Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 13:57   #76
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 931
Thanked: 505 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Update: Mud Flaps & Rear Parking Sensors Installed;
As far as I know,the sensors were never painted.While i bought my swift,the dealer had offered me body colored ones which were not painted.The car looks awesome.Any updates on the performance?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th December 2015 at 14:00.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 22:37   #77
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 153
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Update:

^ IMO these are one of the most SLEEK OE Mud Flaps i have seen & I am glad i installed them
They had no other option but to make the flaps sleek. The mud flaps in the old Figo were such a disaster that they broke within 1 week of installing them due to the bottom of the car scrapping the ground. Infact I have only seen the previous Figo only with broken mud flaps . Not a single one which was proper.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 23:07   #78
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 580
Thanked: 1,429 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Parking Sensor Issue;

These are OE Parking sensors & were black initially. Before installing i had asked them to paint the sensors white (I had asked a few of my friends & accessory shops whether painting will spoil the sensor which they said it wont be a problem). But after installation they seem to act confused and are definitely spoilt.

Though these came FREE but i now need to change them

Anyone else faced this similar issue with parking sensors going bad after painting ?
The Ford website still lists the parking sensor as body colour paintable. When I bought my aspire I had told the dealer that I would take them only if they would paint it. He said painting them would affect performance and refused to do it. Turns out he was right.

For you the solution is simple. Order the white ones off eBay for around 800 and replace the faulty ones. Try connecting it to the existing receiver if possible. I assume they were installed at Ford, so use those connectors. Warranty will not be an issue then.

BTW How did you get it for free
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 01:27   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Madurai,Chennai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Excellent Video review once again Karan. Just loved to watch it and all your points are mentioned with detail and precision. If you're into automotive journalism, trust me your future is bright ahead . Just a small point to note from my side. Try to maintain the same costume if possible. That's it. I'm keenly waiting for all your video reviews buddy. All the best .
Aniruthan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 11:23   #80
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,393
Thanked: 7,177 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The car looks awesome.Any updates on the performance?
Thanks, there is no upgrade in performance as IMO the stock power is more than sufficient for the car. Even after the wheel & tyre upgrade the car still wheelspins a lot in the 1st two gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
They had no other option but to make the flaps sleek. The mud flaps in the old Figo were such a disaster that they broke within 1 week of installing them due to the bottom of the car scrapping the ground. Infact I have only seen the previous Figo only with broken mud flaps . Not a single one which was proper.
Oh ! Well thanks for that information as i did not know the mudflaps were such an issue in the older gen Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
For you the solution is simple. Order the white ones off eBay for around 800 and replace the faulty ones. Try connecting it to the existing receiver if possible. I assume they were installed at Ford, so use those connectors. Warranty will not be an issue then.
Thanks, that seems an interesting fix.

Please if you could just send me the link of the e-bay ones you are talking about as that will be great help.

Quote:
BTW How did you get it for free
As a part of the deal when finalizing the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Excellent Video review once again Karan. Just loved to watch it and all your points are mentioned with detail and precision. If you're into automotive journalism, trust me your future is bright ahead . Just a small point to note from my side. Try to maintain the same costume if possible. That's it. I'm keenly waiting for all your video reviews buddy. All the best .
Thanks Aniruthan,

Appreciate your positive comments & noted your suggestion as well
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:56   #81
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,393
Thanked: 7,177 Times
Default

Which one would you pick ?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1450765481.116534.jpg
Views: 2907
Size:  466.7 KB

Last edited by karan561 : 22nd December 2015 at 12:04.
karan561 is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:51   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,498
Thanked: 1,517 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Which one would you pick ?
Woah Karan, how about...

..BOTH ??

I get quite anxious every time there is some update on your ownership thread bro, expecting something different this time around

Now that you have access to 2 of the hottest hatches in their respective 'Type of Fuel' segments, can you possibly record a video of the speedometer while accelerating, on these 2 hot steads?

It really has nothing to prove but just an interesting video comparison for the mass.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:22   #83
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 580
Thanked: 1,429 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

The white reverse sensor
Item number on ebay
252072507739
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 23:05   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,393
Thanked: 7,177 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Now that you have access to 2 of the hottest hatches in their respective 'Type of Fuel' segments, can you possibly record a video of the speedometer while accelerating, on these 2 hot steads?

It really has nothing to prove but just an interesting video comparison for the mass.
Hey Vik,

Thanks for your post but sadly this is an old picture & the Abarth is no longer with me now as that was a press car and hence there will be no video of the shootout between these 2 hot hatches.

But do stay tuned as theres more coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
The white reverse sensor
Item number on ebay
252072507739
Thanks a lot, have ordered

Last edited by karan561 : 23rd December 2015 at 23:20.
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 23:49   #85
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,393
Thanked: 7,177 Times
Default

The parking sensors which i had ordered from ebay arrived a couple of days back;

My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1451499424.959345.jpg
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1451499444.880282.jpg
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1451499466.923872.jpg

Cost: Rs 899/- (Incl. shipping)

Special thanks to BHPian samaspire for recommending them to me

Will get them fit by this weekend.

Last edited by karan561 : 30th December 2015 at 23:53.
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 11:56   #86
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 398
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Hello Karan,

I am contemplating replacing my 2014 Ritz Zxi with the Figo Trend diesel since my yearly running on the Ritz is about 20k it seems. Trend is the maximum my budget can permit me. You did mention that the absence of ABS can be felt. Also the rear wash wipe and defogger wont be available in the Trend. So I was wondering if it would be a wise decision considering all other features will be identical.

Also I do see that there is provision for fogs to be fitted in the Trend. Did you consider getting it done ?
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 22:12   #87
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,393
Thanked: 7,177 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Hello Karan,

I am contemplating replacing my 2014 Ritz Zxi with the Figo Trend diesel since my yearly running on the Ritz is about 20k it seems. Trend is the maximum my budget can permit me. You did mention that the absence of ABS can be felt. Also the rear wash wipe and defogger wont be available in the Trend. So I was wondering if it would be a wise decision considering all other features will be identical.

Also I do see that there is provision for fogs to be fitted in the Trend. Did you consider getting it done ?
As your budget permits to go in for TREND i'd suggest go in for it. ABS is something one would miss only when driving on the limit & probably would also make a difference on cement / concrete roads. But still i'd suggest if somehow you can manage going in for Titanium then extend your budget and take the plunge.

Regarding the fogs, well yes it can be fitted on the TREND IIRC the price is around INR 3k.
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 01:49   #88
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,157
Thanked: 5,037 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
...
Parking Sensor Issue;

These are OE Parking sensors & were black initially. Before installing i had asked them to paint the sensors white (I had asked a few of my friends & accessory shops whether painting will spoil the sensor which they said it wont be a problem). But after installation they seem to act confused and are definitely spoilt...
Since you have already got a new one -- I was adviced against painting the black ones on my Swift. Some brands so give body colored sensors (Red Soul is one IIRC). It always better not to have these painted to a different color.

Between, did you get the entire kit for the parking sensors? That seem quite cheap. And is it a universal size?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 08:30   #89
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 580
Thanked: 1,429 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Special thanks to BHPian samaspire for recommending them to me

Will get them fit by this weekend.
can you post all the photos of the wiring. I want to know if any wires were cut or spliced.
samaspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 13:03   #90
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,393
Thanked: 7,177 Times
Default Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Between, did you get the entire kit for the parking sensors? That seem quite cheap. And is it a universal size?
Yes it was an entire kit & they have also provided a front display screen. This was mentioned for use of Figo / Figo Aspire hence may not be used as universal fitment for other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
can you post all the photos of the wiring. I want to know if any wires were cut or spliced.
There was no cutting/splicing required, I'l post the pics & my impressions shortly.

karan561 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update! gemithomas Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1017 31st March 2015 23:52
Ford Figo 1.4L TDCi - A 50K Review icyspikey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 6 16th December 2013 10:21
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report joethomasv Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 481 17th May 2012 20:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks