Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd February 2007, 05:27   #496
BHPian

Well too much love for Verna CRDI, what do u guys think about the Petrol Xi version.
As my usage is only about 30 KM's per day, i dont think a Diesel car is necessary.
Petrol Verna owners or anyone who has had a TD, please post your views.
carCrazy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 03:11   #497
BHPian

well verna petrol is good refined and comes better loaded than diesel one. i think petrol is just fine for u
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 12:31   #498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carCrazy25 View Post
Well too much love for Verna CRDI, what do u guys think about the Petrol Xi version.
As my usage is only about 30 KM's per day, i dont think a Diesel car is necessary.
Petrol Verna owners or anyone who has had a TD, please post your views.
i think the xi version has about the same features as the diesel. but if you want a fast car with better performance and fe then get the diesel.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 6th February 2007 at 12:32.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 20:32   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i think the xi version has about the same features as the diesel. but if you want a fast car with better performance and fe then get the diesel.
Thanks Akshay, i would go for the Diesel any day, but many of them have adviced me not to, as my Travel is only about 30 to 40 Km's a day and if i travel out of country, the vehicle will not be used. Which , by what ppl say is not good for a diesel engine.
Help Please
carCrazy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 22:15   #500
Team-BHP Support

any car if not used for a long time will develop problems..
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2007, 03:58   #501
BHPian

well if u have the buget then go for diesel u will love it trust me i have it......and i get FE of around 16 to 19 in city with 50% a/c and mix driving..well petrol will give u around 10FE in city.
Old 8th February 2007, 06:38   #502
BANNED

Well, in case of Verna! The Diesel shouldn't be dumped just because of that 30kms per day reason.
The car packs in a lot of power and torque in it. The Verna diesel experience is something worth going for.
But other than the engine, the car is just a normal Hyundai.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 06:04   #503
BHPian

well guys vernas r increasing day by day well seen soo many and in all possible colours... i luv the blue aswell..

Last edited by jeetu4444 : 12th February 2007 at 06:08.
Old 15th February 2007, 11:30   #504
BHPian

Hi I got delivery of my white Verna CRDI... I have driven it for around 600 kms till now.. am getting an FE of around 13-14 kmpl in City with a/c on for more than 90% of the time... will post more details later...
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 13:09   #505
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
She just went and picked up my White Verna CRDi. She drove it for about 30 minutes and was hugely surprised by the smoothness and the sheer power. ?

Having ridden in it, was quite impressed with the go, smoothness and decent interiors. Sam seems to be in love with it, although a bird sprayed the insides with coke, the day before
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 13:30   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

I have now completed 925 Kms in the Verna. Still Hugely impressed.

I've noticed one thing, the rear right door, needs a little extra push to be closed. I will have to correct it at the first service.
The car is smooth and clean, however the sound insulation on the inside is not perfect.
The Ride is good and the engine, amazingly responsive. Have found the perfect tyre pressure for my Yoko 185/65/14 - 29 lbs/ sq inch. More later.

2 things make me unhappy. The cream/beige coloured interiors get dirty quickly, especially at the bottom on the door thingies. Needs to be cleaned often. The carpet is beige too, as opposed to the grey I am used to and this too, shows spots easily.
I have not put any seat covers, but from the looks of it, I will have to soon. No not because of the bird dropping coke lol, but the seat material, is well very light in colour and catches spots/dirt easily.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 13:39   #507
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2 things make me unhappy. The cream/beige coloured interiors get dirty quickly, especially at the bottom on the door thingies. Needs to be cleaned often. The carpet is beige too, as opposed to the grey I am used to and this too, shows spots easily.
I have not put any seat covers, but from the looks of it, I will have to soon. No not because of the bird dropping coke lol, but the seat material, is well very light in colour and catches spots/dirt easily.
Cream/Biege interiors go well with dark exterior colors but not so well with a color like White, its best if you go for a dark seat covers which will not only look good but also protect from getting spoiled easily

I saw a white verna with very dark tan leather seats, man did it look hot !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 13:41   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beige is not an interior colour suitable for our environment - its meant for a/c + squeaky clean floor to a/c + squeaky clean car sort of environments. The sooner people realize it, the better it is for them.

Get black leather and grey carpets. ASAP.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 13:49   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Get black leather and grey carpets. ASAP.
The dash is half grey and half beige. Black leather seats wont match the dash, which I cannot change. I quite like the idea of dark tan leather.

However, grey carpet??? Where can I get a carpet that is cut to size for the car? And won't it be expensive?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 14:27   #510
Team-BHP Support

sam, have a look at jiggy s new seats in the vtec, slightly loud but nice!!

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote