Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th June 2016, 11:52   #31
Default Re: My very own BumbleBee - 2015 Mazda 3 SP25 GT

Originally Posted by benu9714 View Post
15. Cruise Control
You mean Adaptive Cruise Control right? MRCC as they call it.
My 2.0 has it here, i think it would be standard on the 2.5.

Originally Posted by benu9714 View Post
- A very useful feature is the vehicle proximity warning (I forget what exactly it is called). If you signal a left or right turn (to change lanes) and there is a car close to you on that side, a beep sounds. It also beeps when you are reversing out of a parking slot if there is a car or a pedestrian nearby.
Blind spot monitoring, while turning without an indicator there is an indication on the side mirrors which lights up but does not beep. With the indicators on, the mirror indication plus beeps.

It also has the Smart brake support system which has audio visual warnings and then applies the brake automatically to try and avoid an impending front end crash in case of no driver inputs are noticed. Have seen the audio visual warning several times, however noticed the brakes being applied automatically only once yet.
srs_shetty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 07:17   #32

Time for the 9500 kms update:

The car will go in for its first 10k service very shortly so I thought it is good time for an update. The mechanical's have bedded in now and the car feels far smoother, revs quickly and is even more effortless to drive. Infact I am looking forward to the 10k service as with a fresh engine oil it is going to feel even smoother.

Coming back to the mechanical's again, the steering system is a revelation. This is by far the best electric power steering system I have come across in any car. It direct, full of feel (i dare say than even some hydraulic steering system, you have to drive it to believe it) and weighs in just like a hydraulic system. The only negative is that its slightly heavier than the other power steering system around but am I complaining? Hell no! I have also seen the launch video's of vehicle by Mazda and unlike launches by other manufacturers, they are more like phone launch events with explanation of engineering behind the product by their head engineer, David Coleman. Pretty refreshing I must say... here's one if you are interested.

Other things- love the Bose stereo even more than I used to. I look forward to doing journeys in the car just so that I can listen to my favourite tunes. I think a good audio system is the best investment you can make for your car given you love music and your car is not powered by a high strung v8,v10 or a v12 engine. The fidelity from the system for the bass and mid tones is pretty good and average for treble owing to the absence of dedicated tweeters. The best bit about the system is that I do not need to raise the volume to feel Bass. Even at very low volumes the bass is tight and punchy. The Mazda 6 has the exact same system plus two tweeters making it a total of 11 speakers.

The MZD connect multimedia system also deserves a mention. It may not be high on absolute features but is pretty easy to learn and navigate and fast too. I am also convinced by Mazda's implementation of enabling touch screen controls while the car is standing still and command controller plus individual buttons to access to home, music and navigation when on the move. I wish Mazda gave an option to enable touchscreen while on the move as well which could be really helpful when your passenger can or wants to input a gps location.

I have also come to appreciate little things in the car like the resolution and clarity from the reverse camera even under low light situations, the multimedia screen itself which is bright and saturated and sheer detail and clarity of the analogue tachometer dial.

Adaptive front lightning system is another nice feature since it makes driving on narrow turning roads in the night that much easier along with powerful bi-xenon headlamps. I also appreciate the iStop stop/start system as its activation depends on how much pressure you are putting on the brake pedal. It is also intelligent in the sense that if you have A/C running (unless it is running in ECO mode) or demister for the front windscreen on, it wont kick in, no matter how much pressure you put on the brake pedal.

The mileage has settled at around 12 kmpl for mostly city driving on normal 91 RON fuel. Pure highway drive still gives around 16 kmpl. I also fill it once a while with 95 or 98 RON fuel but the difference is imperceptible except for the placebo effect. It may have an effect during hot summer months given this is a very high compression petrol engine and will report the same when the summers are finally here.

The tyre noise remains a concern on corrugated Australian b-roads. I have read that the change of tyres from the stock Dunlops to better rubber takes care of the issue. Need to check that option out but its not a priority as its not a problem on most roads.

A reliable no non sense Japanese car which for a change also know hows to have fun and has a character. The looks, stance and the overall proportions continue impress me to this day and I admire it every time I park it after a drive. Everytime

Some pictures of the car to compensate for the horrible one's in opening post of the thread.

My favourite angle of the car
My very own BumbleBee - 2015 Mazda 3 SP25 GT-best-angle.jpg

Three quarter view
My very own BumbleBee - 2015 Mazda 3 SP25 GT-tbhp-3-quarter.jpg

My very own BumbleBee - 2015 Mazda 3 SP25 GT-img_3480.jpg

My very own BumbleBee - 2015 Mazda 3 SP25 GT-img_3333u.jpg

Last edited by extreme_torque : 21st July 2016 at 07:20.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 09:11   #33

Taking the liberty of posting another video by Mazda's chief engineer this time explaining the electric power steering system.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote