Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd May 2017, 11:33   #76
BHPian

Default Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Hey Niranjan, just wanted to say that thanks to this thread, we bought an Ertiga Automatic a week ago.

As mentioned previously in this thread, I had a niche requirement - a seven seater with an automatic transmission. Did consider the Hexa and Innova, but the value-for-money quotient of the Ertiga was hard to ignore. (By the way, even after 5 months, I am still awaiting a test drive of the Hexa despite visiting two dealers and requesting a test drive from the call centre on 3 ocassions - but that's another story! )

My wife is doing all the driving right now, so I can comment on much - except the ride quality - which I think is pretty good.

Most of the dealers are reluctant to take the booking, saying Maruti has stopped production of the Ertiga Automatic, but I can confirm that Maruti dispatched the vehicle within a month of the booking (our Ertiga is May 2017 vehicle as per the VIN).
nishsingh is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 17:26   #77
BHPian

Saw an advertisement of the Ertiga Automatic on television for the first time. Posting pictures and the video as well
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-img_7342.jpg

My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-img_7343.jpg

My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-img_7344.jpg
niranjanprabhu is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 10:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Saw an advertisement of the Ertiga Automatic on television for the first time. Posting pictures and the video as well
Talk about being late to the market!

By the way, when was this?
nishsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 12:51   #79
BHPian

Default My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

Looks like they have restarted the Ertiga ads on the TV and I also see a big billboard ad near ecospace office (on Bangalore Outer Ring Road) for their hybrid diesel model - stock clearing????

Still wondering why don't they release a ZXi for automatic!

Last edited by harishhm74 : 12th June 2017 at 12:53.
harishhm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 06:09   #80
BHPian

Latest update. Got Mobil 1 fully synthetic engine oil put in the engine at Kalyani Motors.
Engine is absolutely butter smooth now. Unbelievable truly. Earlier I had gone in for Castrol fully synthetic (Garuda deals with Castrol only) since first service itself. No comparison. PERIOD
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 06:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post

Still wondering why don't they release a ZXi for automatic!
So true. Essentially features like rear wash and wipe along with demisters, driver seat height adjust etc are issues I am struggling with
niranjanprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 21:16   #82

Hi Niranjan,

I noticed that you have fitted a spoiler on your ertiga. I was planning to fit the same on my ertiga but was told that they would need to drill holes in the car In order to fit the same. Is this true? Could you please provide some insights on the installation procedure if possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Yash
Yash98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 13:11   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash98 View Post
Hi Niranjan,

I noticed that you have fitted a spoiler on your ertiga. I was planning to fit the same on my ertiga but was told that they would need to drill holes in the car In order to fit the same. Is this true? Could you please provide some insights on the installation procedure if possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Yash
Yes Yash. They do. Recently the glue of the spoiler came off and when I yanked off the spoiler thinking that it was simply glued on, I realised that it was not just glued, but screwed into the original spoiler as well.
niranjanprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2017, 21:36   #84
BHPian

Hi Niranjan,
I used an Ertiga Vxi Green for past 2.5 years . One big problem with Vxi is lack rear wiper . In monsoon the rear tyres somehow would spray a fine mist of muddy water on the rear windshield. I tried using some coat on glass which reduced this phenomenon to some degree but nowhere as wells a rear wash and wipe.
The rear wiper motor assembly costs about 2500 and you have to buy the arm as well. You have to drill a whole in the trapezoidal panel below the rear glass and the assembly has a bracket in the rear hatch built in . Very easy fit.
The spray nozzle is built in the high brake lamp which you need to change . I don't know how it can be integrated with the assembly for operation , I thought of installing a piano switch for the rear wiper hitch can be used without the spray.
In the end before undertaking the exercise I sold the vehicle. I had seen a few Vxi with the wiper retrofitted.
It seems vitesse was doing it for some Ras.7500/- or so but my dealer flatly refused stating it ll affect my warranty.
I suppose it can be done and MGP parts are not as costly.
HIGHNOON is offline   Reply With Quote