Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th January 2016, 13:40   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Ride to Glide: Maruti S-Cross 1.3 Zeta

A great thread, Ajay! You're making me scratch that S-Cross itch even harder now...
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 14:02   #17
BHPian

Honestly had been waiting for your ownership report since the day you booked the S-Cross!

Very diligent of you to choose the S-Cross, in fact I think that S-Cross is just the perfect option for people upgrading from Ritz/Swift and who want to stay in the Suzuki stable.

I am yet to see a new launch which has this sort of equipment list, built quality and price tag.

Having test driven the S-Cross twice, I can vouch for the awesome drive. I was one of the first lucky few to see the S-Cross in flesh in the stockyard of Nexa, Shivajinagar.

I am at least a couple of years away from buying S-Cross zeta 200 in the grey color, since my Ritz is running great and I have absolutely no intention to take the depreciation hit yet (perils of getting married).

Just hoping the S-Cross stays strong in the market!
Ritzvxi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 19:54   #18
BHPian

Ajay, congrats on your new purchase. I am also seriously considering 1.3 Zeta. By the way did you buy the seat cover from Nexa? Can you mention the name of the seat cover as it is given in the Nexa accessories? They look good.
bijujj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 10:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Congratulations on a wonderful and sound choice, Ajay.

Remember to keep the RPMs down before the first 2,000 kms, just to be safe. Once the engine opens up completely, you can be sure of superb fuel efficiency and great open-road performances.

Once again, congratulations to you and your family. Wish you all plenty of happy miles ahead.

Revv' 'er hard, but drive safe. Rated your crisp review a well-deserving 5-stars!
Thank you so much, buddy. Yup, I am trying to control myself from revving beyond 2000 RPM. But honestly, the torque from this machine is truly addictive. I love one thing about this 1.3 engine, "power on demand". Its not in the league of the TDi of VW, but its no slouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
A great thread, Ajay! You're making me scratch that S-Cross itch even harder now...
Stop scratching dude. Go and get one ASAP. Its the best product from Maruti IMO, so far. S-Cross oozes premium-ness from almost every aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Honestly had been waiting for your ownership report since the day you booked the S-Cross!

Very diligent of you to choose the S-Cross, in fact I think that S-Cross is just the perfect option for people upgrading from Ritz/Swift and who want to stay in the Suzuki stable.

Just hoping the S-Cross stays strong in the market!
Thanks a lot. S-Cross is not going anywhere. At least, the 1.3 S-Cross has very good demand and I think it will stay in the 2k per month sales bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
Ajay, congrats on your new purchase. I am also seriously considering 1.3 Zeta. By the way did you buy the seat cover from Nexa? Can you mention the name of the seat cover as it is given in the Nexa accessories? They look good.
Thanks Biju. I think you should stop thinking and go and get one ASAP. Its a wonderful product. And for the seat covers, YES, I got those from NEXA. The MRP was 5490/- and some fitting charges. As you said, the seat covers are of really good quality, if not the best.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 21:27   #20
BHPian

Thanks Ajay. I booked a 1.3 Zeta. To me that looked the most value for money. Will give the details as I get it.
bijujj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 12:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

I got Paint Sealant work done on my S-Cross at 3M on this Wednesday. I also got CR-70 film fitted on the front wind shield. CR70 is very much under the RTO limit of darkness of films and also significantly effective.

The total cost came out to be around 12k INR/-.

My trustworthy person, Swapnil at 3M Baner also checked if underbody coating is required by raising the car, but S-Cross has good engine cover at the bottom and also coating done at few places already. So underbody is not needed for the S-Cross.

The total job took about 5 hours to complete and the result was outstanding. I can straight away feel the anti-glare effect of the Cr70 film during night drives. I still need to check the heat absorbing effect after the film was installed.

The car looks better than the showroom finish IMO, after the 3M paint sealant treatment. Every nook and corner of the car comes alive, so to speak. Overall, thoroughly satisfied with the quality of work.

P.S.; I want to mention about the great fuel efficiency of the S-Cross. I drive through some terrible roads in Pune, which are perennially jammed and the S-cross is delivering me 17.7 to 17.9 FE consistently. The average speed as displayed by the MID is around 17-19 KMph. So you can see how efficient this car is. Pretty happy with the purchase.

Ride to Glide: Maruti S-Cross 1.3 Zeta-3m-copy.jpg

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 29th January 2016 at 12:53.
ajay_satpute is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 16:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I got Paint Sealant work done on my S-Cross at 3M on this Wednesday. I also got CR-70 film fitted on the front wind shield. CR70 is very much under the RTO limit of darkness of films and also significantly effective.

The total cost came out to be around 12k INR/-.

My trustworthy person, Swapnil at 3M Baner also checked if underbody coating is required by raising the car, but S-Cross has good engine cover at the bottom and also coating done at few places already. So underbody is not needed for the S-Cross.

The total job took about 5 hours to complete and the result was outstanding. I can straight away feel the anti-glare effect of the Cr70 film during night drives. I still need to check the heat absorbing effect after the film was installed.

The car looks better than the showroom finish IMO, after the 3M paint sealant treatment. Every nook and corner of the car comes alive, so to speak. Overall, thoroughly satisfied with the quality of work.

P.S.; I want to mention about the great fuel efficiency of the S-Cross. I drive through some terrible roads in Pune, which are perennially jammed and the S-cross is delivering me 17.7 to 17.9 FE consistently. The average speed as displayed by the MID is around 17-19 KMph. So you can see how efficient this car is. Pretty happy with the purchase.

Attachment 1466127
The car looks good.Can you please put in the price break up of the job performed?
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 16:59   #23
BANNED

Congrats Ajay for the new acquisition.
The door lock, unlock behavior (single click vs double click) are all configurable. Hope you might have been already done that.
lovetorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2016, 11:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I got Paint Sealant work done on my S-Cross at 3M on this Wednesday.
What exactly is paint sealant?
rednikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2016, 12:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
What exactly is paint sealant?
You can read about it on the official page here - http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/O.../Car-Exteriors
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 09:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The car looks good.Can you please put in the price break up of the job performed?
Thanks Rakesh ! The price break-up is as follows. S-Cross falls in the LARGE category of 3M, so all costs are based on that.

* Paint Sealant - 4050/-
* 3M CR-70 Front windshield - ~8000/-
* Taxes

I get a 10% discount from 3M Baner as a goodwill for being a loyal customer for over 5 years. I also got a free UV treatment, which can be used anytime in the next 6-8 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Congrats Ajay for the new acquisition.
The door lock, unlock behavior (single click vs double click) are all configurable. Hope you might have been already done that.
Thanks man! Yes, I have finally figured out all possible tweaks.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 23:30   #27
BHPian

You car looks fantastic after the Paint Sealant job by 3M. The more i look at the S-Cross, Iam tending to like it. It is like the A.R.Rahman song. When you hear the first time the song is ok, but after repeating listening you are like wow this song is Amazing.
Special mention of the Rear Spoiler. It looks super and elegant
engine_charan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
You car looks fantastic after the Paint Sealant job by 3M. The more i look at the S-Cross, Iam tending to like it. It is like the A.R.Rahman song. When you hear the first time the song is ok, but after repeating listening you are like wow this song is Amazing.
Special mention of the Rear Spoiler. It looks super and elegant
Thanks a lot !

The looks of S-Cross do grow on you as the time flies. But its the interior quality, superior ride quality, and overall premiumness is what made me go for the S-Cross. And after driving for 3k kms now, add amazing fuel efficiency factor to the growing list of positives of this car. Kudos to Maruti Suzuki!
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:21   #29
BHPian

Doors can be configured to unlock on engine shutdown; you must have changed the config for this already.

On another note, I am wondering whether to fit the rear spoiler or not. Other than looks, does it serve any purpose?
sagara999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:59   #30
BHPian

Nice thread brother, and i am seriously considering buying the SCross as an upgrade to my Ritz diesel. I have the below questions:

Front windshield coat: Can you explain what this coat does? Is it an effective solution to reduce the high beam glare at night ?

Engine RPM: Can you please share the rpm on 5th gear for the below speeds?
100, 120, 140. The reason i am asking this is what my ritz feels very strained above 120, on 4 lanes expressways i feel the car should be capable to do such speeds at ease with no strain to give a pleasant driving experience.

Please note, i don't do high speed runs unless its a proper fenced expressway with great visibility ahead.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote