my sponsor
I like fast cars but the decision to buy one is the slowest possible decision anybody could take. If only i could have everything that I craved for!

Quote:
I know the last time we spoke you were waiting to plonk in your funds on the Polo GTI that is round the corner. So is this still on or are you waiting for something else to come up from the Abarth stable?
Now that it is almost certain that it will be upwards 25Lakhs, GTI is out of my list.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 13:49   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Congratulations blackwasp on the booking. For your TBHP handle and the two wheeled Italian at home, the black scorpion would match better don't you think?

Anyway, wish you many happy miles with the wasp and the scorpion!

Thanks, black was a strong contender, but lost out due to lack of covered parking. I would have taken black if our Parking was better than the current one. Also in flesh, the white looks eye catching as well.

And the Italian will be right at home since this will be our third Italian.

Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459757920.208943.jpg

Will have to bid goodbye to our blue model by this week.
blackwasp is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 23:05   #229
BHPian

Guys any update on the new features to be added in the 2017 Punto Abarth?

I spoke to the sales guys at Landmark Fiat and they informed that the only addition would be touchscreen ICE/Navigation system.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:50   #230
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a test mule, not camouflaged but had some code on the rear fender and TC plates.

Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review-img_4738.jpg
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 11:06   #231
BHPian

I am very keen on considering this hot hatch and was interested in taking a TD of this and the GT TSI. I had requested for the same on their respective official websites around a week back but haven't heard from Fiat as yet. However, got a call from VW Pune as also from the dealer a couple of times arranging for a TD tomorrow of the GT TSI. Though I am in no hurry to buy one and would like to take some time assessing the cars and options, I was just wondering as to whether Fiat really intends to remain in this competitive market or would continue to be lenient and complacent and expect its customers to walk into their showrooms merely based on their products. BTW this is my first attempt to deal with Fiat or VW and have always been a loyal Maruti fan, since my childhood days when we last owned a Premier Padmini. I stay in Gurgaon and conscious that can't compare it with Maruti customer service and may still consider buying Abarth or a GT TSI in the near future solely on merit but wanted to share my 1st impression about the response time of the two companies and their customer service. I am not sure what would be the fate for regular servicing and maintenance of the car post sale. Would be happy to learn experience and guidance of other Abarth owners on securing a TD in Delhi NCR, if not Gurgaon.
jbpanda is offline   Reply With Quote