Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd November 2006, 18:45   #286
BHPian

yes thanks mobike008 helping me choose red.......... i wanted to choose between white and red......but i always wanted to by a red sporty car.........well def post my review once i get my car......... and one more thing.....2k that car where sold meant booked but not delivered.........waiting period is between 2 to 3 weeks.....well saw few vernas on road today..

Last edited by jeetu4444 : 3rd November 2006 at 18:48.
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 22:48   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
@msdivy, that was a funny way of putting it.
Maybe this time Hyundai decided to source inspiration from more than one car.

On the day they launched it here, the newspapers had a snap showing the front view and to me also it looked similar to the Baleno's front.
Almost all cars have an inspiration from one or more cars. Fiesta has a rear look inspired from the Octavia. The Old Sonata's rear had from the Jaguar. The new Verna also from some cars. But the front looks are more corolla, not the boring Baleno's frontal looks.

But it's the Swift which had a full length inspiration from another car, the Mini Cooper. It shows every manufacturer including Japanese takes inspiration.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 00:25   #288
BHPian

You are right in what you have said that all cars have some inspirations from other cars and that include the jap cars too.

So we should not point fingers at our very own copy cat Anu Malik
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 04:55   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99
Congrats on the new Verna, do post your opinion once you get the car.
thanks vivekkr well still have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks for the delivery....... will def write a review asap......thanks again for your wishes.
Old 4th November 2006, 17:27   #290
BHPian

Ok Jeetu4444, no problem.... By the way, if you dont mind, could you please tell us how much discount/free accessories you got from your dealer? When I called up one dealer in Calicut (I'm from Kerala) to enquire about Verna CRDI, the sales person started telling that there are currently no offers as it is selling like hot cake!! I've to check with some other dealers also...
Thanks
Vivek
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 19:00   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I called up one dealer in Calicut to enquire about Verna CRDI, the sales person started telling that there are currently no offers as it is selling like hot cake!!
Now that is a pretty good indicator of whether a car sells or not, regardless of whether or not supremebaleno notices any on the roads. If the dealer wont give you a discount, its selling well.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 20:20   #292
BHPian

You are right Steroid... I called him up through one of my friends who was right there for booking his new Santro. I told him I have plans for going for Verna in first quarter of 2007 only, after checking the new launches (if there are any)..
By that time, the dust will also settle down over the new hot launch, and we'll get a lot of reliable reviews from tbhpians themselves. I think it would be very helpful if those who have already booked could give us information on the discounts or other good deals they got from the dealer. At least, the prospective buyers will have a rought idea what to expect/how much to bargain.
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 02:29   #293
BHPian

dont expect any discounts from any company when the car is just launched maybe after 2-3 months
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 02:36   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Diesel one is scary. Wheelspinning into 3rd gear, that too engine not fully run in. And it pulls like a freakin locomotive. Torque on the petrol isn't too bad either, though it's not too revvy.
agree... A Verna CRdi raced ahead of my Baleno today and we had a kind of a race on a open stretch of road... even after I was doing close to 100kmph in 2nd Gear (didnt shift to third for the sake of better pickup).. the Verna driver was able to overtake me :(
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 06:36   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Ok Jeetu4444, no problem.... By the way, if you dont mind, could you please tell us how much discount/free accessories you got from your dealer? When I called up one dealer in Calicut (I'm from Kerala) to enquire about Verna CRDI, the sales person started telling that there are currently no offers as it is selling like hot cake!! I've to check with some other dealers also...
Thanks
Vivek
VIVEKKR IAM GETTING 4 % CASH DISCOUNT THATS IT
Old 5th November 2006, 16:25   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444
VIVEKKR IAM GETTING 4 % CASH DISCOUNT THATS IT
Guys, there is no dealer discount only a finance discount of 4%.

Cheers,
Mumbaikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 17:38   #297
Senior - BHPian

No dealer discounts on verna

Another probable reason:

Any further discounts thereby lowering the price of verna and its bye bye hyundai accent time.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 20:24   #298
BHPian

It seems hyundai has sold out whatever Vernas they've produced so far. Their combined sales in A3 segment (Accent and Verna) was 3720 units in October. As per hyundai their monthly production of Verna was 2500 units increased to 3000 units.

The initial news which came in magazines and news papers of 5000 units in a fortnight must be the real sales figures plus bookings. I called up popular hyundai, cochin for just an enquiry and they said there is a waiting period of minimum 3 weeks.

The Ford Fiesta must be hiding somewhere and trying to shoot the Verna
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 22:39   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Ford Fiesta must be hiding somewhere and trying to shoot the Verna
You bet, i have been regularly seeing VGT CRDi Vernas on the road and hardly seeing Fiestas compared to the number of Vernas nowadayz (or maybe since the Fiesta is a older car dont notice it as much as i notice the Verna)
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 23:55   #300
BHPian

whose suspension will score more on rough/pot-holes road---nhc or verna.pl remember ride comfort is very much important criteria unspoken criteria
omvnbhatt is offline   Reply With Quote