Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th July 2017, 09:38   #181
BHPian

Default Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

[quote=Satishtv;4236957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Thank you kiransg for the nice words. I am flattered.

Mahajan Sir, This was a fabulous informative review. I read the thread in one go.

I am in the same boat as you were in Oct 2015. I am confused between the Jazz and Baleno

I have a few pointed questions about your family's experience with the Jazz

1) Do you use the sports mode with the paddle shifters? Are the paddle shifters useful?
2) Is it comfortable to sit in the rear seats? I am concerned about the absence of the headrests in the rear seats
3) In the absence of the hill hold assist, how comfortable is it for your wife to drive the car when stopped in steep inclines?
4) On an average what service cost are you getting every six months?
5) Do you miss the magic seats of the top end?
6) And finally, as of today would you still recommend the Jazz or a different hatchback?

I will be thrilled to see your answers. I hope it will help in my decision making
Dear Satishtv,

Thanks for the praise.

Let me try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities:

1) I have 'experimented' with the sports mode. The car becomes a totally different animal! I am more of a sedate driver and used it only in few occasions. The paddle shifters are more practical than the sports mode - at least to me. You can use sharp pickup and it will go to automatic mode in a few seconds. From Sep 2016, my wife uses the Jazz. She has not used the sports mode or the paddle shifters even once! (Note to self: I need to remind her that these are good options! )

2) The rear seats have rarely seated me! However, they are extremely comfortable. No-one has yet complained about the fixed headrests. The angle is also comfortable and - best - the width is more than enough for three pax.

3) The CVT seems to have something equivalent to the hill hold assist. In the ghats it has never gone back while starting. Maybe we have not tested the threshold point. For all practical slopes, I would say that there is no issue starting up a steep incline. In the worst case - use the Sports mode!

4) I have not really kept a track of the regular costs. I think it is less than 5k per 6 months. Edit: From Honda Connect I got this info:
3 months 350, 6 months 9978 (including Honda Connect), 1 yr 8878, 1.5 yr 5832.

5) Magic seats - aha - the controversy! Actually, if you read my review, you will have noticed my comments on this. Even at the time of buying the car, I was confident that I would not have used this feature. I have not faced a single situation, when I would have been happier with the Magic seats.

6) If you are selecting a hatchback for the drive thrills - irrespective of other factors - I would suggest the VW Polo TSI. If not, Jazz is the way to go. Note: there have been new entrants since I did my evaluation and I am not qualified to comment on them. However, looking at reviews and sales figures, I think the situation is not drastically changed.

I hope I have made myself clear. Please feel free to raise as many queries as you feel like.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 10:48   #182
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

[quote=GKMahajan;4237131]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post

5) Magic seats I have not faced a single situation, when I would have been happier with the Magic seats.

6) If you are selecting a hatchback for the drive thrills - irrespective of other factors - I would suggest the VW Polo TSI.
I was looking for an AT hatcback around 10 L back in May/Jun 2015. Look at everything from Brio to A class
Then based on what I "wanted" and the cost the shortlist was down to Jazz CVT and Polo GT TSI

Loved the Jazz. But felt shortchanged for not having a CVT in VX trim and having to settle for a V trim. I would have paid more for VX and may be a 1.5 l engine if that was an option. I would have been able to dump my cycle (really miss my cycle when I go to remote places). I really think there is a market for a "top end" VX CVT. Not sure why Honda is not listening.

Polo was able to pull enough strings in my heart. DSG with Turbo Petrol was just too good a combo at that price.

Last edited by freedom : 20th July 2017 at 10:50.
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 11:04   #183
BHPian

[quote=freedom;4237182]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post

Loved the Jazz. But felt shortchanged for not having a CVT in VX trim and having to settle for a V trim. I would have paid more for VX and may be a 1.5 l engine if that was an option. I would have been able to dump my cycle (really miss my cycle when I go to remote places). I really think there is a market for a "top end" VX CVT. Not sure why Honda is not listening.

Polo was able to pull enough strings in my heart. DSG with Turbo Petrol was just too good a combo at that price.
I completely agree with you. I would have paid the money for the VX variant of the Jazz.

I love the Polo GT TSI and it is by far the best automatic i have test driven during this selection period. My only grouse is with the reliability of the DSG gear box. Moreover, If I don't buy the Jazz now, I may just wait for the new Polo until next year and buy the same...
Satishtv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 11:17   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

They (incl Honda) have reverted to the old practice of offering the 2nd from Top variant in the AT trim. I feel there is enough demand to warrant the top trim as well.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 09:46   #185
BHPian

Hello Jazzers/friends,

I have been driving the Jazz for the last couple of weeks - as my Scorpio is in the service center.

Today drove from Pune to Mira Road.
Tank full to present condition - 208.6 km @15.4 kmpl (includes 2:30 hours for 18.3 km in Pune city at 8 kmph average speed - on the 13 Oct 2017 - it rained 100.8 mm in one hour!!!!)

Pune to Mira Road only - 167.1 km @21.0 kmpl
Range balance - 358 km. This means the tank fill to empty range is estimated to be 358 + 209 = 567 km at least - and mind you - the tank was not really empty when I filled it - it was showing a balance of 50+!! So the real range is in excess of 600 km for mixed driving.

The odo is at 17619 km. The car has completed almost exactly 23.5 months.

I love my Jazz!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote