Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2015, 16:52   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 197 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Karan, at first I was wondering what was Rana Daggubati of Baahubali fame doing in car review. You almost have the same walk and stance. Keep up the fitness levels.

Coming back to the review, it was crisp and detailed. I haven't had a test drive but am heading to a showroom in a few minutes to check it out. Now that is the impact of the video. Kudos to you. Your choice of color and alloys bring about the best in the car.
Chillout is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 17:28   #32
BHPian
 
kisharchit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 282
Thanked: 328 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Wow fabulous review there Karan. I am seeing a couple figos on road now and it breathes a fresh air amidst the swifts and the Polos.

Great choice of rims there too. And the Figo beating the GT TDi is surely surprising. Now if someone could drag between the 1.5 TiVct with the DCT and the Polo 1.2TSi with its DSG. I believe that could be a close one.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 18:22   #33
BHPian
 
samarth.bhatia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 409
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Cool - a video review, that too with good effort.
Really enjoyed the different camera angles - as someone who tinkers with video recording himself, I can definitely appreciate the hard work gone into this.

Suggestion: In case you'd like to continue experimenting with this, I suggest getting a sound recorder, or maybe an omnidirectional microphone. Would improve the audio quality tremendously.

Oh, and congratulations on the excellent purchase
Cheers,
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 19:55   #34
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,396
Thanked: 7,193 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Karan, at first I was wondering what was Rana Daggubati of Baahubali fame doing in car review. You almost have the same walk and stance. Keep up the fitness levels.

Coming back to the review, it was crisp and detailed. I haven't had a test drive but am heading to a showroom in a few minutes to check it out. Now that is the impact of the video. Kudos to you. Your choice of color and alloys bring about the best in the car.
Thanks for the flattering comments there

Do update us after the test drive on how you liked the Figo, Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Wow fabulous review there Karan. I am seeing a couple figos on road now and it breathes a fresh air amidst the swifts and the Polos.

Great choice of rims there too. And the Figo beating the GT TDi is surely surprising. Now if someone could drag between the 1.5 TiVct with the DCT and the Polo 1.2TSi with its DSG. I believe that could be a close one.
Yes indeed, i am also enjoying the exclusivity which the car currently commands.

Regarding the Figo A/T v/s Polo A/T, definitely the Polo would win there because of the Turbo'ed engine of the Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Cool - a video review, that too with good effort.
Really enjoyed the different camera angles - as someone who tinkers with video recording himself, I can definitely appreciate the hard work gone into this.

Suggestion: In case you'd like to continue experimenting with this, I suggest getting a sound recorder, or maybe an omnidirectional microphone. Would improve the audio quality tremendously.

Oh, and congratulations on the excellent purchase
Cheers,
Sam
Thanks Samarth,

I agree regarding your point of the sound as definitely in some portions the recording could have been better.
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 21:17   #35
BHPian
 
theredliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 399
Thanked: 647 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Lovely video, Karan. I watched your ///M Sport exhaust within 5 minutes of you putting up the thread and loved it. When you had mentioned in Figo thread that your ownership report would be coming soon, I wanted to request you to make a video of Figo. Very happy that it came true.
Your video is much better than many professional reviews. Suggest you spend some dough on professional equipment and start a professional automotive channel soon.
You have 3 new career options ahead of you. Modeling, acting and professional automotive channel

Coming to the car, it must be really special to get so much praises from a person who has owned cars like Cruze, 328i etc. How would you rate the handling, high speed stability etc. after the tyre upgrade in comparison to Polo GT TDI?

Your video makes me want to TD the car soon. Hope Zoom adds this car to their fleet so that I can take it for a loooong drive

PS Have a million happy km in the diesel pocket rocket.

Last edited by theredliner : 14th November 2015 at 21:28.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 21:20   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 197 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Karan test drove the diesel and automatic, the diesel was a hoot to drive.

However it didn't really bring that smile, for i felt the diesel a bit harsh and the noise levels were definitely higher than my current Fiesta 1.6. I don't think I will ever buy a diesel as I have been spoilt by the smoothness and refinement of the 1.6 engine. Its a delight to drive on the highways. My wife has no idea about cars, but after a few minutes she immediately told me this isn't as smooth as the Fiesta. It could also be that the vehicle had run only 500 odd kms.

The seats also felt a bit more cramped as compared to my Fiesta and I didn't get that hugged effect. For your built i am sure you also kind of faced the same problem.

Apart from that for a person who is buying his first car, if you are passionate, one shouldn't look any further as the Figo 1.5 is a driver's car. As you mentioned the vibrations were also visible on the steering and gear in the diesel.

All the best with your new ride and wishing you many happy miles with her.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 22:51   #37
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Anand
Posts: 10
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Congrats Karan for a lovely video and for a true HOT Diesel Hatch in its Segment. And really appreciate as you covered almost every aspect to be review during a road test as well as owner review. This will really help many of our Bhpians to think during buying new diesel hatch. Once again congrats for the New Figo and have safe drive with your ride.. Take care.
patel8585 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 00:51   #38
BHPian
 
amansanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oestrich-Winkel
Posts: 386
Thanked: 544 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Well, have picked up the middle variant i.e. TREND. I thought of saving on some money for the rims & tyre upgrade. BUT i was wrong, because though the larger rims and tyres are adding to the looks & performance (traction, cornering etc) but I'm really missing the ABS & EBD from the Titanium.
Well.... Remember me telling you the same thing before you bought the car?

This is precisely the reason I suggested you to get the Titanium. The rims and tyres could have waited for a few months but ABS can't be added ever now
amansanc is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 06:50   #39
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Nice review karan, Definitely better than many auto channels .
I am planning to take this one. Did you get any discount or free accessories?
motorboat2992 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 09:12   #40
BHPian
 
kaviprem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 753
Thanked: 427 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
PS: This is my 1st ownership video review, Im just a enthusiast & BHPian like you, but have done my best to video review this Figo. As im not a professional the production quality might not be the best, but hope you like it
Just amazing !!!

Karan
I think, you have set a new trend for the "review and ownership" thread. Well, this can even be a trend setter to our "Official Review" team as well !

Great job.

Hope, you have taken care of all the safety aspects while shooting this.
While I was thinking, why the hell the chase has been shot and put in TBHP forum, but, you immediately took us to the "service" lane and complete the formalities. Hats off !

I was expecting "Credits" while you complete the review, that would have been good

Prem.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2015 at 19:20. Reason: Removing video inside quotes.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 09:13   #41
BHPian
 
petrolhead_neel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Burdwan
Posts: 587
Thanked: 910 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Hi Karan Sir,

That's one hell of a review! Enjoyed every bit of it. It was even more intriguing than your previous video. The videography was great too. Please keep more of them videos coming.

I know a lot of people who prefer video reviews while window shopping cars. Your unbiased review is surely going to help them a lot.

I didn't quite read much about the new Figo. All I knew was that it had a much powerful engine but the handling wasn't as good as the ol' Figo. The drag race and you mentioning how well it handled after the tyre and wheel upgrade made me go back to the official Team-BHP review and read more about the car. Such was its effect. So now, BHPians can rejoice with two different types of reviews of the same car!

Lastly, the alloys have completely transformed the look of the car. They were a very tasteful addifion.

Also, can you please post more videos on the classroom section? Folks like me who would love to know more and dig deeper into the mechanicals of a car would love them.

Thanks again for the awesome video. It's crisp, detailed and short while being very exciting at the same time!

Regards,
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 15th November 2015 at 09:14.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 09:32   #42
BHPian
 
Astonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Karan, that was one awesome review. Congrats. I'm in the market for a diesel hatchback with a 9L price bracket. I had decided on the Polo HL TDI but now this review makes me rethink the decision.

Among the two which one would you suggest? Safety being the most important. I believe Titanium+ comes with 6 airbags etc. But the build quality, the sturdiness etc compared to the Polo?
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 09:57   #43
BHPian
 
VeyronSuperSprt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 800
Thanked: 1,549 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

There's something wrong with the cars, drivers or the cameras in this video as the new Figo is faster than the GT TDI to 140 kmph by a substantial two seconds. Unless the drag was upto a top speed of 90 kmph where the Figo is faster than the 1.6 GT TDI by only 0.2 seconds. In fact, the new Figo is as fast than the Hyundai Verna diesel in a straight line. In a drag contest the stock Figo would leave the stock 1.6 GT TDI far behind. The 1.6 GT TDI, Vento 1.6 or the Rapid 1.6 never were drag kings.

However, where the 1.6 GT TDI would take the new Figo, wring its neck and spit it out of its exhaust is in the real world. It's in gear acceleration timings are far superior to the Figo. It's about 2 seconds faster in 3rd and 4th gear slogs. As anyone who knows how to use an in gear acceleration advantage would tell you, it's a gap that keeps continually increasing. There is a certain band high up in the speed range (can't mention it here) where the GT TDI keeps up with 320d's with ease and 520d's find it difficult to keep with it. What this means is that if you know how to drive the 1.6 GT TDI properly in the real world, you wouldn't even be able to see the new Figo as a speck in the rear view mirror.

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 15th November 2015 at 09:59.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 10:56   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,396
Thanked: 7,193 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Lovely video, Karan. I watched your ///M Sport exhaust within 5 minutes of you putting up the thread and loved it. When you had mentioned in Figo thread that your ownership report would be coming soon, I wanted to request you to make a video of Figo. Very happy that it came true.
Your video is much better than many professional reviews. Suggest you spend some dough on professional equipment and start a professional automotive channel soon.
You have 3 new career options ahead of you. Modeling, acting and professional automotive channel


Thanks for the motivating comments.

Quote:
Coming to the car, it must be really special to get so much praises from a person who has owned cars like Cruze, 328i etc. How would you rate the handling, high speed stability etc. after the tyre upgrade in comparison to Polo GT TDI?

Your video makes me want to TD the car soon. Hope Zoom adds this car to their fleet so that I can take it for a loooong drive

PS Have a million happy km in the diesel pocket rocket
The tyre upgrade has indeed added to the grip levels, helping traction (as i mention in the video that the power is being put down in a more streamlined manner). High speed stability might not be as good as the Polo's as we know that the Germans are better engineered when it comes to driving dynamics but the Figo at this price point delivers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Karan test drove the diesel and automatic, the diesel was a hoot to drive.

However it didn't really bring that smile, for i felt the diesel a bit harsh and the noise levels were definitely higher than my current Fiesta 1.6. I don't think I will ever buy a diesel as I have been spoilt by the smoothness and refinement of the 1.6 engine. Its a delight to drive on the highways. My wife has no idea about cars, but after a few minutes she immediately told me this isn't as smooth as the Fiesta. It could also be that the vehicle had run only 500 odd kms.

The seats also felt a bit more cramped as compared to my Fiesta and I didn't get that hugged effect. For your built i am sure you also kind of faced the same problem.

Apart from that for a person who is buying his first car, if you are passionate, one shouldn't look any further as the Figo 1.5 is a driver's car. As you mentioned the vibrations were also visible on the steering and gear in the diesel.

All the best with your new ride and wishing you many happy miles with her.
Hello Chillout,

I can understand after driving around in that creamy 1.6 petrol, adapting to diesel might be difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel8585 View Post
Congrats Karan for a lovely video and for a true HOT Diesel Hatch in its Segment. And really appreciate as you covered almost every aspect to be review during a road test as well as owner review. This will really help many of our Bhpians to think during buying new diesel hatch. Once again congrats for the New Figo and have safe drive with your ride.. Take care.
Thanks Patel, appreciate your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Well.... Remember me telling you the same thing before you bought the car?

This is precisely the reason I suggested you to get the Titanium. The rims and tyres could have waited for a few months but ABS can't be added ever now
Yes

On the limit i do miss the ABS' mechanicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorboat2992 View Post
Nice review karan, Definitely better than many auto channels .
I am planning to take this one. Did you get any discount or free accessories?
Hey motorboat,

Thanks, well yes i was able to get extended warranty, rear parking sensors & matting as freebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Just amazing !!!

Karan
I think, you have set a new trend for the "review and ownership" thread. Well, this can even be a trend setter to our "Official Review" team as well !

Great job.

Hope, you have taken care of all the safety aspects while shooting this.
While I was thinking, why the hell the chase has been shot and put in TBHP forum, but, you immediately took us to the "service" lane and complete the formalities. Hats off !

I was expecting "Credits" while you complete the review, that would have been good

Prem.
Thanks a lot Prem, glad you liked the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi Karan Sir,

That's one hell of a review! Enjoyed every bit of it. It was even more intriguing than your previous video. The videography was great too. Please keep more of them videos coming.

I know a lot of people who prefer video reviews while window shopping cars. Your unbiased review is surely going to help them a lot.

I didn't quite read much about the new Figo. All I knew was that it had a much powerful engine but the handling wasn't as good as the ol' Figo. The drag race and you mentioning how well it handled after the tyre and wheel upgrade made me go back to the official Team-BHP review and read more about the car. Such was its effect. So now, BHPians can rejoice with two different types of reviews of the same car!

Lastly, the alloys have completely transformed the look of the car. They were a very tasteful addifion.

Also, can you please post more videos on the classroom section? Folks like me who would love to know more and dig deeper into the mechanicals of a car would love them.

Thanks again for the awesome video. It's crisp, detailed and short while being very exciting at the same time!

Regards,
Neel
Hello neel,

1stly congratulations to you too for being the youngest member on team-bhp to pen down a ownership review.

Thanks for appreciating my effort, il try to post more 'classroom session' style videos too on my channel in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Karan, that was one awesome review. Congrats. I'm in the market for a diesel hatchback with a 9L price bracket. I had decided on the Polo HL TDI but now this review makes me rethink the decision.

Among the two which one would you suggest? Safety being the most important. I believe Titanium+ comes with 6 airbags etc. But the build quality, the sturdiness etc compared to the Polo?
Thanks Astonite.

Both the cars are equally capable when it comes to the engines. Driving dynamics wise the Polo will be better (which can be corrected in the Figo by adding better tyres). Space wise Figo is much spacious. Figo has more airbags so more safe. Interior & Plastic / Build Quality wise Polo is better but Figo is cheaper so more VFM.

All the best.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2015 at 19:20. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 15:33   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,303
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Amazing video there again karan That lil drag race was a bonus, Proves that more power doesn't mean a faster car! Kudos to your effort and try and keep such videos coming!!
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update! gemithomas Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1017 31st March 2015 23:52
Ford Figo 1.4L TDCi - A 50K Review icyspikey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 6 16th December 2013 10:21
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report joethomasv Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 481 17th May 2012 20:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks