Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th December 2015, 00:56   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Got (100) BHP? Our Sparkling Gold Ford Figo Titanium TDCi

Congrats for your latest acquisition buddy. Goldilocks looks awesome and the ownership report is very crisp and detailed. The car looks very beautiful and is a great upgrade. The photos are enough for a person to refer and select his next car. The heart is the best part of the Figo and the 100 bhp combined with the light weight ensures that it's Atleast a second quicker than my Vento. Once again congrats buddy and do keep your thread updated
Aniruthan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 03:00   #17
BHPian

Congrats on owning the new performance champ in the premium diesel hatch segment. That's right it's 1 sec faster in the 0-100 specs than the VW Polo GT TDi. You and your father must have even more fun executing those 0 -100 sprints.

I myself was very impressed with the overall package when I went to look at the car at the local ford showroom.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 14:32   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on getting home the Goldilocks mate. Wish you many many happy miles with the car. Seems like the deliveries of the Aspire and Figo have just picked up some steam. Noticed more than 8 Aspires on my trip to Shimoga last Saturday. But now with Chennai plant out of operation, we have to see how this affects the future deliveries.
I guess you have an upgrade list planned already but the first on the list should be a change of tyres to better/wider rubber. All the best and enjoy the beast!!
Yes, I am seeing more Aspires on the road as well, not as many Figos though. In any case, I think both Aspire & Figo is manufactured out of Sanand, Gujarat, so I do not think there will be an impact on the manufacturing. There will still be an impact on the delivery of cars to the showrooms. I think the maximum impact will be on the Ecosports as I believe they are all manufactured out of Maraimalainagar.
surfacer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 10:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Congrats racer on booking Figo.

Did you got the chance to test drive both Petrol and Diesel, If yes than how is the comparison between their performance?

I have booked Petrol Figo Titanium 2 days ago. This is second car in house and we are expecting it to run around 500-1000 KM per month.

If i go for Diesel from financial point of view do you think that makes sense.
I suggest you take a test drive of the TDCi and then take a call. The addictive torque and the petrol-like driving characteristics are too good to ignore. Even though we haven't driven the Petrol, I am sure i wont even come close to the TDCI in the FTD part.

Even our running is rarely more than 800-1000kms a month, but we found the TDCi irresistible. For once, we chose to ignore the financial aspects of owning a Diesel. What mattered to us was the satisfaction we got from driving this beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Congrats Racer and wishing you miles of FUN & happiness with the car. Good initial report with some great set of pictures. During my recent trip to Secunderabad, did notice many of the newly launched Ford Twins and the car is definitely a looker for sure.
Yup. The showroom we got our Figo from said that full scale deliveries will start only by the 4th week of November. Ours was amongst the first batch of Figos to be delivered. Even I am seeing lots of them now in the twin cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Congrats for your latest acquisition buddy. Goldilocks looks awesome and the ownership report is very crisp and detailed. The car looks very beautiful and is a great upgrade. The photos are enough for a person to refer and select his next car. The heart is the best part of the Figo and the 100 bhp combined with the light weight ensures that it's Atleast a second quicker than my Vento. Once again congrats buddy and do keep your thread updated
Thanks for your wishes and I am happy that you found the pics to be of good help. I never get tired of praising the TDCi. She is a very capable city as well as highway machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Congrats on owning the new performance champ in the premium diesel hatch segment. That's right it's 1 sec faster in the 0-100 specs than the VW Polo GT TDi. You and your father must have even more fun executing those 0 -100 sprints.

I myself was very impressed with the overall package when I went to look at the car at the local ford showroom.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Sadly, we have moved on from redlining our cars for fun. But who knows, once Goldilocks is completely run in, we might get an itch to resume.
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 18:03   #20
BHPian

hey, hows your car doing now. Would love to hear an update as I will be in for a hatchback 3-4 months from now and with the recent reduction in the prices, I dont think there's any other car to compare it with.
Please provide an update.
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 19:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
hey, hows your car doing now. Would love to hear an update as I will be in for a hatchback 3-4 months from now and with the recent reduction in the prices, I dont think there's any other car to compare it with.
Please provide an update.
Hi. Unfortunately I am out of the country now and do not get to drive the car. But from what I last heard from my Dad, the car has covered close to 8000kms and will be due for its 10000kms service soon. Its got no troubles whatsoever and is a real gem to drive. If I remember correctly, it was recalled sometime ago for some software update to the airbag module and that was pretty much it.

If you are looking at anything specific, just shoot and I can get more information for you
Old 7th September 2016, 22:49   #22
BHPian

Just wanted to know how does it fare in the long run as I am planning it to buy in January 2017 as a regular commuter and weekend tripster. Also my mileage would be on the higher side. Got ciaz (family car) on June 1st and till date covered 7300kms with many trips lined up this month, its gonna cross 10k. So you see 10k in 4 months. I expect the same(or even more) for the new one. Also if I go for figo which is very appealing following the recent price cuts which makes it more than 1 lac cheaper than the zeta(one below top) version of baleno and middle version of Polo diesel. And since after ciaz space is not a concern, figo gets +1.
As in specifs, I would like to know the following-:
1. Body strength, is it on the lighter side( like baleno) or just average for its class. Asking because a fortnight ago ciaz bumped into the car ahead as the fool ahead applied emergency breaks, I didnt even feel that high impact but its bonnet bumper and front right fender got all pushed back. Infact the fender moved back to the extent that driver's door couldnot even be opened.
2. Are the tyres really small for driving at 3 digits speeds on national highways?
3. Sound quality of stock system?
4. Does your color require high maintenance?
Sorry for keeping the post long, but thats all for now.
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 18:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
~~~
I would like to know the following-:
1. Body strength, is it on the lighter side( like baleno) or just average for its class. Asking because a fortnight ago ciaz bumped into the car ahead as the fool ahead applied emergency breaks, I didnt even feel that high impact but its bonnet bumper and front right fender got all pushed back. Infact the fender moved back to the extent that driver's door couldnot even be opened.
2. Are the tyres really small for driving at 3 digits speeds on national highways?
3. Sound quality of stock system?
4. Does your color require high maintenance?
Sorry for keeping the post long, but thats all for now.
Hi. Here are the replies to your queries.

1. I don't know about Baleno, but it definitely felt better than our outgoing Swift, but not at par with my 2011 i20. But its definitely not wafer thin like some cars that Maruti produces.
2. They are adequate for legal speeds and upto 110kmph (which is the max speed either me or my dad drive). I have personally driven it when new for a 300km highway drive and nowhere did the tyres squeal or feel they are losing grip. So, for everyday driving conditions, they do the job. If you want to improve the steering feel and the grip, you may upsize, as some forum members have in their Figos and Aspires. My dad has also made multiple trips on the Hyderabad ORR (with a 120kmph speed limit) and he says he never faced any issues.
3. I would rate it a 8 on a 10. Its pretty adequate for everyday listening. But if you an audiophile who wants to hear every note and frequency, then I suggest you upgrade.
4. The colour is as good as it was when we took delivery and hasn't faded at all even though its parked under the Sun in my dads office for close to 7 hrs a day. Dirt and Grime are promptly cleaned as my dad loves his machines as much as I do. So no issues with that as well. Its not a dust magnet as well.

Hope that clears some of your doubts. Let me know if you need any more info.
Old 14th November 2016, 16:28   #24
BHPian

Default Re: Goldilocks!! Our all new Sparkling Gold FORD FIGO Titanium TDCi

Quote:
The driver door-pad has controls for all 4 power windows (thankfully: unlike the old Figo) and an option to lock the rear power window function. Sadly there is no one-touch up/down nor are the switchgear illuminated. Not sure of the anti-pinch function though.
Hi, in your post above you mentioned there is no one touch up/down feature, but the brochure does mention that driver side window comes with this feature, can you please confirm the same
I am in process of finalizing this model and this is one of the key features i am looking at, because it makes life very easy on those toll booths when you have this feature
shridhar.s.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:10   #25
BHPian

Default Re: Goldilocks!! Our all new Sparkling Gold FORD FIGO Titanium TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hi, in your post above you mentioned there is no one touch up/down feature, but the brochure does mention that driver side window comes with this feature, can you please confirm the same
I am in process of finalizing this model and this is one of the key features i am looking at, because it makes life very easy on those toll booths when you have this feature
Hi Wanderers,
I just took delivery of my Ruby Red titanium diesel. I can confirm there is One touch Up/Down for the driver side window.
No Anti pitch feature for any of the windows though.

Thanks & Regards,
Jk
jayakumarkp is online now   Reply With Quote