Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th July 2016, 13:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ride to Glide: Maruti S-Cross 1.3 Zeta

I came back from the Nashik trip on Tuesday evening. The entire driving experience on all sorts of roads and in heavy rains was just fantastic. All the properties of the car, such as good ground clearance, fantastic brakes, superb handling and amazing fuel efficiency, make such road trips just wonderful.

The car returned an average FE of ~24 kmpl for the entire trip, which is the best ever for me for any car we have at home.

The car was extremely dirty when I reached back home, so had to be given a thorough wash ASAP.

As dirty as it can get.

Ride to Glide: Maruti S-Cross 1.3 Zeta-dirty.jpg

After a thorough inside out wash.

Ride to Glide: Maruti S-Cross 1.3 Zeta-clean.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 09:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

I ordered following items for the S-Cross from Amazon.in.

Cushions
http://www.amazon.in/Raaisin-Comfort...ilpage_o02_s00

Name:  41bh36aZ4JL.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  17.7 KB

** The cushions are of very good quality, especially the neck rests.
** The covers of cushions are of Art leather and seem durable.

Door guards
http://www.amazon.in/AUTO-CAR-WINNER...ilpage_o03_s00

** Decent door guards for the price. 10 times better than the door guards which Maruti forcefully tried to sell to me.

Ride to Glide: Maruti S-Cross 1.3 Zeta-doorg.jpg

Shark Fin antenna
http://www.amazon.in/Auto-Pearl-Prem...ilpage_o04_s00

** The antenna, even though suitable for S-Cross as per the product description, seems smaller to me. Its a simple DIY fitting job. I hope there is no warranty violation for removing the original antenna.

Ride to Glide: Maruti S-Cross 1.3 Zeta-fin.jpg

Will post pics post all the fitment is done.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 13th September 2016 at 09:32.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 09:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Completed 3rd free service.

ODO reading: 9700+

Task list:
  • Engine oil - change
  • AC Filter - change
  • Air filter - change
  • Clutch roughness - inspect
  • Wheel alignment, balancing & rotation - inspect+change
  • General 10,000 KMs checklist - inspect

The car was picked up from my office at 10 AM, as expected. The drive who picked up the car had come on his two wheeler, which is part of dealer's fleet of vehicles it seems. But I told him that I am going to pick up the car myself in the evening. So he left his two wheeler keys with me and took my car to service center. In the evening, I rode his two wheeler to the service center to pick up the car. I kind of liked this arrangement. Saved 200+ INR for me.

Servicing with cleaning was completed by 5 PM as promised. I inspected the car thoroughly and then I paid the bill. Total bill amount - 3730/- INR. Isn't this too less or is this the standard for 3rd free service? Need to find out.

Overall service experience was very good and I gave the SA 10/10 on his feedback form, except for service quality. I told him I will reserve one point there as I need to first use the car to understand the service quality, so he got a 9 there.

The car feels absolutely wonderful now. The transitions between gears are butter smooth, not the gear box transitions, the engine feel. The car has become smoother throughout the range. I drove at some insane speed on Saturday night on the bypass at 10 in the night on a completely empty stretch. It was rocking !

The overall FE in city has gone up by a notch to 17-17.5 range, which is very good, if not excellent. I have heard Fiat owners telling me that the MJD opens up really well as you pile up kms and that seems evident to an extent.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote