Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th June 2016, 12:36   #61
BHPian

Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

I drive a Swift Dzire AT, which is a torque converter (TC) unit. I don't know whether it is the same Aisin make TC as Ertiga. Coming to the point you were asking, I didn't see any improvement in mileage after 10,000 kms.

I used to get a mileage of 11.5 to 12 (refill method) initially in city conditions. My typical office commute is 12 kms, of which the first 9 kms is medium traffic and the last 3 kms is extremely dense traffic (in Hinjewadi software technology park in Pune). There are good days and bad days. On good days, the last 3 kms takes 15 minutes and bad days take 30 minutes to commute. I always commute during peak hours.

My mileage has taken a further beating after our office moved to another phase that is further 4 kms away. This involves 30 minutes of bumper-to-bumper traffic during morning peak hours (for just 4 kms) and 15 minutes on good days in the evening, which is rare. My current mileage is 10 kmpl . I am not complaining. It is better than driving a manual.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
I have booked a new Ertiga VXI A/T, primary reason to buy the car was that it can seat 6 people and is an A/T to handle the Mumbai traffic.

The Service Rep has mentally prepared that the in-city mileage in Mumbai would not exceed 8-10kms and will gradually creep up.

I am unable understand the science on how the mileage will creep up after 10k kms.
pradkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 10:58   #62
BHPian

Thanks for the input. I did a lot of analysis and decided not to got for the Ertiga A/T and cancelled my booking.

Primary reason was mileage issues and rising fuel cost. Would like to avoid switching to CNG in future.

So the search has begun once again and this time I have no car in hand as I sold my trusted companion a 4 year old ritz to an acquaintance.
e4gleeyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 16:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
The following details are to share from my short 2 week experience of having owned one of the few Automatic Ertigas in the country!
How's the car going on? What's the latest fuel consumption? Any servicing experience so far?
ani_meher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 18:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
How's the car going on? What's the latest fuel consumption? Any servicing experience so far?
Hi Ani_Meher, the car is doing good so far. Completed the second service and went in for fully synthetic (Castrol is used at Maruti Service Centers) engine oil. Mileage improved another 0.5 kmpl and is now around 9 kmpl in the city. Let me know if you need any more information. BTW I am not an extensive user of the car and have driven just 5k kms in the last 8 months!
niranjanprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 17:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga automatic owners - What is your overall feedback on the car ? A friend is looking at the Auto Ertiga and I don't see too many reviews for this variant.

Does the already under-powered 1.4 feel better or worse with the torque converter auto box ?
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote