Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th November 2015, 13:34   #31
BHPian

Default Re: The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Any idea if that card helps to lower the service costs? That would be more beneficial to the customer.
Completely agree, getting discounts on service bills through the card would be really beneficial. But knowing MSIL, i doubt of that possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
As of now you will get the Nexa card almost a month post your car delivered at your home address. So actually I am still to get hold of mine. My RM has confirmed that in case that card doesn't reflect the purchase already made by me then they shall do the needful.

The ones who are purchasing the car can please update me if there is change in process of delivering of this card.
So you are saying that even though one will get the card 1 month post purchase, it will reflect the accessory purchases made during the time of delivery?
I intend to follow-up with my SA regarding the status of my car today, and will check with him on this topic too.
viv_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 13:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
So you are saying that even though one will get the card 1 month post purchase, it will reflect the accessory purchases made during the time of delivery?
Yes as per my discussion it will reflect my initial purchase. However in case, it doesn't they shall do the needful.
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 18:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Any idea if that card helps to lower the service costs? That would be more beneficial to the customer.
Quote:
As of now you will get the Nexa card almost a month post your car delivered at your home address. So actually I am still to get hold of mine. My RM has confirmed that in case that card doesn't reflect the purchase already made by me then they shall do the needful.
...... the exact conversion of "y" amount of purchase to "x" number of points and all is still not available).
I got a Maruti Autocard, a similar cobranded Citibank card free of any initial charges in 2006, after my purchase of a Swift and I used to redeem accumulated points at authorised Service Centres. No additional benefits were available then.
Points gets accumulated against use of this card for car services as well as for other purchases.

This link gives more details on the Nexa HDFC card and on accumulation of points: http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/cre...es-credit-cardfor services then.

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th November 2015 at 18:09.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 20:57   #34
BHPian

I did my second tankful post travelling 297 kms and filled in 20.18 litres of petrol , giving a good mileage of 14.8 kmpl.
This time my city highway mix was 70 : 30 , with nearly half of city drive is slow to very slow traffic . AC on for roughly 75 % of times.

P.S. The first tankful when I did I got 15.7 kmpl mileage , but then I had more highway driving.

For all fellow bhpians taking delivery of the Baleno one word of advice, please check the tyre pressure when you are taking your car delivery. When I went to do my first tankful I realised that tyre pressure was varying between 37 to 39 in my four tyres. Decreased it to 30 in all tyres and the ride quality has improved greatly.
abhik897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 13:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I did my second tankful post travelling 297 kms and filled in 20.18 litres of petrol , giving a good mileage of 14.8 kmpl.
This time my city highway mix was 70 : 30 , with nearly half of city drive is slow to very slow traffic . AC on for roughly 75 % of times.

P.S. The first tankful when I did I got 15.7 kmpl mileage , but then I had more highway driving.
This appears like a more realistic mileage. Can expect it to improve further post a couple of services, and actually provide 17-18 kmpl in city, as per the claims of the dealership. Atleast Baleno ticks all the right boxes in the "kitna deti hai" department!
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 02:48   #36
BHPian

Congratulations abhik897, your ride does look sweet in that colour. Have also booked the same colour variant combo and hope to get delivery soon.
One question I had was, are the steering mounted controls backlit on the Baleno? Have not had such information available on any of the reviews. If you could confirm the same?
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 08:29   #37
BHPian

Great first review there.
Congrats on the car. Enjoy a trouble free ownership.

It looks great in that color. I drove a diesel, and was impressed by the car. The Baleno is here to stir up the segment.

Can I ask you to take some time and do a dedicated review of the NAV system?
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 10:59   #38
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride and a wonderful review.

For many of us here who are desperately waiting for the official review, this is a book

I had booked a Granite Grey Petrol Zeta on mid Nov and still waiting for the delivery

Some qns:
1) Where is the 5th tyre placed?
2) Is the 5th tyre too with aloy?
3) How did you find the horn? That was one thing I disliked during my test drive
4) Can you provide your feedback on UV cut glass?
5) Does rear passengers get 2 seat covers?
6) How is AC at rear?
7) The mileage you found was manually calculated or the one provided in the display unit? Does both these tally?
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 11:37   #39
BHPian

Congratulations Abhishek! It would probably be the first time, where we have an ownership report coming before official TBHP report. I bet there will be lot more queries form fellow bhpians on how the car behaves before they take the plunge.

Ray Blue definitely seem to the most popular choice among all buyers. Even the TD vehicles were Ray Blue.

Your nervous pre-booking experience would have never gone wrong with a Maruti. Simple reason being Maruti's after sales service and their knowledge of Indian buyers and road conditions is enough for many to go and book any car from their stables blindly.

Wishing you many more miles in your new purchase. Please do update your thread regularly, as there are many more waiting on the dotted line and some competitors like me (a Jazz owner) would like to know more on your machine and what we missed to see and feel which you did for making a purchase decision.
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 12:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
One question I had was, are the steering mounted controls backlit on the Baleno?
Yes, the steering mounted controls are backlit. But the power window buttons (except on the driver's side) are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Some qns:
1) Where is the 5th tyre placed?
2) Is the 5th tyre too with aloy?
3) How did you find the horn? That was one thing I disliked during my test drive
1) In the boot

2) Nope, its a steel tyre. For Alpha variant, the spare tyre is R15 instead of the R16s on the 4 wheels

3) Yes, horn placement is indeed not the best. And it is a bit hard too. But the brighter side is that Baleno users will probably honk less and contribute in alleviating noise pollution

The remaining questions, Abhishek can answer better i guess, as i am still waiting delivery of my car
viv_cal is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 13:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
5) Does rear passengers get 2 seat covers?
Unable to edit the original post now
5) Does rear passengers get 2 seat pockets?
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 07:50   #42
BHPian

Hi Abhishek congratulations for your baleno in its flagship color. I think this would be 1st initial ownership review of New Baleno. Well said, few things can be taken for granted, considering the swift as base for decision making. I personally had feel of a car at Autocar performance show, being a owner of new gen Swift ZDi, I was impressed with the way things are out together for this baleno, considering we have always cursed Swift when it comes to rear space and bootspace. At this price point, IMO especially petrol 1.2 sounds VFM proposition over its competition and also over its very own Swift.
One question. If you could tell us, how is steering feel compared to new swift?
By the way decade ago, my father use to own Baleno Altura 1.6.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 20:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
One question I had was, are the steering mounted controls backlit on the Baleno?
Hey akhil994, many thanks for your wishes. And best wishes for your purchase as well. Do write in an ownership review when you get yours. As told by viv, all the steering mounted controls are backlit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Can I ask you to take some time and do a dedicated review of the NAV system?
landcruiser123, many thanks for your good wishes. I shall try and do a detailed review of the NAV system. Have used it intermittently as of now, and it does have most of the major co-ordinates for a city like Mumbai. I am still to take it outside Mumbai for a long drive, but I shall try and compile one soon.

Quote:
Congrats on the new ride and a wonderful review.

For many of us here who are desperately waiting for the official review, this is a book

I had booked a Granite Grey Petrol Zeta on mid Nov and still waiting for the delivery

Some qns:
1) Where is the 5th tyre placed? Under the boot

2) Is the 5th tyre too with aloy? The fifth tyre in a normal tyre, of R15 configuration, and that also of MRF. You have to inflate it to 34 psi pressure when you have to use it to match other tyres. Other stock tyres are all Apollo. Explanation given by Nexa was that it was to doubly identify the spare tyre with other tyres. I found it very wierd, but also found similar thing in the new Jazz where the spare tyre is smaller and of a different brand than other tyres. But to say the least its a bit weird.

3) How did you find the horn? That was one thing I disliked during my test drive. I owned the previous generation Alto before this, and using the horn in the 2 spoke steering was a breeze. Coming from that, it certainly took a bit of time for me to get used to the horn in the Baleno. If you hold the steering at the ends of spoke 1 and 3, you will not be able to access the horn by your thumb, which is kinda bit inconvenient in driving in a crazy city like Mumbai. Hence I drive holding one of the hands in the middle spoke from where I can use the thumb to access the horn. I must admit that my horn usage has gone down post driving the Baleno something which I am happy about.

4) Can you provide your feedback on UV cut glass? I found it to be very useful. The car doesn't get very hot and I am very sure the efficiency of the AC is much better due to this. In mid afternoon, at 35C plus outside temperature also, the inside temperature is pretty well maintained. at home and office, I have to park under sun, and whenever I have used the car in afternoon, I feel the inside is not baking hot. But frankly, I cannot compare the same with non-UV cut glass, hence I cannot vouch for sure, but I do feel it is effective.

5) Does rear passengers get 2 seat pockets?
It's a very interesting query and frankly I checked it out for the first time post your query, and to my surprise I found that there is rear seat pocket only for the co-passenger seat and not for the driver seat. Wonder what is the logic for the same. But yes, your query did prod me to find me something new about the car.

6) How is AC at rear?
The AC is very effective and you will not miss the rear AC vents. I have carried passengers in the back seat in mid afternoon, and I must admit that the AC chills the cabin very fast, and I need't maintain the fan speed very high or so for the rear passengers to feel the effect.

7) The mileage you found was manually calculated or the one provided in the display unit? Does both these tally?
All my mileage calculations have been done on a tankful to tankful basis. The one indicated on the display unit was about 0.5-0.75 kmpl more in each of the cases.

Hey rajesh1868, many thanks for your wishes and heartiest congo to you as well for your new purchase, just praying your car gets delivered soon. Do write in an ownership review when you get yours. I am writing my answers against each of your queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Congratulations Abhishek! It would probably be the first time, where we have an ownership report coming before official TBHP report. I bet there will be lot more queries form fellow bhpians on how the car behaves before they take the plunge.

Hey itzvicky201, many thanks for your wishes. I decided to write this review purely for our fellow bhpians since there were so many who are still not able to get a good test drive given the stupid delivery format of Nexa and the crazy rush for the car which also led to a host of misconceptions also. Apart from the fact that this is from MSIL, I have no doubt that the car will be successful in India and for a lot of right reasons too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
The remaining questions, Abhishek can answer better i guess, as i am still waiting delivery of my car
Hey viv_cal, many thanks for your prompt responses. Have been caught up with loads of work and hence have not been able to be regular on the forum. Hope you get your car delivery soon and awaiting to see your ownership forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruddha_Ch View Post
At this price point, IMO especially petrol 1.2 sounds VFM proposition over its competition and also over its very own Swift.
One question. If you could tell us, how is steering feel compared to new swift?
By the way decade ago, my father use to own Baleno Altura 1.6.
Hey Aniruddha_Ch, many thanks for your wishes. I completely agree with your point on the VFM proposition this car has in the 6-9 lakhs OTR category.
I have driven the new swift and I feel its exactly the same in terms of steering feedback and movement in the baleno. Its not as light as the ones in Hyundai, but gives excellent feedback as speed increases and gives you confidence.
Old 9th December 2015, 21:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Aniruddha_Ch, many thanks for your wishes. I completely agree with your point on the VFM proposition this car has in the 6-9 lakhs OTR category.
I have driven the new swift and I feel its exactly the same in terms of steering feedback and movement in the baleno. Its not as light as the ones in Hyundai, but gives excellent feedback as speed increases and gives you confidence.
That's great to know that maruti haven't compromised on steering feedback like other manufacturers. Swift's steering is like balance of both the worlds, whether you are on highway or at city speeds.
I asked you this doubt because I personally find Ciaz steering and suspension setup on softer side, also heard same reviews about S- cross, though I haven't driven S- cross personally.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 09:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruddha_Ch View Post
I asked you this doubt because I personally find Ciaz steering and suspension setup on softer side, also heard same reviews about S- cross, though I haven't driven S- cross personally.
On the suspension front also, it's at par pr even better than the swift I feel. Its certainly not soft and I feel its nicely adapted for indian road conditions. Frankly I haven't driven the Ciaz or S Cross, hence won't be able to comment on the same.