Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2016, 00:11   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 472
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Hi,
Nice review of the car. Thanks for the same.

Two queries about Ertiga AT:
In the top gear, what is the engine rpm at 80 kmph and 100 kmph in D mode?
At what engine rpm does the car upshift in D mode?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 19:58   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi,
Nice review of the car. Thanks for the same.
Two queries about Ertiga AT:
In the top gear, what is the engine rpm at 80 kmph and 100 kmph in D mode?
At what engine rpm does the car upshift in D mode?
Rahul, upshifting in D mode happens based purely on the accelerator feedback. If you push gently the upshifts happen at 2000 RPM. The other RPMs I have seen so far based on greater pressure being employed on the accelerator pedal in D mode have been 2500 and 3000 RPM. When driving fast, if I try to overtake and floor the pedal, I have also witnessed the RPM shoot up to 5500 RPM as well.
At 80 kmph the RPM needle in D mode is at 2000 RPM and at 100 kmph the RPM is at 2600

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I am looking to do a test drive in hyderabad and none of the Maruti dealers have an AT.
And waiting period for AT appears to be around 30-45 days at least.
Niranjan, were you able to do a test drive of AT before you booked it? Which dealership in Bangalore did you get AT test drive from?
Hi Sanchari, None of the Bangalore dealers too have an AT Ertiga. This is because they dont see any ROI on the investment made. Hence the alternative they offer is the Ciaz AT which is exactly the same engine and gearbox as the Ertiga AT.
The Ciaz is slightly more sprightly and easier to manoeuvre as it is about 100-150 kgs lighter than the Ertiga, whether it s the petrol or the diesel.
I waited for 31 days to get my Ertiga.
niranjanprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 10:43   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

An update that I wanted to share with all is regarding a trip I made to Mysore and BR Hills.
Mileage on the virtually choking Mysore Bangalore highway and the extremely steep climb to BR Hills where I had to use the L mode, came to roughly around 15.5 kmpl. This time around there was no 1000 km limit for me to drive the way I wanted. Though I reiterate that the car does not encourage me to test its limits unlike my earlier Micra!
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 00:23   #34
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Dear Mr. NiranjanPrabhu,

Thanks for sharing your review of the Ertiga AT with lots of very useful details.

I have been looking for a Petrol AT for the last few months and the Ertiga is in my short list now.
If you have any details on the following, I would appreciate it very much
1) Did you get the driver seat changed? Which dealership did you buy your car at? Did they agree to change it? I enquired at Pratham Motors on Sarjapur-ORR and they said they will not retrofit the driver seat from Zxi

2) Do you know if the rear wiper/defogger can be retrofitted. I checked on that too at Pratham, Mandovi, Sagar and Bimal. All refused to retrofit saying it is a dealer attachment

SwiftDriver

The Bad:
1. The car's seats though brilliant overall, are not the best for the driver, specially in the VXi which does not have a driver seat height adjuster. I am most probably investing in one at an astronomical cost of Rs 18k.
swiftdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:25   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdriver View Post
Dear Mr. NiranjanPrabhu,

Thanks for sharing your review of the Ertiga AT with lots of very useful details.

I have been looking for a Petrol AT for the last few months and the Ertiga is in my short list now.
If you have any details on the following, I would appreciate it very much
1) Did you get the driver seat changed? Which dealership did you buy your car at? Did they agree to change it? I enquired at Pratham Motors on Sarjapur-ORR and they said they will not retrofit the driver seat from Zxi

2) Do you know if the rear wiper/defogger can be retrofitted. I checked on that too at Pratham, Mandovi, Sagar and Bimal. All refused to retrofit saying it is a dealer attachment

SwiftDriver

The Bad:
1. The car's seats though brilliant overall, are not the best for the driver, specially in the VXi which does not have a driver seat height adjuster. I am most probably investing in one at an astronomical cost of Rs 18k.
Hi I am yet to get the driver seat changed. For my usually low usage I am still not enthused enough to get the job done.
Rear wiper and defogger retro fitting is a 1 lakh job as it requires the entire tailgate to be replaced. So I have dropped that idea.
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:53   #36
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,874
Thanked: 9,011 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdriver View Post
I enquired at Pratham Motors on Sarjapur-ORR and they said they will not retrofit the driver seat from Zxi
None of the ASCs will do this for you unless you have some good connection with the works manager or someone else who can at least understand your need.

On the other hand, retrofitting the Seats from "Z"variants is not going to be a difficult affair. You don't need to buy the entire seat for this from what I have known. I will try to provide you more details on this.

Quote:
2) Do you know if the rear wiper/defogger can be retrofitted. I checked on that too at Pratham, Mandovi, Sagar and Bimal. All refused to retrofit saying it is a dealer attachment

SwiftDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Rear wiper and defogger retro fitting is a 1 lakh job as it requires the entire tailgate to be replaced. So I have dropped that idea.
It certainly wont cost a lac for sure. The boot door along withe glass and the wiper mechanism (and the painting) will all be well under 30,000 for sure. Wondering what really takes the estimate to 1 lac.

Also, one will need to wire the motor, install new stalks, new switches, route the pipe to the reservoir, fiddle with the wiring as well. I think the ASC simply picked up costs of multiple items like these in one go, added everything and said 1 lac but in reality it will cost lower than that for sure.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:55   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,265
Thanked: 367 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Hello Niranjan,

Stumbled across this thread and a very good review of the Ertiga Automatic. Did not know that the third row is split folding on the ertiga until your post.

You had mentioned that there are some unfinished plastics near glove box. You may be able to fix that with a rotary tool like a sander, look at the ones from bosch, available on amazon india.

http://www.dremel-india.in/in/en/
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:36   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Hello Niranjan,

Stumbled across this thread and a very good review of the Ertiga Automatic. Did not know that the third row is split folding on the ertiga until your post.

You had mentioned that there are some unfinished plastics near glove box. You may be able to fix that with a rotary tool like a sander, look at the ones from bosch, available on amazon india.

http://www.dremel-india.in/in/en/
Actually the unfinished aspects that are jutting out in the pictures are very soft protrusions and dont hurt in any way. Just that cosmetically it does not look right! Thanks for your appreciation!
niranjanprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:38   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore/US
Posts: 110
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

I have booked an Ertiga AT in Hyderabad end of January, and still no sign of when it will be delivered. I asked the dealership, and they said they have contacted Maruti multiple times and they haven't received any response on likely delivery date. Right now, I am without a car and seriously thinking of going for MT, which the dealership is promising in a week. Does anyone know of any way to contact Maruti Suzuki to get an idea of when the car will be dispatched?
sanchari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:09   #40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

I went to Pratham Motors, ORR, Bangalore today to check on the Ertiga AT. To follow-up and double check on the retrofitting (of wiper, demister, height adjustable seat) for the Vxi AT.

A Brezza was in the showroom and most customers and SAs were focussed on that.

The SA I spoke with told me that they couldn't give an expected date for the Vxi AT since there were "some" problems with the AT and the dealership stopped taking bookings on Maruti's advice. I asked for the nature of the problem and I didn't get a reasonable answer. I lingered around for another 15 mins trying to get hold of another SA or a confirmation but didn't get one and had to leave.

Anyone knows if this is true?
Appreciate any input.

SwiftDriver
swiftdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 10:18   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I have booked an Ertiga AT in Hyderabad end of January, and still no sign of when it will be delivered. I asked the dealership, and they said they have contacted Maruti multiple times and they haven't received any response on likely delivery date. Right now, I am without a car and seriously thinking of going for MT, which the dealership is promising in a week. Does anyone know of any way to contact Maruti Suzuki to get an idea of when the car will be dispatched?
Also look at the Honda BRV as an alternative option that will be available very soon. This is my honest advice. This is what I would do if I were in your shoes.
niranjanprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 10:22   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdriver View Post
I went to Pratham Motors, ORR, Bangalore today to check on the Ertiga AT. To follow-up and double check on the retrofitting (of wiper, demister, height adjustable seat) for the Vxi AT.

A Brezza was in the showroom and most customers and SAs were focussed on that.

The SA I spoke with told me that they couldn't give an expected date for the Vxi AT since there were "some" problems with the AT and the dealership stopped taking bookings on Maruti's advice. I asked for the nature of the problem and I didn't get a reasonable answer. I lingered around for another 15 mins trying to get hold of another SA or a confirmation but didn't get one and had to leave.

Anyone knows if this is true?
Appreciate any input.

SwiftDriver
No ideas about any tech issues. If they crop up in my car I will let all know! The only issue I have had so far is that the AC inside circulation mode does not lock out the external environment completely due to which the stink of the city can sometime get in. I went to Garuda and got it checked and they told me there was a loose connection and they have fixed it. But looks like its not been fixed "well enough" due to which some stink still gets in. One thing I must tell you about Maruti is that its an ocean. Just because one drop of the ocean is a part of it, does not mean it knows everything about the ocean. When I was struggling to get my Ertiga they told me initially that it has quality problems and hence they were delaying it. Then they told me that my color was not available. Then they told me that its production has not happened. No one truly knows. Its one hell of a black box!
niranjanprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 09:32   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore/US
Posts: 110
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Also look at the Honda BRV as an alternative option that will be available very soon. This is my honest advice. This is what I would do if I were in your shoes.

I would have waited for a BRV if I had some car at present. However, without a car, its difficult to manage, so trying to look for alternatives. Looks like even the petrol versions of Ertiga Zxi/Zxi+ have a month+ wait times!
sanchari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 10:19   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I would have waited for a BRV if I had some car at present. However, without a car, its difficult to manage, so trying to look for alternatives. Looks like even the petrol versions of Ertiga Zxi/Zxi+ have a month+ wait times!
Use Ola, go through the pain but wait for the right car. Never compromise
niranjanprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 10:43   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 237
Thanked: 201 Times
Smile Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
No ideas about any tech issues. If they crop up in my car I will let all know! The only issue I have had so far is that the AC inside circulation mode does not lock out the external environment completely due to which the stink of the city can sometime get in. I went to Garuda and got it checked and they told me there was a loose connection and they have fixed it. But looks like its not been fixed "well enough" due to which some stink still gets in. One thing I must tell you about Maruti is that its an ocean. Just because one drop of the ocean is a part of it, does not mean it knows everything about the ocean. When I was struggling to get my Ertiga they told me initially that it has quality problems and hence they were delaying it. Then they told me that my color was not available. Then they told me that its production has not happened. No one truly knows. Its one hell of a black box!
Niranjan,

Do you have an AC (Cabin) filter in your car? The slot for this should be located right behind the glove compartment. You will have to remove the glove compartment lid/door to access the slot. If you are able to remove it, fitting the filter is damn easy!

My Ertiga ZDi Nov '14 model didn't come with factory fitted AC (Cabin) filter.
I got it installed in my car during the first free inspection @ 1000 kms. Hardly costs 300 bucks or so for the filter. Made me wonder, why Maruti skimped on such a small thing! that too after provisioning for the AC filter slot.

Anyway, I am not sure, if this is a standard feature now. So, why don't you get the slot inspected to check if you have an AC (Cabin filter). If not, try getting one for yourself.

If my memory serves me right, I do remember having solved the outside stench problem after this fix. Hope it solves your problem too.

Cheers!

Last edited by naut : 4th May 2016 at 10:47. Reason: edits
naut is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Budget Automatic War: Tata Nano vs Maruti Alto vs Maruti Celerio S2!!! Hatchbacks 105 20th June 2017 15:27
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012 GTO The Indian Car Scene 985 25th April 2012 22:47
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30 chevelle The Indian Car Scene 562 6th January 2012 20:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks