Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th February 2007, 09:20   #541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
a female customer came to the Fiat dealership with her GTX and
Aha.

Sorry for going off topic.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 11:36   #542
Senior - BHPian

Same experince here , I today filled up my Verna with about 48 Liters of diesel from a shell pump, wasa running on the low fiuel warning lamp for about 20 kms . Was doing that kindda stunt so that i could change over to shell diesel without the probelms of mixing premium diesel with normal diesel. The guy at the A.S.S told me that the tank will have alteast 5 liters of fuel when the yellow lamp starts to glow.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 12:12   #543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Same experince here , I today filled up my Verna with about 48 Liters of diesel from a shell pump, wasa running on the low fiuel warning lamp for about 20 kms . Was doing that kindda stunt so that i could change over to shell diesel without the probelms of mixing premium diesel with normal diesel. The guy at the A.S.S told me that the tank will have alteast 5 liters of fuel when the yellow lamp starts to glow.

Wow, thats a total contradiction to the statement Hyundai A.S.S of Hyd.

My 5 month old viva crdi has never taken in a maximum of 34 litres of diesel "till date" even after driving for over 60kms after the low fuel warning lamp glows and A.S.S told me ( probably just to get rid of me temporarily ) that I can drive for over 100kms after low fuel warning lamp glows and there will be easily ~ 10 litres of fuel in reserve. Btw, even viva crdi has a 45L capacity

So, in reality, i know for sure my car fuel indication system has gone kaput, probably the float or something that i plan to get it rectified from another dealer than where i bought since my dealer seem to be a bunch of dumbheads and not able to resolve it. So i will hopefully achieve nirvana by end of march ( when my car completes 8K and will be ready for its 2nd service)
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 12:15   #544
Senior - BHPian

I think its same as fiesta fuel thing.. Remember the 31 KMPL thing. They filled 49 liters in fiesta.. 4 litre is in fuel line as per the discussion in that thread...

Last edited by abhibh : 27th February 2007 at 12:16.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 12:26   #545
Senior - BHPian

Default These A.S.S guys !

No pun intended , but seriously i need to do some some serious digging with the A.S.S guys when i meet them again as , this could be a problem , when you wanna do something like shifting to a diffrent fuel type.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 13:11   #546
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Post this experience I have filled up from the same pump (I use the HP pump, opposite Vijay Sales at prabhadevi) whenever the fuel light shows and have got varied results, all below 45L.
Better not to wait till low fuel lamp glows before filling up. I have read that low fuel level will put more strain on the fuel pump plus promote rusting of the exposed tank surface. Of course if the fuel level is lost completely then the pump may get damaged. Ideally it is advisable to fill up at half tank. I usually fill up 17-23 lits in my Santro's 35-liter tank.

Last edited by rks : 27th February 2007 at 13:16.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 23:14   #547
BHPian

Last tank full (3-4 days back) left me puzzled too. The fuel lamp was not glowing and the needle was above E and still a petrol pump on NH1 filled 47 Ltrs. I then remembered what we discussed same thing in Fiesta 49 Lts Limca Book of records run. I just smiled and left the pump
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 03:30   #548
BHPian

I'm gonna get the tank full on this sat n then a long drive from Cochin to Calicut.

Lemme check how much fuel goes into the tank n also wanna clock the milage.

Is there anyway to clock the milage without a tank full? My guess is I will need only 17 ltrs of diesel for about 200 kms if the car gives me an FE of 12kmpl.
This trip will add another 400 kms which will add up to 1000 plus kms of running for my car n then can send her for 1st service.
icemanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 05:05   #549
BHPian

well guys i think that all car have certain reserve about 5 litres then light starts glowing so if the manuel say capacity of 45 then it is actually 50 litres.....well i always sticks to HP turbojet and fill from main hp pump at bandra..

Last edited by jeetu4444 : 28th February 2007 at 05:12.
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 01:59   #550
BHPian

guys please tell me the use of the trip computer fitted in verna..
does it show the avearge fuel effeciency made by the car...?
drsvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 11:57   #551
Team-BHP Support

Don't know about SX, but earlier Verna Diesel did not have any trip computer. Don't know about the petrols.
I suggest that for feature list etc., you should visit the Hyundai showroom and check out yourself. For these things you do not need to ask others, you can go to showroom and find these out.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 12:39   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_micky View Post

Sam, do let us know howz your car performing post 1st service.
Well, I've finished 4000kms already. The car is still super quick. Because of the soft suspension, the car tends to lunge forward when braked, i find this irritating.
It makes quick time of the pune mumbai expressway and still feels very, very solid. The average is around 12.

Recently we went to buy a red verna Xi (petrol) for my cousin in oune. The salesman asked me what my avg was. When I told him 12, he said it should be more and I should take it back to service and complain. I think I will.

I have come to the conclusion that it is more fun to drive the lancer to pune. Even the the verna is decidedly faster, it handles like a boat. I prefer the tighter harder suspension of the lancer.

I HATE the driver's seat. Though comfortable, there is a wierd angle to the lower back and this makes long drives uncomfy. In comparison, the lancer has much much better support for my back.

But, great powerful car, great VFM. I'm still recommending it.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 13:53   #553
BHPian

sam... can u tell me how long they take to deliver the vehicle after booking.? im planning to buy sx..
Old 1st May 2007, 14:32   #554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
sam... can u tell me how long they take to deliver the vehicle after booking.? im planning to buy sx..
It differs from city to city, have you checked at your local dealer? What did they say?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2007, 22:02   #555
BHPian

here they say delivery will be in one week..

now SX4 is gonna be launched... so just waiting for it.. its features seems exciting... But im worried about the delivery of maruti...