Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th November 2015, 22:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
It is a loyalty card wherein you would accumulate points for any purchases made in the Nexa accessories store. These points can then be redeemed in the form of cash discounts in the next round of accessory purchase.
This should have been a complementary issue to all Nexa customers. Charging Rs 1K is not at all fair on the part of Maruti.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 23:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
So which is the trim that you have booked and why?

Thanks a lot for clearing the air on the rear visibility of the car.

I have booked an Alpha Petrol. Primarily because of the projector headlights with integrated DRLs. They completely transform the frontal look of the car. Zeta and below trims with the reflector headlamps have an uncanny resemblance to Swift from the front, and were not giving me a new car feel, look wise. Also, i like All Things Apple, so couldn't let go of the chance of owning the first Indian car with Apple CarPlay !
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 10:22   #18
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on getting the new Baleno beast. Excellent review, thanks for sharing
A friend has recently booked the Alpha Petrol variant and he mentioned that he had no choice as no other variant comes with Driver's seat adjustment.
Since the seat height adjuster is the lever type operated manually (unlike a powered one that usually has a jog) I was wondering if this cannot be sourced after market. Any idea ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 10:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Congratulations on getting the new Baleno beast. Excellent review, thanks for sharing
A friend has recently booked the Alpha Petrol variant and he mentioned that he had no choice as no other variant comes with Driver's seat adjustment.
Since the seat height adjuster is the lever type operated manually (unlike a powered one that usually has a jog) I was wondering if this cannot be sourced after market. Any idea ?
Zeta version also has driver seat height adjustment.

To my knowledge you might not have cars in this segment(compact sedan / bigger hatch) or even segment just above with electronic seat height adjustment. All of them have to be manually adjusted.
abhik897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 15:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
This should have been a complementary issue to all Nexa customers. Charging Rs 1K is not at all fair on the part of Maruti.
Nothing is complimentary in life sir! If Nexa would have planned to issue this card complementary to its customers, it would have had already built its cost in the ex-showroom price. In that case, probably, the base Sigma Petrol would be 5.00 lacs instead of 4.99 lacs!
viv_cal is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 19:15   #21
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on getting the Baleno Alpha. Even I should be getting one next year.

Could you tell if the NEXA card is of any use? Did you get any benefits while buying the accessories.

Also could you show how the rear reverse lamps light up considering there are two of them on each light.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 20:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing is complimentary in life sir! If Nexa would have planned to issue this card complementary to its customers, it would have had already built its cost in the ex-showroom price. In that case, probably, the base Sigma Petrol would be 5.00 lacs instead of 4.99 lacs!
I beg to differ. Now also it becomes 5 lacs if you buy a Nexa card .
Maruti used to issue Maruti Autocard free of any cost earlier and the points accumulated on card spending were eligible for redemption for services & spares at dealerships.

To know more try this link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-autocard.html (Maruti Suzuki Autocard)

Last edited by rajeev k : 27th November 2015 at 21:12.
Old 28th November 2015, 01:24   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on your car.

I dont know if its just me but a boot would nicely integrate with this car. much better than dzire
LoneWolf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 12:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Now also it becomes 5 lacs if you buy a Nexa card.
Agreed, but one still has a chance of owning it at 4.99 if they don't buy the Nexa card.
viv_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 19:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, but one still has a chance of owning it at 4.99 if they don't buy the Nexa card.
Agreed. The Nexa card is a co-branded credit card of HDFC Bank. The earlier Maruti Autocard was issued by Citi Bank initially and subsequently by SBI. All these cards were free issue ones. For that matter almost all cards are issued free of any charge today.
Moreover, being a co-branded card, Maruti won't incur any expense on this head and the price will stay at Rs. 4.99 L. itself.

Last edited by rajeev k : 28th November 2015 at 19:24.
Old 28th November 2015, 20:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Congratulations on getting the Baleno Alpha. Even I should be getting one next year.

Could you tell if the NEXA card is of any use? Did you get any benefits while buying the accessories.

Also could you show how the rear reverse lamps light up considering there are two of them on each light.
Thanks for your wishes and all the best for your future purchase of the Baleno.

As of now I am still to use my nexa card. I had purchased my basic accessories along with taking the delivery of the car hence no benefits at that time . I shall certainly keep you posted when I purchase any new accessories from nexa on how much benefit I am getting on it.

After reading your query on the reverse light I actually tested the lights and the bottom most white colour light portion doesn't glow under any circumstances but it does have some LED lights inside it. The reverse light and the side indicators are side by side.

In case any of the new owners could guide me on its usage would be very great.
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 23:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
As of now I am still to use my nexa card. I had purchased my basic accessories along with taking the delivery of the car hence no benefits at that time .

So does that mean that one should not buy the accessories during car delivery, and rather go after a day or two to get benefits in the Nexa card for accessory purchase ?
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 10:11   #28
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your wishes and all the best for your future purchase of the Baleno.

As of now I am still to use my nexa card. I had purchased my basic accessories along with taking the delivery of the car hence no benefits at that time . I shall certainly keep you posted when I purchase any new accessories from nexa on how much benefit I am getting on it.

After reading your query on the reverse light I actually tested the lights and the bottom most white colour light portion doesn't glow under any circumstances but it does have some LED lights inside it. The reverse light and the side indicators are side by side.

In case any of the new owners could guide me on its usage would be very great.
May be a glimpse through the user manual should help to understand the use of those lights.

Quote:
So does that mean that one should not buy the accessories during car delivery, and rather go after a day or two to get benefits in the Nexa card for accessory purchase ?
Exactly my thought. Also if they are providing points on per purchase. Wouldn't it make sense to swipe the card for each item separately. I am thinking of not getting the NEXA card as I am interested in the Alpha trim which is fully loaded and by the time I will be getting one the market should already have after market options. 3D mats and those Bentley style grills have already started coming to the market.

Any idea if that card helps to lower the service costs? That would be more beneficial to the customer.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 11:49   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Abhik897 for you new purchase, the ride looks beautiful in the color you chose and an excellent review too. Wish you lots of happy miles in your dream car.

One thing that always put me off MSIL guys is their attitude for overlooking minute details in customer satisfaction. The 2nd pic of your thread also tells the same story, it looks like that the cover used was for smaller cars like alto but was MODIFIED by someone to serve dual purpose for mid level hatchbacks too.
Attached Thumbnails
The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)-image.jpeg  

naveendagar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 13:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Congratulations on your car.

I dont know if its just me but a boot would nicely integrate with this car. much better than dzire
Thanks for your wishes.

Given Suzuki's penchant to use any car platform extensively in various forms and sizes, I wont be surprised we could all see some or other forms of this new Baleno in a sedan/ Crossover/ SUV types. But given the Baleno is 3995 mm long, making a sedan out of this car might just take it over 4 meter length and then it would be right in Ciaz territory in terms of pricing with the increased tax slabs.

Quote:
As of now you will get the Nexa card almost a month post your car delivered at your home address. So actually I am still to get hold of mine. My RM has confirmed that in case that card doesn't reflect the purchase already made by me then they shall do the needful.

The ones who are purchasing the car can please update me if there is change in process of delivering of this card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Exactly my thought. Also if they are providing points on per purchase. Wouldn't it make sense to swipe the card for each item separately. I am thinking of not getting the NEXA card as I am interested in the Alpha trim which is fully loaded and by the time I will be getting one the market should already have after market options. 3D mats and those Bentley style grills have already started coming to the market.

Any idea if that card helps to lower the service costs? That would be more beneficial to the customer.
As per my discussion with my RM, this card will help to have a robust database of lifetime purchases of accessories/ services done across authorized service centers so that you can take benefit of the points system seamlessly across the Maruti network. This is their endeavor, however how it rolls out on the ground only time will tell. And for your query pertaining to whether it will help lower the service cost, I have been given to understand that it will be as all purchases of any spares will also reflect as points in this Nexa card (although the exact conversion of "y" amount of purchase to "x" number of points and all is still not available). Given S-cross has been available for slightly more time, I guess S-cross owners will be able to better help us on this query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
Congratulations Abhik897 for you new purchase, the ride looks beautiful in the color you chose and an excellent review too. Wish you lots of happy miles in your dream car.

One thing that always put me off MSIL guys is their attitude for overlooking minute details in customer satisfaction. The 2nd pic of your thread also tells the same story, it looks like that the cover used was for smaller cars like alto but was MODIFIED by someone to serve dual purpose for mid level hatchbacks too.
Thanks naveendagar for your wishes.

Completely agree with you on that point that the car cover looked a bit shoddy to say the least. But the experience of the overall car delivery with new customer name displayed in the car delivery area and with the photo ops done by the showroom staff (which by their own admission had to be sent to MSIL higherups for each and every car delivered as proof of all protocols been covered for each car) was slightly different and special.

Note from Support : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th November 2015 at 13:40. Reason: Please read the note posted above.
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote