Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 12:37   #136
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyboy101 View Post
Hi, I just took delivery of the Jazz V CVT. No discounts but I asked for the armrest to which they agreed (Solitaire Honda, Andheri). Now, on delivery (they came with the part a day later), I noticed the armrest is not the same as the one in the official accessories list/ Mr GK Mahajan's one from the photos. It looks like an after market piece. I am meeting them today but they seem to be adamant that this is what was going to be given to me. I expected the normal official accessory!?
Does the official accessory say Honda anywhere? Does any one have more images? Will see what they have to say today before escalating the issue.
P.s.- I did not pay for the accessory, It was kinda like a discount...but still.
I could have bought this off aliexpress / milind subway and gotten something else instead.
Is this worth making an issue of?
Dear Sandyboy101,

Congratulations on your new steed!

Regarding the armrest, I do not think it is the original one. However, I have a feeling that these guys will not just 'give' a free 16000 Rs item! I would say - stop thinking about it. Just decide on the basis of its functionality. If it is working as desired - if your arm gets a bit of rest - if your gear shifts are easy - then - just enjoy it. Remember you are always wiser after the incidence/experience! By the way, I think the original accessory does not say 'Honda' anywhere. Anyway, I will try to check it out in the evening.

Happy driving! Safe driving!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 14:33   #137
Newbie
 
Sandyboy101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Thanks Girish, they are discussing with their higher ups as to what is to be done. It was agreed that this is not the official accessory but an aftermarket one costing 10k.
Let's see what they tell me.
Sandyboy101 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 21:16   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 113
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
If you have got your TD, what is your feedback?
Hi Girish,

I was able to get a TD last weekend. Including the sales rep, we were 5 adults in the car. TD was for about 10km, on some smooth surface as well as broken/no road sections. Some observations:

1. Engine is super refined, as echoed/acknowledged by everyone. I couldn't tell if the engine was on.
2. Lots of cabin as well as boot space. Airy cabin. Rear bench can seat 3 adults, under-thigh support and head/neck rest could be better. Not bad though.
3. To me, car offers maximum benefits at low/crawling speeds, where I experience most strain on my left knee. Just a light touch on the accelerator, and car sprints forward eagerly. Absolute boon in bumper to bumper Blore traffic, that I coincidentally faced even though it was a Saturday.
4. Conversely, doing high speeds was less than exhilarating. I felt the car was running out of breath at 80+. I was in D mode all the time, and didn't try out the S mode/paddle shifters. In hindsight, I should have tested it.
5. Absolutely fantastic experience in the cabin at all speeds, under different road conditions we experienced. Potholes, speed humps were well absorbed; no rattles, no jerks. Coupled with refined engine, you get a premium/luxury feel in the cabin - sorta reminded of a ride in Lexus
6. Ground clearance - this was an issue. I had to go over two similar sized humps spaced about 15 feet apart. Car scraped the first one, while no issue on the second. This was with 5 adults and empty boot. These were not overly big humps, and there are much bigger humps almost all around Bangalore. So, this is a bit of concern. Probably, the larger wheel base is what causes issue.
7. AC/cabin cooling was less than satisfactory. We tried both auto and manual modes, but couldn't bring the cooling/temp to desired level in the short TD. Touch panel for HVAC was nice.
8. Light steering. My current hatch is a Palio, so it was a night and day difference

All in all, an excellent car for in-city/daily commute. Should be able to manage highway drives as well, given my driving style. I need to do some more CBA (cost benefit analysis), and weigh it against my core requirements once again. Zero discounts, waiting period of 6 weeks.
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 11:36   #139
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Dear prashkul,

Thanks for the response.

I am adding my comments in your points in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Hi Girish,

I was able to get a TD last weekend. Including the sales rep, we were 5 adults in the car. TD was for about 10km, on some smooth surface as well as broken/no road sections. Some observations:

1. Engine is super refined, as echoed/acknowledged by everyone. I couldn't tell if the engine was on.
2. Lots of cabin as well as boot space. Airy cabin. Rear bench can seat 3 adults, under-thigh support and head/neck rest could be better. Not bad though.
3. To me, car offers maximum benefits at low/crawling speeds, where I experience most strain on my left knee. Just a light touch on the accelerator, and car sprints forward eagerly. Absolute boon in bumper to bumper Blore traffic, that I coincidentally faced even though it was a Saturday.
4. Conversely, doing high speeds was less than exhilarating. I felt the car was running out of breath at 80+. I was in D mode all the time, and didn't try out the S mode/paddle shifters. In hindsight, I should have tested it.

Girish Mahajan : I have driven the car in D mode with 4 adults and luggage on the highway and the pickup was nice. In fact, post 70~80 kmph the pickup seemed to increase. I felt that the pickup increases 'drastically' once it crosses about 2500 rpm. In the S(ports) mode the Jazz is a different animal altogether!!

Quote:
5. Absolutely fantastic experience in the cabin at all speeds, under different road conditions we experienced. Potholes, speed humps were well absorbed; no rattles, no jerks. Coupled with refined engine, you get a premium/luxury feel in the cabin - sorta reminded of a ride in Lexus
6. Ground clearance - this was an issue. I had to go over two similar sized humps spaced about 15 feet apart. Car scraped the first one, while no issue on the second. This was with 5 adults and empty boot. These were not overly big humps, and there are much bigger humps almost all around Bangalore. So, this is a bit of concern. Probably, the larger wheel base is what causes issue.
Girish Mahajan : I feel that you may need to find the 'right' speed for a particular hump. I feel Thane district has the worst speed breakers that I have ever seen! My Honda City ZX VTEC used to scrape in many places. On the same 'car breakers' my Jazz just sails over! I can mention something else here - one Honda dealer mentioned this and I think it is right - the sound is disturbing but there is no damage to the car. Some non critical parts make a contact. You can actually raise the car on a ramp and see!

Quote:
7. AC/cabin cooling was less than satisfactory. We tried both auto and manual modes, but couldn't bring the cooling/temp to desired level in the short TD. Touch panel for HVAC was nice.

Girish Mahajan : I am shocked! That particular car must have some problem. To date I have driven 2 different TD cars (one in Mumbai and one in Pune) and my car. In all these cars I had to set 24 to 26 C - otherwise the bones start rattling!

Quote:
8. Light steering. My current hatch is a Palio, so it was a night and day difference

All in all, an excellent car for in-city/daily commute. Should be able to manage highway drives as well, given my driving style. I need to do some more CBA (cost benefit analysis), and weigh it against my core requirements once again. Zero discounts, waiting period of 6 weeks.
My impression is that overall you seem satisfied. I would say that you should not spend too much time and effort on 'analysis'!! Just go get it!!

Best of luck with your decision.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th October 2016 at 09:57. Reason: Please do NOT reply within quotes using bold. Check your PM inbox.
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 23:02   #140
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Mod note: Space between paragraph breaks helps with readability, do a Preview before Posting please. Thanks

Dear Mr Mahajan,

I came across your ownership write up while hunting for an automatic. I must admit it has been a very good write up – precise and taut, as can be penned by an Engineer! I sat the entire evening in front of the laptop savoring every reply.

My work horse, the trusty 8 year old diesel Ford Fusion has done 1.8 Lakh KMS but Knee seems to be giving up. Years of driving manual shifts both diesel and petrol, in city and highways have taken a toll. Age has caught up, sedentary life style and growing kids (also of bigger build) have made me think of a replacement that is also frugal and stress free to both driving and owning.

I drive around 30 KMS five days a week and on weekends I drive to my village with one of my kid- 350 KMS round trip with around 100 KMS ghat sections, up and down. I tried the PUGH matrix which zeroed on Ameo Diesel DSG but your write up has given me a strong reason to look at Jazz as an alternative. ( Also it’s a hatchback similar to my old Fusion).

I seek your advice on making my choice keeping in mind I do have to drive in kucha roads/mud roads, broken tarmac also.

Thank you in advance.

Please keep the thread alive, its better than a serial!
Rajaram Keelar

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2016 at 23:47.
rkeelar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 13:15   #141
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkeelar View Post
Dear Mr Mahajan,

I came across your ownership write up while hunting for an automatic. I must admit it has been a very good write up precise and taut, as can be penned by an Engineer! I sat the entire evening in front of the laptop savoring every reply.

My work horse, the trusty 8 year old diesel Ford Fusion has done 1.8 Lakh KMS but Knee seems to be giving up. Years of driving manual shifts both diesel and petrol, in city and highways have taken a toll. Age has caught up, sedentary life style and growing kids (also of bigger build) have made me think of a replacement that is also frugal and stress free to both driving and owning.

I drive around 30 KMS five days a week and on weekends I drive to my village with one of my kid- 350 KMS round trip with around 100 KMS ghat sections, up and down. I tried the PUGH matrix which zeroed on Ameo Diesel DSG but your write up has given me a strong reason to look at Jazz as an alternative. ( Also its a hatchback similar to my old Fusion).

I seek your advice on making my choice keeping in mind I do have to drive in kucha roads/mud roads, broken tarmac also.

Thank you in advance.

Please keep the thread alive, its better than a serial!
Rajaram Keelar
Dear Rajaram Keelar,

I am sorry - I have not visited this site for a couple of days. Otherwise, I would have answered earlier.

First - thanks for the compliments. A large part of the credit goes to the moderators with special mention of GTO.

Regarding your car choice - I think Ameo Diesel DSG is a good car. I have no first hand experience of it. However, just my personal opinion - I would still choose the Jazz over the Ameo. I have a petrol Jazz and a diesel Scorpio. My feeling is that, for the kind of travelling you have described, the Jazz with its super silent engine and super smooth driving experience is better than the Ameo. Finally, it is a personal choice. So, take as many test drives as you can (of both cars) and then decide.

Since you have posted on this thread, maybe subconsciously you have already decided on the Jazz! Just go for it!!

Feel free to call me any time that you want to discuss directly with me.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slick - My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT urajkumar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 23 23rd December 2015 14:39
Honda recalls 3,879 units of the City CVT - Updated software to optimize CVT hydraulics ashwin.terminat The Indian Car Scene 6 27th October 2015 16:57
CVT version accounts for 40% of Honda Jazz bookings Aditya The Indian Car Scene 34 17th July 2015 23:25
2013 India plans for Nissan. Micra CVT, Sunny CVT, compact SUV and Datsun announced sarthakgupta The Indian Car Scene 10 24th May 2013 13:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks