Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st October 2006, 13:27   #271
BHPian

Saw 5 Vernas in Cochin. 3 silver and 2 white. 4 CRDi's and 1 Petrol. The car looked better on road than in the showroom. Yep, it looks small. But the side views looked good.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 13:54   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
Saw 5 Vernas in Cochin. 3 silver and 2 white. 4 CRDi's and 1 Petrol. The car looked better on road than in the showroom. Yep, it looks small. But the side views looked good.
Verna definitely looks small, so are aveo and fiesta as well. All these cars are taller than previous gen. cars like OHC, Esteem, Baleno, Accent, Ikon etc. Also these new cars have the boot more dissolved into the body. Especially in the case of Verna, boot is almost like that of a notch back. So it appears smaller than many other cars. As a matter of fact Verna's wheelbase is larger than that of NHC as well.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 14:19   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
Verna definitely looks small, so are aveo and fiesta as well. All these cars are taller than previous gen. cars like OHC, Esteem, Baleno, Accent, Ikon etc. Also these new cars have the boot more dissolved into the body. Especially in the case of Verna, boot is almost like that of a notch back. So it appears smaller than many other cars. As a matter of fact Verna's wheelbase is larger than that of NHC as well.
But the surprising thing is that the boot is quite spacious, spacious than the Accent. With such a long wheelbase they managed to get the boot space bigger too. Thats a good thing.
Old 1st November 2006, 02:17   #274
BHPian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
WHAT CHEAPOS!

Pay 8.5 lakhs and get a stripped down car! Meaning diesel is only for Taxis?
I agree with you steer. Well, a layman would find Indica DLX more comfortable than de Verna Crdi.

It's a tiny car. I am not sure of the numbers. I wont pay 8.5 laks for a korean crafted sheet metal.

But i vote for the engine. it's the best.

Cheers,
Jai
nevertouchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 14:30   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme
I agree with you steer. Well, a layman would find Indica DLX more comfortable than de Verna Crdi.

It's a tiny car. I am not sure of the numbers. I wont pay 8.5 laks for a korean crafted sheet metal.

But i vote for the engine. it's the best.

Cheers,
Jai
Well TATA should give you a cash award for saying Indica is more comfortable than Verna. What a find? Paying 8.5 lakhs or buying hyundai is your personal opinion.
Old 2nd November 2006, 14:32   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
Well TATA should give you a cash award for saying Indica is more comfortable than Verna. What a find? Paying 8.5 lakhs or buying hyundai is your personal opinion.
My sentiments exactly!
After test driving the verna, I was dreading to drive my indica, sadly thats my only workhorse for now.
Lumbar support, gear lever position, pedal position etc., all is more egronomic than the indica. On a long drive on NH1 the indica can be draining, but not so for the verna.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 22:34   #277
BHPian

guys iam selling my indigo lx for verna so plz u cant compare verna and indigo so indica is far away...... after driving verna crdi i dnt really like driving indigo any way few days tp go till i get my hot red colour verna.....
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 22:36   #278
BHPian

guys if yourl know any good dealer in mumbai coz me wanna fit key less entry ( in the key i mean not autocop from dealer but company fited) and electric mirrors plz let me the price aswell...........thanx
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 04:34   #279
BHPian

Verna has been launched in Mumbai and I have taken a test drive of the car. It is awesome car. I think the diesel engine of Verna is lot more powerful then Fiesta and is very easily noticeable.

Looks of verna is cool and looks generation ahead of Accent which it is replacing. Features in the car are also more than any other car compared in the same category
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:24   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444
guys iam selling my indigo lx for verna so plz u cant compare verna and indigo so indica is far away...... after driving verna crdi i dnt really like driving indigo any way few days tp go till i get my hot red colour verna.....
Congrats...so you decided on the red one...good decision
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 12:00   #281
BHPian

Congrats on the new Verna, do post your opinion once you get the car.
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 12:16   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99
Congrats on the new Verna, do post your opinion once you get the car.
Yes, it would be useful considering the fact that even though Hyundai claims that many thousand Vernas have been sold, neither are we seeing them on the roads nor are we getting any owner reviews on the forum.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 12:23   #283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Yes, it would be useful considering the fact that even though Hyundai claims that many thousand Vernas have been sold, neither are we seeing them on the roads nor are we getting any owner reviews on the forum.
Supreme, well said. Exactly my feeling, 2K+ vernas on road in 5 days is just a tall claim OR all those 2k+ owners have never heard of online auto forums

Verna owners, plssss post your experience here sooon. even an intial frank first impressions would also do
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 12:38   #284
Senior - BHPian

I did spot few Vernas in Bangalore/Mysore, but you have to stretch your eyes to spot one. It doesn't have that distinct look on road and is easily masked in the traffic. From back, you can mistake it for Viva. From front its Baleno/Corsa. From side-rear, its like Optra (just my obeservations). If the name badge is removed, then its quite a task for casual eyes.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 14:03   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy
From back, you can mistake it for Viva. From front its Baleno/Corsa. From side-rear, its like Optra (just my obeservations).
@msdivy, that was a funny way of putting it.
Maybe this time Hyundai decided to source inspiration from more than one car.

On the day they launched it here, the newspapers had a snap showing the front view and to me also it looked similar to the Baleno's front.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote